Cristobal and perception

Advertisement
^^^THIS.

Very mental-midget for anyone to talk about a close season opener against Fresno State a day after he just went into Columbus and his team out-played and out-toughed Ohio State.

Dude has made a notoriously flashy Pac-12 team into a gritty and tough bunch by year three. That is impressive as well.

Saban-taught and his Ducks are taking on his personality—while Miami has become all the part of amateur hour, clown-show Manny.

Anyone wouldn't take Mario over Manny is off their rocker. No comparison.
More Butch taught than Saban...Very close to Butch still....

Why you stop at his last 7 games from a covid riddled season? Aside from being the youngest team in the country last season ( and this season especially) they were plagued by Covid, injuries and opt-outs. Furthermore they only had 3 weeks of practice the entire off season before the start of the season. They blew double digit leads against Cal and Oregon st and lost to Iowa State thanks to 4 costly turnovers. If you consider having a 27-9 overall record with back 2 back Conference ships and ny6 bowl appearances failing then I sure as **** can't wait for Manny to have that problem!

Do you not find even a hint of irony in your post?

Mario's last seven games as HC:

Loss to one win (over Cal) Oregon State
Loss to winless Cal
Win over USC-P12 title game
Loss by two TDs to Iowa State
Win over Fresno State (tied with 3:00 left as 21 pt favorites)
Win over Ohio State

Loss to one win (over Cal) Oregon State
Loss to winless Cal
Win over USC-P12 title game

Pac 12 champs am i right?

Oregon has recruited well for 15 years so miss me with that ignorant **** son. They built the best house in a bad neighborhood. No big boy teams within 2k miles.
Pre Mario as HC Rankings.
2013. 19
2014. 21
2015. 16
2016. 27
2017. 19

Mario as HC
18. 13
19. 7
20. 11

Like I said you’re ignorant , which is nothing new. Before you son somebody know your *** from a hole in the ground. I guess that Nike money came in in 2018? Or mayne Mario took over , he’s considered one of the best recruiters in the country and hardest workers on the trail. They went from being a top 20-25 recruiting program to one of the best recruiting programs .

Stop being ignorant son.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’ll use a technique Mathew Mcconaughey used in the movie “a time to kill“. Look at Mario’s resume, the great recruiting classes , multiple conference titles , wins at a top tier opponent , Rose bowl title and making a once soft program physical as ****. Now imagine he’s Miami’s coach!!

You’ve blindly defended manny to point it’s just crazy , but pick this guys resume apart like he’s a bum lol. A former came at that. Even though everyone around cfb sees what he’s doing there.

Last edited:
I'll answer your question with a question, can you name ONE coach not named Nick Saban, Dabo Sweeny and most recently Ed Orgeron that's currently doing more than Mario right now? Lincoln Riley is dominating his weak *** conference only to get dominated in the playoffs with a top 10 program he inherited from Stoops. You saw what happened to Day yesterday. So who is this imaginary home run hire you guys talkin bout?

My reality is he’s 27-10 at Oregon, won two conference titles , won a rose bowl ,took over and instantly made them physical as **** , has them playing with an edge ,and recruits like a dog. Like I said that’s reality , not perception.
Could not be better said.

But this is what people do when they don't like a coach. Find games to pick at in a desperate attempt to discredit said coach. Find somewhere in the past where they got blown out as proof that everything they accomplish on the field is meaningless.

It all just means they have no idea what is a good or bad coach.

Question for the board, so Oregon beats OSU on the road and everyone is crowning Cristobal. However, the week before they barely beat Fresno State at home 31-24. Thoughts on this? I know a lot of people would take Cristobal here in a heartbeat (including me), but you know this board would have been killing him for that week 1 score.
Problem is Miami will never make a big splash for a Coach, and the perception of our fanbase (including myself) see a glimpse of hope with Mario who is viewed as a Top 10 or 15 Coach of all college football, because he’s one of us and loves the University.

Mario still isn’t a good game day coach and if he came to Miami we’d honestly have seasons similar to Mannys record wise. THE DIFFEREnCE is Mario recruits a different type of player at the position of needs and that would be DL AND OL, and in my opinion those are the most important parts.

mario would make us look like an SEC school and play like one.
Butch wasn’t a good game day coach but we hit on almost every recruit.

there is a more percentage of a chance we play in playoff games with a guy like Mario than a guy like Manny.

oregons team has big fast LB, DL and OL and it made a huge difference.

