Off-Topic Crime 2.0

Advertisement
Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Portland is featured in this article, and ironically, just yesterday a great friend who moved there about 10 years ago called me to tell me they are throwing in the towel and leaving, because they are afraid whenever they leave their house.

Portland is featured in this article, and ironically, just yesterday a great friend who moved there about 10 years ago called me to tell me they are throwing in the towel and leaving, because they are afraid whenever they leave their house.

The article mentions a proposed Oregon bill called the Right to Rest act that allows homeless to sue for up to $1000 if they're harassed or asked to leave. I don't understand how anyone can think that would be a good policy to adopt. How is that looking out for your constituents?

The article mentions a proposed Oregon bill called the Right to Rest act that allows homeless to sue for up to $1000 if they're harassed or asked to leave. I don't understand how anyone can think that would be a good policy to adopt. How is that looking out for your constituents?
These policies are ‘allegedly’ supposed to be compassionate… but they are the opposite… for everyone

Advertisement
I don't see how letting someone live in filth on the streets and slowly poison themselves is in any way compassionate.
The friend I mentioned is thinking of moving to Palm Springs. When I mentioned Looneyfornia taxes, he said that between Oregon state plus Portland city taxes, he was paying more than he would in Looneyville, which is shocking.

The friend I mentioned is thinking of moving to Palm Springs. When I mentioned Looneyfornia taxes, he said that between Oregon state plus Portland city taxes, he was paying more than he would in Looneyville, which is shocking.
Palm Springs is gorgeous. I don't know how crowded it is, but I can't imagine it's getting worse with the people fleeing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back