Cristobal v Dan Campbell

Advertisement
People on social media were roasting Badgley saying he’d miss. Well he’s been solid the last two years and went 13-16 from 40 plus the last two years including a 54 yarder a couple weeks ago.

What’s the point of having a kicker on your team if you aren’t trying field goals within 47 yards?
Exactly. People saying he doesn't have the range are just flat out wrong.

I don’t think so. They haven’t done much carving up this year
I’m not saying 40 points but San Fran defense has some major holes. Thought they were elite early in the year but the film is out and they can be had. Should be a good game. It’s a toss up

Would love to see these two go up against each other in a brain bowl. Somehow Celebrity Jeopardy gotta make it happen
Great another original closing on our head coach post!! Original, insightful, and helpful analysis as usual.

I swear I remember everyone on this board giving Mario a pass for last year after how bad A$$ he finished the recruiting cycle. Then doubling gown after he convinced Ward to come here finally with his relentless attitude.

Someone want to check receipts or how about some people just admit they were full of sh*t because it took a lot less than a month for the pile on train started.

Advertisement
As I tell my wife, “That’s why they play the games. Humans are not perfect.”

Once football becomes as predictable as computer chess, it will have as many fans as computer chess.

I'd take Dan Campbell all day every day as a gameday head coach over Mario

CIS has spoken: 29 votes in agreement, zero in disagreement

Comedy Central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Advertisement
Um, okay.

You're preaching to the choir. Mario is a terrible game day coach and not taking a knee to close out a win is unforgivable (doing it twice in a career, even worse).

I don't understand how questioning the thought process of Campbell is in any way a comparison with Mario, a defense of Mario, or condoning Mario's game day stupidity. Then again, it's CIS. In another thread, pointing out that opt outs are really ****** and take away from bowl season is somehow seen as an excuse for the Canes losing to Rutgers.
Hot Dang!!! You fools are
Um, okay.

You're preaching to the choir. Mario is a terrible game day coach and not taking a knee to close out a win is unforgivable (doing it twice in a career, even worse).

I don't understand how questioning the thought process of Campbell is in any way a comparison with Mario, a defense of Mario, or condoning Mario's game day stupidity. Then again, it's CIS. In another thread, pointing out that opt outs are really ****** and take away from bowl season is somehow seen as an excuse for the Canes losing to Rutgers.
All of you continually sh*tting all over the head coach of our program are some of the laziest, repetitive, insufferable, non-playing football fans in all of college football.

I’ll repeat again. Not only was that game stolen from US worse than the PI call in the Chwmpionship game because this play was reviewed and the refs still f*caked our program. But also look at the d*mn video again. Cristobal was screaming to kneel the ball. He also swallowed full responsibility for the loss and taking all of the worlds crap for what was a boneheaded/selfish call by Dawson to try and get Cheney his first 100 yard ball game. Trying to reward him for a night of tough running.

Additionally, Mario has flaws as a gameday coach. We can all respectfully admit that. How about actually putting some brain cells together and coming up with an original thought with some constructive ideas, and if possible back it up with some actual data or video evidence?

We were actually in every game this year with a chance to win. A clear improvement from the year before despite the most bi-polar QB play in the history of college football.

Make no mistake this football season fell off the rails because of TVD. He proved he did not have the mental fortitude, relentless passion to be a student of the game, or leadership skills to make this team near elite. He was a facade, all of the arm talent in the world but folded when any real adversity presented itself. Yes he did get hurt but he also hurt the team by trying to downplay his injury because he had already started his mental breakdown and was terrified if he didn’t play he might never get back off that bench

Make no mistake Cristobal himself is in large part responsible for the lack of talent and experience in that QB room. He handicapped himself by not having any other QB with some game experience available to suit up if something went wrong with TVD and boy did it go awry.

So what did the man do? He completely acknowledged that mistake by getting two portal QBs with college experience and proven in-game talent/ability. Before that he recognized his mistake in trusting TVD after last seasons mental mind f*ck. And despite his last couple games looking more like Mr. Jeckyl than his alter ego Hyde… Mario respectfully told his starting QB.of two years. his senior year services would no longer be needed.

Can we please bring some actual insight into our clearly unrelenting, unhinged, unbalanced, and a lot of times uneducated fanatically biased opinions?

We have positive things going with this program. We just closed an amazing class to upgrade our overall talent. We upgraded the most important position on the field with one of if not the top rated transfer QB. We now have quality talent/depth behind our projected starter. We infused our roster with experienced/productive players at positions of need (Yes we all want a WR#1 and starting CB - And those in the know say we will keep looking). Why can’t we bring some positivity into spring ball until we actually get a little insight on what all of this means logistically? Nope the mopers didn’t even want to enjoy or remain positive for a week before they reverted back to full form beta moper!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
As a Hurricane and Detroit native, I'd like to take about 5 years off from football

Lions had their best season since I've been alive, just for it to end like that. So brutal. As for the Mario/DC debate, DC is a way better coach, and he has his fingerprints all over the offense. Before the Lions got Ben Johnson (OC), he took over play calling at the end of 2021, and it made a huge difference. I didn't necessarily love or hate either of the fourth down calls, it's just what he does and he stuck with it.

If Josh Reynolds doesn't drop two balls, Gibbs doesn't fumble, Aiyuk makes a miracle catch, none of this would've mattered. Also, the defense had absolutely no contain on Brock Purdy. Just sucks

Can one of my teams win something in my lifetime, please
I feel like the worst call of the game was the 3rd & goal run that caused them to burn a TO and essentially made the onsides the final play.

You have to throw there.

Josh Pate said there are several notable head coaches around 50 years old that are about ready to walk away from the sport if the transfer madness doesn't change. Wonder if Mario is one of those coaches.

Advertisement
Back