CROWN COACH RICHT

I agree with the read issue. Take away his accuracy and arm strength... you don't have much.

But he's so accurate and NFL scouts love him, so the reason we are losing is the defense, er the play calling, er the O-Line. Ugh, I just hope he looks better in the NFL so I don't feel stupid for drinking the kool aid.

Advertisement
I'll play this game anyways cuz its hilarious.

Take away Nick Saban from Alabama and you don't have much.

Advertisement
since we're talking accuracy, he needs to work on his deep passing. i think all of the deep completions to ahmmon this year have been under thrown. It seems he is constantly checking up and waiting for the ball. Be nice to see him hit 82 in stride deep once this year.

Lol at I saw a change in philosophy bs... The only change was in Kaayas ability to stay calm and make smart decisions like realizing you can actually pass out of an RPO. Only dumbasses would believe Kaaya was ordered to throw slow inaccurate passes and misread defenses when deciding to run or pass out of the RPO. Coaches have been challenging Kaaya and calling him out which is sonething his soft *** needed bc hes been coddled and made excuses for by the last coaching staff and this fan base which is why he has been a failure to this point.

This guy gets it.

Agreed, for the first time ever.

Lol at I saw a change in philosophy bs... The only change was in Kaayas ability to stay calm and make smart decisions like realizing you can actually pass out of an RPO. Only dumbasses would believe Kaaya was ordered to throw slow inaccurate passes and misread defenses when deciding to run or pass out of the RPO. Coaches have been challenging Kaaya and calling him out which is sonething his soft *** needed bc hes been coddled and made excuses for by the last coaching staff and this fan base which is why he has been a failure to this point.

This guy gets it.

Agreed, for the first time ever.

Lol

I agree with the read issue. Take away his accuracy and arm strength... you don't have much.

Take away Usain Bolt's speed and reaction time and you don't have much.

If I was fast I would have a good 40 time.
Dude what kind a analysis was that??!?! hahaahahahah

That's the point. How do you say that a QB isn't much without accuracy and arm strength? That's like half of what makes a QB good.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2693494 said:
If he called every game like today we would be undefeated. Hopefully he keeps it going.

No this is all execution due to Coach Richts coaching. Kaaya is finally learning how to play the qb position at an elite level

Richt made a lot of adjustments, and that's the big difference.

1) we max protect, slide protect now. Watch the RBs - they almost always stay in to block now (reason Gus was playing)
2) quick hitters quick hitters quick hitters
3) Richt abandoned his obsession with establishing a ground game.
4) throwing on 1st down a lot. He was less predictable Saturday than any other game so far
5) almost everything was out of shotgun yesterday.

These are the biggest reasons for what we saw on Saturday.

I've been preaching this since after the ND game, he's made a bunch of adjustments. The sliding the ol, max protecting and and quick game has been the biggest change.

People gripe about Gus playing more ,but isn't it weird the pass blocking is better with him in the game. Yearby is God awful in pass protection.

It seems like some don't want to believe Richt had to change , they have their agenda of its the players ....not his gameplan . The issues was more on what he was trying to do with the personnel we had.

I'm just glad he finally came to his senses now, and actually made adjustments . Unlike the last staff.

Lmao at the idiots that can't see scheme and philosophy changes in this game and the 2nd half of ND.

Guysm the light just came on for kaya all of a suddenly.

Lmao at the idiots that can't see scheme and philosophy changes in this game and the 2nd half of ND.

Truly amazing the low football iq on this board. It jumped off the screen starting in the second half.

For sticking to his plan as a HC/OC/QB coach/ and program builder and turning our QB into a real QB for once.

Brad missed some throws but overall Kaaya's play this game looked better than I have ever seen him at any point in his cfb career so far.

- The main thing that I noticed was how Kaaya was actually zipping balls in spots not allowing the defender to react to what usually are his slow *** floaters like he normally throws.

- Also the clock in Kaaya's head was going off a lot quicker, I liked how he was finally deciding to evade and run if there wasn't a good throw to make.

- I saw Kaaya finally moving past his 1st read

- The confidence in his throws and decision making looked a lot better overall

- CROWN COACH RICHT FOR TRUSTING HIS PROCESS AND THE RESULTS FINALLY STARTING TO SHOW IN TERMS OF QB DEVELOPMENT. BC KAAYA LACKED SO MANY THINGS THAT MADE HIM WORTHLESS NOW HE IS LOOKING A LOT BETTER. THATS ALL COACHING.

/ Oh LOL at you clowns for all the dumbass we miss Al Golden and James Coley post smh lol you all are pathetic

The only thing he did was put him in the gun like he should have 5 games ago. Now if he puts him under center again we will lose again. He's a slow QB he see's everything much better in the gun, I guess he must have read this board, I've been saying if for a month and a half.

Lol its hilarious how Kaaya apologist on this board act like everybody else is blind so you all can just make up ****... Reality is Richt has had Kaaya in shot gun plenty of times all season and he sucked regardless. Kaaya was in shotgun last season and he sucked regardless... Coach Richt has been doing his job of teaching Kaaya how to be a qb from a basic stand point and its finally starting to show results...

Coaching isn't some microwave bs Kaaya has been under terrible coaching staffs and now he's under a legit one... Coach Richt doesn't need "your mind blowing ideas" about putting a qb in shot gun when he's clearly been in that formation and has sucked his entire career in it until now.... Thanks to Coach Richt

lol He never got in a groove going back and forth, he was in the gun much more than any game so he got in his groove, Ric play calling sucked in the 4 games we lost. You want continuity in a game, he didn't have it going back and forth, it is what it is. If he goes back to ******** around with Kaaya we will lose, leave him in the gun and let him do his thing. Ric screwed him up by keep going under center and bad play calling. We don't have a great run offensive line, you have to pass the ball to open the running game up not the other way around like he was doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

Truly amazing the low football iq on this board. It jumped off the screen starting in the second half.

Ya this was brain surgery, he put him in the gun where he should have been 5 games ago and let him do his thing. Now if Ric goes back to his run first pass later and puts him back under center we lose. I said it many games ago, he's a gun qb leave him there if you want to win.

Ya this was brain surgery, he put him in the gun where he should have been 5 games ago and let him do his thing. Now if Ric goes back to his run first pass later and puts him back under center we lose. I said it many games ago, he's a gun qb leave him there if you want to win.

What percentage of plays was he in the shotgun against Pitt, vs. the other games?

Advertisement

What percentage of plays was he in the shotgun against Pitt, vs. the other games?

No idea but it was more than any other game. They also started off in the gun and didn't wait to go to it when we get 14 to 17 down. They went straight to it and Kaaya got to get in a groove.

Last edited by a moderator:

No idea but it was more than any other game.

What's your rough estimate?

Pitt was the first time he showed better than average accuracy to me since hes been here. Arm strength was much better as well which is all due to Richt kicking his *** until he finally figured it

since we're talking accuracy, he needs to work on his deep passing. i think all of the deep completions to ahmmon this year have been under thrown. It seems he is constantly checking up and waiting for the ball. Be nice to see him hit 82 in stride deep once this year.

His deep ball accuracy is still below average

Advertisement
Back