Cristobal and perception

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why you still worried about Mario's tenure at FIU? And there were no other candidates that turned down the Oregon job after Taggart left Oregon, the Oregon PLAYERS wanted Mario, just like the FIU players asked Mario to be retained after he was fired. And Justin Herbert was a high rated 2 star coming outta high school, and didn't play until his sophomore season when Taggart gave him the nod because the kid in front of him got hurt. And why do keep talking like Mario's been coaching for ages, when it's just his 7th year overall and his 2nd at a REAL program? And it doesn't matter what Butch did in the past, he's at FIU now, where he'll most likely remain till he calls it quits. NO ONE will EVER win ANYTHING at Fiu without a bigger budget and bags. Lol
By saying it was his second coaching job, you were the one who brought it up as if his first coaching experience (at FIU) was a significant consideration. Yes, the players wanted Mario (just as ours wanted Coker) . But Sumlin, Wilcox (Cal coach who had Oregon ties) and even McElwaine were considered before Mario was named. It doesn't matter what Hebert was coming out of high school or how he got his chance to start. The reality is that he was coming into his own and playing at a high level under Taggert when Mario got him.

The jury is still out on Mario, for all the Mario fans out there just hope their players didn't make the same mistake as ours.

These idiot fans would rather celebrate that cleats wearing Seminole nerd every Saturday than have a true Cane leading the program back to prominence. They belong in the ******* with the entire admin who gave this bum a HCing contract.
lol @ "true Cane". The guy who took a huge **** on his alma mater after we picked him out of the FIU trash heap.

Moreover, Randy Shannon was a true Cane. How did that work out for us?

Advertisement
lol @ "true Cane". The guy who took a huge **** on his alma mater after we picked him out of the FIU trash heap.

Moreover, Randy Shannon was a true Cane. How did that work out for us?
He took a **** on his alma mater by walking away as the TlGHT ENDS COACH with a 130k per year salary? Richt was true Cane that WALKED AWAY from MILLIONS....

By saying it was his second coaching job, you were the one who brought it up as if his first coaching experience (at FIU) was a significant consideration. Yes, the players wanted Mario (just as ours wanted Coker) . But Sumlin, Wilcox (Cal coach who had Oregon ties) and even McElwaine were considered before Mario was named. It doesn't matter what Hebert was coming out of high school or how he got his chance to start. The reality is that he was coming into his own and playing at a high level under Taggert when Mario got him.

The jury is still out on Mario, for all the Mario fans out there just hope their players didn't make the same mistake as ours.
Aren't you forgetting that Mario came to Eugene WITH Taggart as Oline coach and CO- Offensive Coordinator? And the coaches you're naming above Mario were merely names brought up by the media. Mario and Jim Leavitt were the only two TRULY considered for the job and the players ALL wanted Mario. Look bro, my admiration for Mario ain't got **** to do with wanting him at UM, I support the dude because he's a TRUE HURRICANE, which is why I dont understand the hatred for this man by people that claim to be true Hurricanes fans?

Question for the board, so Oregon beats OSU on the road and everyone is crowning Cristobal. However, the week before they barely beat Fresno State at home 31-24. Thoughts on this? I know a lot of people would take Cristobal here in a heartbeat (including me), but you know this board would have been killing him for that week 1 score.

Question for the board, so Oregon beats OSU on the road and everyone is crowning Cristobal. However, the week before they barely beat Fresno State at home 31-24. Thoughts on this? I know a lot of people would take Cristobal here in a heartbeat (including me), but you know this board would have been killing him for that week 1 score.

Mario has probably earned the right to say that maybe they get caught looking ahead, which can happen to the best of them. But Manny on the other hand has earned the right to have his whole legitimacy as a coach questioned. Great thing about this game, is he gets to change the narrative.

Advertisement
Correct. It is no longer “easy to win at Miami.” I do think Mario is a better coach than Manny. I don’t see much debate on that.

My reality is he’s 27-10 at Oregon, won two conference titles , won a rose bowl ,took over and instantly made them physical as **** , has them playing with an edge ,and recruits like a dog. Like I said that’s reality , not perception.

Advertisement
My reality is he’s 27-10 at Oregon, won two conference titles , won a rose bowl ,took over and instantly made them physical as **** , has them playing with an edge ,and recruits like a dog. Like I said that’s reality , not perception.
100%.

If he’s interested and willing to change, offer him $6.5M/yr, the proper assistants budget, and make Oregon match. If they do, and he stays in Eugene, at least there was an attempt.

Force the discussion.

Advertisement
Back