Off-Topic Crime 2.0

Advertisement
Advertisement
1685520845293.png
1685520878854.png

Here’s what happens when liberal policies completely destroy a city

Has it got bad enough yet? Chicago… u are on the clock

Chicago has 13,000 police officers; Oakland has fewer than a thousand. Oakland actually needs more police officers. In fact chicago has more department openings right now than Oakland has total positions.

For comparison, Miami has a population roughly equal to Oakland but has 1100 officers, about 35% more than Oakland.

Advertisement

California spent a record $17 billion combating homelessness in the past four fiscal years, but it’s not working.​

State and local officials have bickered over responsibility. The Golden State—about 12% of the U.S. population—has about half of the nation’s unsheltered homeless, an estimated 115,000 people, according to federal and state data last year. It also has among the highest average rent and median home prices in the country.

Chicago has 13,000 police officers; Oakland has fewer than a thousand. Oakland actually needs more police officers. In fact chicago has more department openings right now than Oakland has total positions.

For comparison, Miami has a population roughly equal to Oakland but has 1100 officers, about 35% more than Oakland.

A big part of the problem is if you are a police officer, do you want to work in a woke city or in one that will welcome you? My buddy in Portland told me that the police simply cant hire, so a lot of the neighborhoods are hiring private security services.

A big part of the problem is if you are a police officer, do you want to work in a woke city or in one that will welcome you? My buddy in Portland told me that the police simply cant hire, so a lot of the neighborhoods are hiring private security services.
Definitely a number of issues hurting police numbers in general. It’s highly scrutinized now in ways that it has never been.

Advertisement
From Jan of this year. The budget is for 13,000, the actual is almost 20% less.

Miami has 2.7 officers per 1000 residents. Chicago has 4.9 officers per 1000 residents.

The openings really aren’t an issue. There are plenty of cops in chicago.

Advertisement
I wonder how long it will be before these are banned?

Advertisement
Back