Crown this man (Kaaya)

Was talking to him last night about how his mom was talking to Lane at camp and this was his response:

"Haha my family talks about him a whole lot. My mom and dad both watch a lot of these recruits highlight tapes with me when we're chillin around "

I said I had never heard of parents watching highlights of recruits and he responded:

"Hahaha is the NCAA gonna make a rule against parent recruiting like they made a rule against celebrations after we always celebrated in the red zone in the 80s and 90s? "

HBK is apparently referencing the scene in The U 30-for-30 documentary where our flamboyant behavior prompted rule changes by the NCAA in the early 1990's. Good to see the kid is doing the required research...

Was Liberace on the team?

LULZ.

And to answer your query, yes. From all accounts, he went by the name Tremain Mack.

Yeah...you never know.

Advertisement
Kaaya=Duke of this class and he is doing an outstanding job trying to recruit players loving it

this guy could def be better than Olsen

I really dont get the obsession with Olsen around here. he looks solid but not spectacular. granted he prob has a lot of room to grow physically. kid looks like a middle schooler. judging from his bro, he'll prob get a lot bigger

I like Kayaas tape better than Olsen's fwiw

Advertisement
this guy could def be better than Olsen

I really dont get the obsession with Olsen around here. he looks solid but not spectacular. granted he prob has a lot of room to grow physically. kid looks like a middle schooler. judging from his bro, he'll prob get a lot bigger

I like Kayaas tape better than Olsen's fwiw

Based on film I like Brads better, KO is good as well though. They both have the mechanics down though, they both must of been around real coaches.

There's a certain Samoan defensive tackle on the central coast who Kaaya needs to reach out to quickly if he is serious about getting guys from Cali to consider the U

From ITU today:

-Says he visited because it would be fun and he likes going to camps
-Wants to say he went to his school's camp, was planning on visiting anyway, loves spending time in Miami
-Said why not do the camp and let Coley see him throw
-Says visiting as a commit has a different feel, it's more laid back
-Says his first visit was like a business meeting or an audition
-Says the second visit they were kicking back, relaxed, talking about who they're recruiting
-Says he enjoys talking with recruits from FL or TX who might be his teammates
-Says he has taken that on as a responsibility because he will be playing with them in a couple years
-The staff wants him to recruit and doing that as a QB shows leadership
-Says he was intrigued by the differences in S FL players and what he is used to
-Says it was great throwing to Johnnie Dixon and Travis Rudolph
-Met Ermon Lane, said it was great socializing with them
-He is hoping Coley is with him through the duration of his time at Miami
-Wanted to work with Coley at the camp to see how he is and to compare him to others
-Says Coley's techniques are all solid and he's excited about that
-Doesn't care that Miami is his only major offer
-Says the fact that Miami knew they wanted him and had been on him a while makes him feel stronger about Miami
-Says Golden and Coley didn't need to see the stars next to his name or the blue chip label
-Says Miami believed in him and he was high on their board
-Says other schools played around because he was their plan b
-Now he is a 4* and was invited to the Elite 11 and The Opening
-That convinced him Miami knew what they were doing since they're such intellectual people

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/QB-Brad-Kaaya-Recaps-Memorable-Weekend-in-Miami-133693

This cat is MONEY! He's got it

Advertisement
Look the things he says doesn't make him a better thrower but they do make him a better leader and that's what ya want AND NEED FROM A QUARTERBACK. The kid has to prove himself on the field but if his leadership qualities are any indication of the type of player we're getting, then we're in for a treat.

Maybe he redshirts and we get a year separation between him and Olsen. It would be nice to be set at Quarterback for the next few years but I think we should hold off on crowning him or giving him the starting job, even over Edouard. It's just nice to have some decent depth and competition.

Last edited:
So.

Is HBK now a 4star and invited to E11 and The Opening only because he's a Miami committ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back