Crown Alex Gall and some other quick hitters...

k9cane

Senior
Mea culpa, I thought Gall was bad, I mean, Freeman Brown-level but lo and behold he has been a steep upgrade at C for Miami. I think he's found his position and I don't think he gives it up anytime soon. He has the size and girth that Linder simply doesn't possess and he gives the Canes a real push upfront inside

- Ahmonn Richards is best first year WR Ive seen at UM. Yes, the Canes have had some great RS Frosh campaigns but never like this for a true freshman

- Kaaya wasn't good today. Missed throws all over and also ignored easier throws that could've kept drives going. It is what it is.

- Walton played his best game at Miami, ran hard and broke tackles and his early play really set the tone offensively

- Anyone else disappointed by the lack of pure pass rush by the front four? Tackle play inside vs the run by Norton was outstanding

- Love the future of our front 7 but Im very concerned about the DB next year, especially seeing Redwine out there( sorry, just a step slow for corner, IMO) Hated the delay blitzes Diaz ran in the first half, I thought at times (specifically on the 3nd and goal) playing 8 in coverage was the better/safer option in that situation

- Feels good to be back on a winning streak. But October will always frustrate me. I think UM has a tough one next week in Ralieght. Lets finish this season strong and build some momentum going into the thick of recruiting...

Advertisement
This team should NEVER have had that four game swoon. At worst, we should have beat ND and really should not losy more than two of the four.

Mea culpa, I thought Gall was bad, I mean, Freeman Brown-level but lo and behold he has been a steep upgrade at C for Miami. I think he's found his position and I don't think he gives it up anytime soon. He has the size and girth that Linder simply doesn't possess and he gives the Canes a real push upfront inside

- Ahmonn Richards is best first year WR Ive seen at UM. Yes, the Canes have had some great RS Frosh campaigns but never like this for a true freshman

- Kaaya wasn't good today. Missed throws all over and also ignored easier throws that could've kept drives going. It is what it is.

- Walton played his best game at Miami, ran hard and broke tackles and his early play really set the tone offensively

- Anyone else disappointed by the lack of pure pass rush by the front four? Tackle play inside vs the run by Norton was outstanding

- Love the future of our front 7 but Im very concerned about the DB next year, especially seeing Redwine out there( sorry, just a step slow for corner, IMO) Hated the delay blitzes Diaz ran in the first half, I thought at times (specifically on the 3nd and goal) playing 8 in coverage was the better/safer option in that situation

- Feels good to be back on a winning streak. But October will always frustrate me. I think UM has a tough one next week in Ralieght. Lets finish this season strong and build some momentum going into the thick of recruiting...

It's been mentioned that Redwine's money position is probably safety as he doesn't have the quickness that the other corners have. He's a good talent, just not fast.

But I agree with all of your other points.

Advertisement
This team should NEVER have had that four game swoon. At worst, we should have beat ND and really should not losy more than two of the four.

Should've beat FSU and UNC too

We didn't win ACC but I think we were a few calls away from being 8-2. Good momentum for next year and potential recruits gotta like what they see.

the referees were mostly fair today as well, although they could have called PI multiple times on their DB's.

74 played well minus some penalties, seems like the other guards are too fat and slow to pull

Last edited:
Advertisement
Defence played well - but if they didn't miss tackles and held onto the picks they had touch their hands it would have been better.

Also wet gave up 7-10 3rd downs. He called a great game - we just need to execute a little better. Considering how young we are I'm still proud of the unit overall.

Also we should mention how hard Edwards ran today. That's what I was hoping to see from him.

Gall was good Joe Jackson is a STUD and any OC with a pulse will pick on Redwine. Thought all the RB's ran well , but Walton was very good today. The penalties still **** me off and I'm so glad we signed AR15.

Advertisement
The most refreshing thing about this defense are the 2nd half adjustments. Zero points in second half. This is really where Richt shines the most and we will always be in games because of it. The coaches that make the best adjustments usually have a high winning percentage.

Play calling has gradually gotten better since unc game. Kaaya missed a bunch of throws today otherwise it was a good gameplan

My thing is look at ahmon da god.....this kid would be right now at bama making the same plays. Then u would have the he cant do it here its the play calling. Nope its not play calling he gets open and anybody can throw it nowadays. Get the studs from sfla that keepgoing to bama and fsu and the program willl become elite. We keep getting plan b ni99@z dont get mad when they r duke level players....or dont get mad if we win a nail biter vs vt and those type of bumb school.

Reclaim sfla and we back.....dont reclaim it its four years and a new coach. Get juedy get pope getthem all no excuses

Advertisement
Sad to say but the Linder injury showed us he was the primary problem on the line. He's too small and weak to play on the interior

Sad to say but the Linder injury showed us he was the primary problem on the line. He's too small and weak to play on the interior

The center is usually the smallest guy on the line. He just hasn't been good all year. Gall surprisingly was great today. Tyler gauthier looked good too

Last edited:
Love a center that gets a push. We had 1 about 3 years ago that also came in when someone got hurt, and he started serving pancakes. Forgot his name, converted guard. Contributed as a senior.

Advertisement
Back