Cristobal and perception

Advertisement
100%.

If he’s interested and willing to change, offer him $6.5M/yr and make Oregon match. If they do, and he stays in Eugene, at least there was an attempt.

Force the discussion.
I believe we might have blew our shot last go around , the wife is probably the only card left that could make it happen.

Question for the board, so Oregon beats OSU on the road and everyone is crowning Cristobal. However, the week before they barely beat Fresno State at home 31-24. Thoughts on this? I know a lot of people would take Cristobal here in a heartbeat (including me), but you know this board would have been killing him for that week 1 score.
His Ducks just beat #2 Ohio State on the road while missing 5 starters on defense, including his best 2.

Also, Fresno State consistently has a strong football program. They are not nearly as talented as Oregon, but always have good coaching, which goes a long way. Also agree that they might have been looking ahead to the game with Taint. Happens to almost every team at one time or another.

Danny Miaz doesn’t get that pass because his teams come out flat more often than not, specially after a bye week, and definitely in big games.

Mario is not my first choice to be the next coach at the U, but he is eons better than Manolo.

Advertisement
My reality is he’s 27-10 at Oregon, won two conference titles , won a rose bowl ,took over and instantly made them physical as **** , has them playing with an edge ,and recruits like a dog. Like I said that’s reality , not perception.
He coaches an AAU team in a YMCA conference. Nike recruits for him and he made Justin Herbert look average AF. He's a perennial disappointer. This guy attached his horse to Al Golden AND Willie F' Taggart lol. The only thing he's great at is falling upward.

That being said he's still probably our ceiling as hire and i'd take him just so we can have an OL again.

Advertisement
Question for the board, so Oregon beats OSU on the road and everyone is crowning Cristobal. However, the week before they barely beat Fresno State at home 31-24. Thoughts on this? I know a lot of people would take Cristobal here in a heartbeat (including me), but you know this board would have been killing him for that week 1 score.
Oregon went vanilla in the Fresno game. Nevertheless they won.

Advertisement
My reality is he’s 27-10 at Oregon, won two conference titles , won a rose bowl ,took over and instantly made them physical as **** , has them playing with an edge ,and recruits like a dog. Like I said that’s reality , not perception.

^^^THIS.

Very mental-midget for anyone to talk about a close season opener against Fresno State a day after he just went into Columbus and his team out-played and out-toughed Ohio State.

Dude has made a notoriously flashy Pac-12 team into a gritty and tough bunch by year three. That is impressive as well.

Saban-taught and his Ducks are taking on his personality—while Miami has become all the part of amateur hour, clown-show Manny.

Anyone wouldn't take Mario over Manny is off their rocker. No comparison.

He coaches an AAU team in a YMCA conference. Nike recruits for him and he made Justin Herbert look average AF. He's a perennial disappointer. This guy attached his horse to Al Golden AND Willie F' Taggart lol. The only thing he's great at is falling upward.

That being said he's still probably our ceiling as hire and i'd take him just so we can have an OL again.
Go check the Pac 12 record against the Acc over the past 20-25 years. You guys kill me the way you're able to convince yourselves that the ACC loaded aside from Clemson lol!

Yes, but not quite as much after beating #3 OSU on the road in Week 2, and after having won two ACC titles.

Of course, there are those who would criticize anything less than a NC.

And can Fresno State beat UCLA? If so, do we say the FS Bulldogs are legitimate, or just that Chip Kelly still sucks?
Manny couldn’t beat OSU at OSU with the 2020 Tampa Bay Bucks at his disposal. He’d even ***** that up.

Advertisement

I always see ignorant comments about " Nike money" here , how about go and looking at their recruiting classes pre Mario and after he arrived and get back with me. The people hating on Mario are a lot of the same people defending manny lol. Weird,a guy that's actually building a good program with an identity and great recruiting offends y'all lol. I get it.

^^^THIS.

Very mental-midget for anyone to talk about a close season opener against Fresno State a day after he just went into Columbus and his team out-played and out-toughed Ohio State.

Dude has made a notoriously flashy Pac-12 team into a gritty and tough bunch by year three. That is impressive as well.

Saban-taught and his Ducks are taking on his personality—while Miami has become all the part of amateur hour, clown-show Manny.

Anyone wouldn't take Mario over Manny is off their rocker. No comparison.
Preach.

He learned from the best, he's also a former ol and former cane. He knows what physical football and the trenches should look like. I couldn't tell you the last time our trenches were physical.

Advertisement
Back