Culture and mentality

Yes it was me. I deserve the call out.I’m sure a number of fans thought the same thing. It was the same stuff again just a different year. I’ll take the L for that. PTSD over the last 15 plus years.

Good on the players and coaches for not laying down when it was ugly early. They fought hard and deserved to win. Huge win and let’s keep the momentum rolling.
You are not alone. I was in the bunker with you and then banned myself from the game day board.

Advertisement
This is dumb. First quarter doesn’t mean anything?
Nope. How many Canrs games have you watched/experienced over the years? Sorry if you’re a newbie. Not even Canes specific, college football games aren’t won/list in the first quarter. Arguing that makes you look dumb/drunk. The examples are in the hundreds.

Go Canes!

The 1Q of a college ball game means nothing for the most part. Been watching it long enough to know that. My $0.02.

P.S. - if you are new here stay away from in game threads. That is where stoopit goes to bread. Real soap opera types.

Go Canes!
I banned myself last year, banned myself again today. I will take your advice. I know better. Thank you for the reminder.

Advertisement
I believe it was @Mklein13 who said we were about to get boat races when it was 10-0 and if this was last years team I agree it would’ve gotten ugly early.

Yeah the new coordinators made a huge difference but so does have players who can respond after adversary hits. We handed them 14 points and countless first downs because of mental mistakes but the team never wavered.

Lots to clean up and I pray Kam is alright but this team responded and it’s I’m not going to say we are back but we are heading in the right direction.
This could be the turning point game for this program ala UCLA 1998.

Huge, huge win.
Seeing fruits of their labor and the confidence it inspires will benefit this program big time going forward this season.

I’m just so fn happy.

Advertisement
Only place this is true is the NBA
This is wrong too. A great book called Thinking Basketball talks about this. Most fans remember comebacks, so in their mind, it happens more often than you think. The better NBA teams usually have the best first-quarter point differential. Especially in regular season games. I found a link where he talks about it. And BTW, this is also true for football.

"To answer the question the way it is phrased here, NO, points count the same throughout the game. 2 points in the first quarter are the same as 2 points in the fourth quarter.

If you are wondering in what quarter points increase the odds of winning the MOST, scoring more points earlier is better. Similarly, the best teams in the NBA have stronger point differentials EARLIER in the game (eg 1st quarter). The 4th quarter is really the only potentially meaningless time in NBA basketball.

I'd cite the number of studies on this, but my blog is down. However, they can be found in my upcoming book, which covers this issue in some detail." -

This is wrong too. A great book called Thinking Basketball talks about this. Most fans remember comebacks, so in their mind, it happens more often than you think. The better NBA teams usually have the best first-quarter point differential. Especially in regular season games. I found a link where he talks about it. And BTW, this is also true for football.

"To answer the question the way it is phrased here, NO, points count the same throughout the game. 2 points in the first quarter are the same as 2 points in the fourth quarter.

If you are wondering in what quarter points increase the odds of winning the MOST, scoring more points earlier is better. Similarly, the best teams in the NBA have stronger point differentials EARLIER in the game (eg 1st quarter). The 4th quarter is really the only potentially meaningless time in NBA basketball.

I'd cite the number of studies on this, but my blog is down. However, they can be found in my upcoming book, which covers this issue in some detail." -
You may be right. (Honestly I just don’t feel like reading all of that)

best indicator of the culture changing, Take 30 seconds and listen to Cristobal talk about how the kids WANT to be pushed in practice on a short week playing a cupcake. This is championship culture DNA running through the veins of this team.

Advertisement
Yes it was me. I deserve the call out.I’m sure a number of fans thought the same thing. It was the same stuff again just a different year. I’ll take the L for that. PTSD over the last 15 plus years.

Good on the players and coaches for not laying down when it was ugly early. They fought hard and deserved to win. Huge win and let’s keep the momentum rolling.
Shame

Advertisement
Back