Off-Topic Crime 2.0

“More recently, Igor Lanis, a Michigan man shot and killed his wife and dog and injured his daughter last month before police killed him in a shootout. His other daughter blamed his obsession with QAnon for the violence. “I want the media to call out Q because this is all their fault,” she wrote on Reddit, describing how her father had gone down the QAnon “rabbit hole” after the 2020 election. “It’s like he got possessed by a demon.”
They are still trying to tie this guy to Ultra MAGA extremists! 😂

If whatever the *** Mother Jones is… actually did journalism they would see he believed in right and left wing conspiracies. This was a mentally ill and illegal immigrant from Canada.

Now, there still is the possibility that this whack job is Paulie P’s boy toy… but guess we’ll have to wait and see what comes out next! Very fascinating!

Advertisement
Advertisement

“I will kill every NYPD officer,” Apawu allegedly posted on Twitter, tagging Sewell’s official Twitter account. “Retweet’s PCs twitter [sic] where you at, you don’t believe me.”​
According to the sources, Apawu was taken to Nassau County Medical Center for a psychiatric evaluation but released when doctors determined he did not need to be admitted to the psych ward.​
He was released to NYPD cops in Manhattan, where he was charged with aggravated harassment for the threatening tweets. received a desk-appearance ticket and then freed without a court appearance.​
An aggravated harassment charge is not eligible for bail under the state’s criminal-justice reforms. But even before the reforms took hold, it is likely that Apawu would have received a DAT and been released anyway, sources said.​
They noted that he has no prior criminal history and that the charge would have typically resulted in a DAT previously, too.​

Hilarious!

Dad wants son locked up to teach him a lesson... but what do big cities do to criminals... let them back out on the street

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember when they said more guns will prevent crime. We now have more a lot more guns than people.
Now what?

Hilarious!

Dad wants son locked up to teach him a lesson... but what do big cities do to criminals... let them back out on the street

I worked in a small very conservative town at one point and this is just how it works. Courts will not keep a child locked up because a parent wants them to learn a lesson. I’ve had this conversation plenty of time with parents. To be honest, kids who are placed im facilities for long periods of time come out worse than before they went in a lot of the time. This is not some big city problem like you want it to be

Most parents aren’t aware of what services are available and it’s understandable why they think jail is the solution but thankful he acknowledges the child needs mental health services

Either way, hopefully this kid gets the appropriate interventions in place

I worked in a small very conservative town at one point and this is just how it works. Courts will not keep a child locked up because a parent wants them to learn a lesson. I’ve had this conversation plenty of time with parents. To be honest, kids who are placed im facilities for long periods of time come out worse than before they went in a lot of the time. This is not some big city problem like you want it to be

Most parents aren’t aware of what services are available and it’s understandable why they think jail is the solution but thankful he acknowledges the child needs mental health services

Either way, hopefully this kid gets the appropriate interventions in place
I agree with your last half of your post… but letting criminals out is a big city problem. Criminals with dozens and over a hundred arrests and just released the same or next day to do it all over again. They all need something… it’s either mental health facilities or jail. Not the streets

Advertisement
I remember when they said more guns will prevent crime. We now have more a lot more guns than people.
Now what?
I’m gonna pretend you meant this sincerely and answer the question.

332ish million population
78ish million gun owners
393ish million guns

24ish% of the population has legal gun ownership.

Advertisement
Back