Off-Topic Crime 2.0

Advertisement
Here's the definition from the "Institute for Strategic Dialogue":

Accelerationism is at its core an encouragement of civil discord that employs an “ends justify the means” approach towards violence. Most white supremacist accelerationists view violence as a necessary means for catalyzing societal collapse and implementing new power structures that prioritize the “needs” of white people.
----------------------------------------------------------
The core belief of the movement is apparently that they believe there is no political solution. Seems to me you could have fringe left accelerationists as well (only used the White Supremacy example in their definition).
I just find it funny that there's such a thing as the "Institute for Strategic Dialogue" and they pay these people to make definitions!

Heard about that the other day... sad for sure. Dude was retired and just keepin busy and this stupid time we are living in where there are little-to-no consequences for stealing anymore... it was just a matter of time before someone got killed.

But will this change the DAs and prosecutors and liberal state congress people's minds about criminal laws... nope. I'm guessing they will double down on stupid and continue this pattern of rewarding criminals by not punishing them... and thus punishing the victims. This guy was robbed of his golden years

BTW, did they ever find/arrest the guy who did it?

Heard about that the other day... sad for sure. Dude was retired and just keepin busy and this stupid time we are living in where there are little-to-no consequences for stealing anymore... it was just a matter of time before someone got killed.

But will this change the DAs and prosecutors and liberal state congress people's minds about criminal laws... nope. I'm guessing they will double down on stupid and continue this pattern of rewarding criminals by not punishing them... and thus punishing the victims. This guy was robbed of his golden years

BTW, did they ever find/arrest the guy who did it?
Not that I'm aware of.

The bigger concern for me is how people can take someone's life and feel no remorse.

Advertisement
No, you’d actually be surprised sometimes people commit suicide on an impulse. It happens after a very emotional and traumatic event, and I’m not saying that there weren’t any underlying deep-seated emotional issues, but it’s been known to happen.
A little bit more to the story... but nothing of substance that would give more insight on the altercation and/or charges ...

Wow... this is much worse than any other unarmed police shooting that I have seen blasted over media with people calling for cops to be sentenced and riots in the streets. The cop was found NOT GUILTY for that?!? WTF!

Where was the media on this story? Seems it should have made national news, no?

In 2017, a jury acquitted Brailsford of second-degree murder and reckless manslaughter. This is because juries are instructed to judge officers not by how a normal civilian would respond, but by how a reasonable police officer is trained to respond to a threat, real or imagined. As Reason's Jacob Sullum wrote, the acquittal showed that cops on trial benefit from a double standard: "Unlike ordinary citizens, they can kill with impunity as long as they say they were afraid, whether or not their fear was justified."​

Advertisement
Wow... this is much worse than any other unarmed police shooting that I have seen blasted over media with people calling for cops to be sentenced and riots in the streets. The cop was found NOT GUILTY for that?!? WTF!

In 2017, a jury acquitted Brailsford of second-degree murder and reckless manslaughter. This is because juries are instructed to judge officers not by how a normal civilian would respond, but by how a reasonable police officer is trained to respond to a threat, real or imagined. As Reason's Jacob Sullum wrote, the acquittal showed that cops on trial benefit from a double standard: "Unlike ordinary citizens, they can kill with impunity as long as they say they were afraid, whether or not their fear was justified."​

What what is his rationale for shooting him since I have not seen any video, just that one still.

What what is his rationale for shooting him since I have not seen any video, just that one still.
I didn't read the whole article... but from what i saw of the video was the kid/guy was crawling towards the cop at his command and then the guy slightly arched up and moved his right hand back... and the cop just riddled his body with bullets. I'm guessing the cops rationale was that he thought he was reaching back for a weapon... but the dude seemed like he was just wearing gym shorts when he originally came out of the hotel room. The video is kinda grainy though (bodycam)

Crazy

I didn't read the whole article... but from what i saw of the video was the kid/guy was crawling towards the cop at his command and then the guy slightly arched up and moved his right hand back... and the cop just riddled his body with bullets. I'm guessing the cops rationale was that he thought he was reaching back for a weapon... but the dude seemed like he was just wearing gym shorts when he originally came out of the hotel room. The video is kinda grainy though (bodycam)

Crazy

I’d have to see it. I mean it is possible that he thought he was going for a gun. But not having seen the video, and I don’t plan to see it, i’m not a big fan of snuff videos, I’ll just take your word for it. It’s a terrible tragedy in any event. And at the very least I’m sure it’s a breach of proper training.

Advertisement

If the gas station is the one in the videos of people hijacking cars and/or stick-ups... I'm all for that.

It all depends on the situation I say... as in, if I were in a small town... I'd skip over that gas station unless I was on 'E'!

You must be joking. I have seen this story all over the news years ago!

Advertisement
Never saw it… but admittedly I didn’t watch much news in 2017. So maybe I would have seen it on CNN or something … since I mostly watched CNN at the time

Never saw it… but admittedly I didn’t watch much news in 2017. So maybe I would have seen it on CNN or something … since I mostly watched CNN at the time
Are you familiar with the traffic stop of an airforce man who held his wallet above his head and got shot?

Last edited:
Lol. Ask 1000 average Americans if they've heard of Daniel Shaver or George Floyd...

I only heard about Daniel Shaver in the exact context Ithacane is bringing it up here in - way after the fact on a forum.

There was a black police officer who shot a white guy jogging in his neighborhood shortly before the Trayvon Martin news bonanza... can't even remember his name or location because it never made it past local news.

Advertisement
Back