Crown Alex Gall and some other quick hitters...

Advertisement
This has been a mad frustrating season. Losing to FSU, UNC and ND. U just shake your head. Why could have been

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Good take, k9. Outside of
McIntosh and occasionally Harris, the front 4 has failed to generate a pass rush. Thomas has been invisible more games than not.

I know,water under the bridge...but we miss AQM ,Grace and Young.

No no no, Zev Lumelski baaaad!!!!

Semper Canes!!!
He could tell the quarterback to "look out" in four different languages, though.
Symonette

This has been a mad frustrating season. Losing to FSU, UNC and ND. U just shake your head. Why could have been

Vatech ran away from UM but the other games, yeah, about 15 points away from having a really big season

Advertisement
Gall is giving me flashbacks to the great Xavier Shannon. Seriously why did it take an injury to Linder for the coaches to realize there was such an obvious upgrade behind him?

Mea culpa, I thought Gall was bad, I mean, Freeman Brown-level but lo and behold he has been a steep upgrade at C for Miami. I think he's found his position and I don't think he gives it up anytime soon. He has the size and girth that Linder simply doesn't possess and he gives the Canes a real push upfront inside

- Ahmonn Richards is best first year WR Ive seen at UM. Yes, the Canes have had some great RS Frosh campaigns but never like this for a true freshman

- Kaaya wasn't good today. Missed throws all over and also ignored easier throws that could've kept drives going. It is what it is.

- Walton played his best game at Miami, ran hard and broke tackles and his early play really set the tone offensively

- Anyone else disappointed by the lack of pure pass rush by the front four? Tackle play inside vs the run by Norton was outstanding

- Love the future of our front 7 but Im very concerned about the DB next year, especially seeing Redwine out there( sorry, just a step slow for corner, IMO) Hated the delay blitzes Diaz ran in the first half, I thought at times (specifically on the 3nd and goal) playing 8 in coverage was the better/safer option in that situation

- Feels good to be back on a winning streak. But October will always frustrate me. I think UM has a tough one next week in Ralieght. Lets finish this season strong and build some momentum going into the thick of recruiting...

It's been mentioned that Redwine's money position is probably safety as he doesn't have the quickness that the other corners have. He's a good talent, just not fast.

But I agree with all of your other points.

Ummm, you also agreed with him about Redwine.

Wanted to emphasize that point.

This team should NEVER have had that four game swoon. At worst, we should have beat ND and really should not losy more than two of the four.

Should've beat FSU and UNC too

We didn't win ACC but I think we were a few calls away from being 8-2. Good momentum for next year and potential recruits gotta like what they see.

I'm not one to dwell on calls but the FSU hold and the UNC TD that wasn't killed us.
It happens.
I want to see us pull out a close one for a change.
I believe next week we will have that opportunity.

Advertisement
We desperately need to fine a pass rusher, we bring no pressure without selling out on the blitz. I hope JJ can develop into that.

Gall was going up against bad players for Uva. He didn't all of a suddenly become Mark Stepnoski.

Ok, I just wasted 5 minutes looking at old threads because I didn't trust my memory. This is the same Gall that pretty much everybody was trashing (and by "trashing" I mean "trashing in thread after thread after thread) as recently as last month and now he getting a crown? After one good game? Hey, I hope he continues to do well, but lets slow our collective roll.

Gall was going up against bad players for Uva. He didn't all of a suddenly become Mark Stepnoski.
I don't disagree but I'm trying to figure out what else changed other than Gall because the OL has looked much better the last two games. Say what you want about UVA but Pitt's DL was supposed to be decent.

Advertisement
Good take, k9. Outside of
McIntosh and occasionally Harris, the front 4 has failed to generate a pass rush. Thomas has been invisible more games than not.

I've watched Thomas closely the last few games and nothing stands out special about him. I like Tool Box and D Jax better. Papa Joe Jackson will have that right side DE on lock down next year.

Advertisement
Ok, I just wasted 5 minutes looking at old threads because I didn't trust my memory. This is the same Gall that pretty much everybody was trashing (and by "trashing" I mean "trashing in thread after thread after thread) as recently as last month and now he getting a crown? After one good game? Hey, I hope he continues to do well, but lets slow our collective roll.

Psssss. I didn't have to waste anytime rereading old threads to remember all the Gail bashing ever since those pics came out last year. Now all of a sudden he is some savior. I got a good lol out of this thread....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Psssss. I didn't have to waste anytime rereading old threads to remember all the Gail bashing ever since those pics came out last year. Now all of a sudden he is some savior. I got a good lol out of this thread....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I thought I remembered but given the new praise, I started to think I must be mistaken.

Advertisement
Back