Cristobal Demoted by Bama

You guys are dopes. First, Mario did a tremendous job with Bama's O-line. Do a little research and stop looking like 15 yr old girls who were dumped. This is a power move by Saban. Mario is coaching TE's and tackles. The two most important positions on the line in their offensive scheme. This has nothing to do with the quality of his work. Saban would have sht canned him long before this move. This AINT Miami.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Advertisement
but but but he deserves to be the HC @ Miami.

anyone who supported this idea should be made sterile so their stupidity is not passed on to the next generation.

To think, so many people wanted this guy as our HC.

A guy who is a position coach.

I usually agree with you, but it's a huge stretch to say that he had a lot of support to be our next head coach. The exact opposite was true as threads and polls clearly indicated.

A lot of the guys in your profession had that opinion though as well as a bunch of recruits per an article.

That's what I'm referring to. I just heard Earl Little on the radio the other day and he wanted Mario as well as a ton of other high school guys. SMH

nelson-haha.jpg

Advertisement
So wait a second.

He's not a good OL coach, but that OL had the Heisman trophy winner go for approximately 2k yards?

Then there's....

Henry isn't all that, anyone can run behind that line. Did you see the holes he had to run through!

Then there's.....

Alabama has 5 star OL across the board so anybody could do his job.

Then there's....

Stars don't matter.

Then there's....

Saban is an ******* and ruthless. Underperform for him, he'll ship you to Siberia.

Then there's....

Christobal isn't a good recruiter, just a bunch of hype.

Then there's....

He didn't fire him because he wanted to keep him for his recruiting of the Ridley and Cooper's of the world.

Man, there's a lot of talk out of both sides of people's mouths around here. He's still got a job, I don't know the specifics as to why he was moved, but mention his name and all kinds of dumb **** flies out of some of your mouths.

Last thing, I'm still laughing at the bitterness some have for him leaving to go to Bama in the first place. More money, coaches under one of the best of not the best, and then there's the following. Who in their right mind wouldn't leave Al's sinking ship due to the above and half of the fans or more wouldn't send their kid to play for that guy. Softies, again talking out of both sides of your mouths..

Exactly!!!!

I 've seen this story posted about several places and it's funny that some post it as "Mario promoted"...and others say "Mario demoted". He's coaching TE's and OT's..right? Sounds like a way to just jam another high-quality assistant into the mix.

anyone who supported this idea should be made sterile so their stupidity is not passed on to the next generation.
Funny... the ones I recall calling for Wario to be Head Coach the most were a lot of the local high school corches. I'm glad popularity with the local corches didn't win out in our coaching search. I think the old administration would have at least interviewed him.

Advertisement
Where are all the cumsatchels on here who scolded me when I said he was a **** OL coach? They all told me Henry proved he was great because Henry won the Heisman. LOL at Beanerdict and his fckboy Miami fan club.

He's there for one reason--to recruit S Florida and he can't even do that well.

Pretty cool to see this board upvote racism. I'm sure no one would mind this idiot calling Shannon N-----dict too, right? And ya'll call Bama fans, racist hicks...

Where are all the cumsatchels on here who scolded me when I said he was a **** OL coach? They all told me Henry proved he was great because Henry won the Heisman. LOL at Beanerdict and his fckboy Miami fan club.

man you are the best!!! congrats........no one builds a strawman like you.

Pretty cool to see this board upvote racism. I'm sure no one would mind this idiot calling Shannon N-----dict too, right? And ya'll call Bama fans, racist hicks...
Racial/Ethnic/Religious slurs aren't good for the board, especially since it's really a multi-cultural melting pot in the Canes community. I've seen my own ethnicity slurred on here and I don't like it so I'm not liking slurs against any group.

While it was a clever amalgamation, I saw it the way I and you assume it was intended and that's why I didn't upvote it. I didn't downvote it either (maybe I should've???) as I agree with the overall point that there were people hysterically calling for Wario partially to do with his Canes background and mostly to do with recruiting. Hiring a recruiter as head coach without the coaching skills would be repeating the last 5 year.

That said, maybe some of those who read it and upvoted, innocently saw it as Benedict, without noticing the "Beaner" reference???

Last edited:
Advertisement
Saban is clearly preparing Mario to be the next head coach at Alabama with this move. Saban wants to broaden Mario's experience and knowledge base. It's obvious.

Got a friend who is a Bama Grad/superfan. He says they're not demoting him, but are looking to shuffle the staff.

Their WR coach apparently struck out on a bunch of players which is a no-no for Saban. They're getting rid of him, making the current TE/ST coach the new WR/ST coach and making Mario TE's and Tackles with Key only coaching G's and C's

Didn't even notice that but upvoting it now.

Advertisement

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.

Got a friend who is a Bama Grad/superfan. He says they're not demoting him, but are looking to shuffle the staff.

Their WR coach apparently struck out on a bunch of players which is a no-no for Saban. They're getting rid of him, making the current TE/ST coach the new WR/ST coach and making Mario TE's and Tackles with Key only coaching G's and C's

Napier is getting fired???

But instead of getting another gig on a bunch of staffs that have had turnover, he's just going to wait it out?

If that really happens, he deserves to be fired. But I doubt he's the one being moved from on-field.

I think Williams moves from TE/ST to off-field, before transitioning to retirement. Key will probably get ST/OL.

Mario is coaching TE. May also get the AHC title Mel Tucker had.

So, yeah ... It's not a demotion in pay or value to their staff. But it is a demotion in coaching responsibility, IMO.

Didn't even notice that but upvoting it now.

Love me some Pope Jackson. These sensitive facquits have delicate feelings.

Advertisement
Back