Cronkrite - what's his status?

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
Just curious.... are we still going after him or has that ship sailed? Who was the guy on here who was close to him?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Just my opinion, but we don't need to bring in 4 backs. Need to use as many scholarships as possible to improve the talent and depth on D.

Status=sour grapes and soft shoulders

At all. Miami dropped the ball here completely. He'll go on to any school he wants and be a **** of a player. Ice's loyalty to Walton cost us the best back in Dade County.

Yo my dude I'm sorry to break it down to you but cronk ain't the best back in dade county I know he's your boy and all but I remeber ole boy getting about 2 yards when he played champagnat last year when they had trevonte

I certainly didn't mean to reignite all this tired old stuff, just curious to know if we'd/he'd totally moved on or if he was still in play.

I feel as though if one of our backs decommited that he would be asked to replace his spot and would in a heart beat.

Advertisement
From what I understand, he moved on because we moved on, not because he's afraid of competition or anything like that.

I've also heard ND is making a push for him.

I certainly didn't mean to reignite all this tired old stuff, just curious to know if we'd/he'd totally moved on or if he was still in play.

Yeah, unfortunately this was going to happen in this thread.

I know he was at the game so maybe still some interest on both sides. However, I don't think he would come in, even if we wanted him, if we kept our 3 back currently committed. He seemed pretty adamant about being 1 of 2 backs in the class.

IMO we should get him back on board, you can never have too much talent, this guy seems like he will work his *** off and seems like a good kid whose skill is underrated. The guy just continues to improve and may actually be the same weight as scarlett while already being faster than walton. After seeing cook light us up I do not know how anybody on this board wouldn't want Cronk back. I guess some people never learn and history will repeat itself. We still have time so I hope Golden clears this up and get him back on board. This would allow us to focus on other positions next year while maybe bringing in only rasul.

Advertisement
The kid decommitted from us....Jesus, he wasnt happy with the competition. I dont knock him for that. We need DEPTH!!! You seen what happened when we dont have other RB's who can tote the rock when we need it? Duke Cramping, Gus is too injured to make a difference and only Yearby, a 180 lb freshman. We are going to be ok, and so will he!

If he wanted to move to WR or Safety, I think they'd take'em...but he wants to play RB and I don't blame him.

Status=sour grapes and soft shoulders

That's unneeded at this point. Kid saw we have 3 other backs committed and moved on, that's all.

Again, not true.

Scarlett said he’s had casual talks with Cronkrite on Tuesday, but “not about Miami or anything like that.”

Cronkrite told the Miami Herald on Friday he “doubts” he’d stick with his commitment to UM if Scarlett were to throw his name in UM’s 2015 recruiting class.

After Scarlett’s announcement, Cronkrite said “I’m good right now,” while hanging out with Killian safety and UM target Jaquan Johnson. Cronkrite said he didn’t really have a reaction to the news and is just going to wait things out.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssp...fireworks-with-commitments.html#storylink=cpy

Just my opinion, but we don't need to bring in 4 backs. Need to use as many scholarships as possible to improve the talent and depth on D.

So next year you're good with a depth cart that is Joe Yearby, Gus Edwards, annnnnnd a couple of true freshman if Trayone Gray moves elsewhere? Look at it this way, if Gray is better at a different position, bringing in 4 RB's will allow to move to that better position instead of staying at RB and not maximizing his full potential.

Advertisement
Back