Advertisement
I’ll use a technique Mathew Mcconaughey use in the movie “a time to kill“. Look at Mario’s resume, the great recruiting classes , multiple conference titles , wins at a top tier opponent , Rose bowl title and making a once soft program physical as ****. Now imagine he’s Miami’s coach!!

You’ve blindly defended manny to point it’s just crazy , but pick this guys resume apart like he’s a bum lol. A former came at that. Even though everyone around cfb sees what he’s doing there.
Oregon was coming off a 4-8 season when Taggart and Mario took over. He didn't inherit a Ferrari like Ryan Day and Riley!

Problem is Miami will never make a big splash for a Coach, and the perception of our fanbase (including myself) see a glimpse of hope with Mario who is viewed as a Top 10 or 15 Coach of all college football, because he’s one of us and loves the University.

Mario still isn’t a good game day coach and if he came to Miami we’d honestly have seasons similar to Mannys record wise. THE DIFFEREnCE is Mario recruits a different type of player at the position of needs and that would be DL AND OL, and in my opinion those are the most important parts.

mario would make us look like an SEC school and play like one.
Butch wasn’t a good game day coach but we hit on almost every recruit.

there is a more percentage of a chance we play in playoff games with a guy like Mario than a guy like Manny.

oregons team has big fast LB, DL and OL and it made a huge difference.
They were without 5 starters on defense yesterday and they still pulled off the upset. Flowe was replaced by true freshman and Thibodeaux was replaced by a true freshman by covid rule. Very young team...

His Ducks just beat #2 Ohio State on the road while missing 5 starters on defense, including his best 2.

Also, Fresno State consistently has a strong football program. They are not nearly as talented as Oregon, but always have good coaching, which goes a long way. Also agree that they might have been looking ahead to the game with Taint. Happens to almost every team at one time or another.

Danny Miaz doesn’t get that pass because his teams come out flat more often than not, specially after a bye week, and definitely in big games.

Mario is not my first choice to be the next coach at the U, but he is eons better than Manolo.
Who coaches at Fresno State?..

Advertisement
hearing more and more about how soft and easy the culture is with the UM football program and players

I tend to believe it because it shows up on Saturdays

Manny is not a leader or disciplinarian of young men

I'll say this about Cristobal, his guys looked hardened and tough. It just looks like they want to play for him - and they really have no choice

Miami is soft, and its from the top down

Oregon was coming off a 4-8 season when Taggart and Mario took over. He didn't inherit a Ferrari like Ryan Day and Riley!
100%. But, to be fair, Day and Riley were OCs of those Ferraris.

In the end OU made the right move, gently pushing Stoops out. And same for OSU as Meyer was planning his latest health scare. I think his last four losses at OSU were all ***-whippings, by Clemson (31-0, CFP), OU (31-16 at home), Iowa (55-24), and Purdue (49-20). Missed CFP because of the last three. Urb packed up his aspirin and went home.

Well if you watched both games oregon offensively looked like two different teams as far as the play calls. Very conservative against Fresno. If you watch two Miami games in a row I bet you’ll see inside zone on second and long
Yes. We used our entire playbook against UAB last year. All of it.

Advertisement
2013. 19
2014. 21
2015. 16
2016. 27
2017. 19

Mario as HC
18. 13
19. 7
20. 11

Like I said you’re ignorant , which is nothing new. Before you son somebody know your *** from a hole in the ground. I guess that Nike money came in in 2018? Or mayne Mario took over , he’s considered one of the best recruiters in the country and hardest workers on the trail. They went from being a top 20-25 recruiting program to one of the best recruiting programs .

Stop being ignorant son.
Mario knows what to do with a bag, he's not Helfric or Taggart, he learned from the best. You're showing your naivety sugartits. The **** you think oregon would be without nike lol? Try looking past your shoelaces before you start throwing the ignorant word around.

2013. 19
2014. 21
2015. 16
2016. 27
2017. 19

Mario as HC
18. 13
19. 7
20. 11

Stop being ignorant son.

It's not like Mario took this program over from Chip Kelly when it was elite. It had slipped pretty significantly with the guy that had taken the reigns from Kelly. I still remember Utah putting up like 50+ on them in Autzen. Mario had to actually re-establish and remake the Duck program

It's not like Erickson taking over the 1989 Hurricanes, here

Advertisement
Back