Off-Topic Crime 2.0

chicago has increased its police budget to no avail (under a mayor, lori lightfoot, who was VERY protective of the police). in fact, the $175m increase in police budget from 2021 to 2022 would represent nearly 40% of miami's TOTAL police budget.

so why isnt foxnews covering the story that chicago increased police spending and still saw a rise in crime?

Advertisement
chicago has increased its police budget to no avail (under a mayor, lori lightfoot, who was VERY protective of the police). in fact, the $175m increase in police budget from 2021 to 2022 would represent nearly 40% of miami's TOTAL police budget.

so why isnt foxnews covering the story that chicago increased police spending and still saw a rise in crime?

You mean like this?

Here are some of the things in the article that Chicago was going to use that budget for (which I admit some is good... other is crazy woke liberal boo shizzle) ...

Around $400 million would be invested into community safety – $45 million for violence intervention programs and community groups and $10 million for youth diversions programs and wellness programs for Chicago police officers.​
The budget also proposes $35 million in new and current programs that provide assistance to those experiencing gender-based violence, including mental health resources, legal assistance and other services.​

The biggest problem in Chicago however, is before they INCREASED the budget... they REMOVED funding and demoralized the police during the whole 2020 summer of love where the whole "defund the police" movement went nationwide

Here's a little quote from the article below...

The announcement comes after Lightfoot’s 2021 budget slashed law enforcement spending by $58 million and cut roughly 600 vacant positions amid last year’s “Defund the police” movement.​

The problem is that the libs keep coming up with these asinine policies... like defund the police. Then when they fail horribly like any sane and rational person would predict... they try to throw money at it and blame the other side for what they in fact, did to themselves.

Here's a quote from the article about Miami...

But it takes using our resources to target the very core criminal class. According to The New York Times, the same 327 individuals were responsible for a third of New York City’s reported shoplifting crimes. This underlines the need for more, not less technology, to enhance policing and to uphold accountability. In Miami, we’ve also invested in our online presence to address misinformation and forms of violence. Funding our police remains as critical in preventing the type of activity that drives violence or destruction of property. We can prevent a small yet active group of criminals from committing an array of crimes. A well-funded police force with advanced technology disrupts crime.​
It's not just throwing money at a problem. It's putting money to good uses that target problem areas in your area.

Chicago should be putting money towards figuring out how to combat their gang problem and actually target problem areas in their city. Now, maybe they are doing some of that and increasing that (and if so I applaud that). But when part of your increase in budget is to try to figure out "gender-based violence" and other nonsensical type stuff that isn't the crux of your crime problem, you look quite foolish

But going forward with this Brandon clown that just got elected, who was for defunding the police. I mean, the dude addressed the situation the other week where in the nice part of the city the kids took over and were destroying property and severely hurting people and the guy had the audacity to say it's "not constructive to demonize youth who have otherwise been starved of opportunities in their own communities." What an absolute clown! I see a bleak near-term future for Chicago. I'm guessing many residents and businesses with be folding up shop and heading out of town

You mean like this?

Here are some of the things in the article that Chicago was going to use that budget for (which I admit some is good... other is crazy woke liberal boo shizzle) ...

Around $400 million would be invested into community safety – $45 million for violence intervention programs and community groups and $10 million for youth diversions programs and wellness programs for Chicago police officers.​
The budget also proposes $35 million in new and current programs that provide assistance to those experiencing gender-based violence, including mental health resources, legal assistance and other services.​

The biggest problem in Chicago however, is before they INCREASED the budget... they REMOVED funding and demoralized the police during the whole 2020 summer of love where the whole "defund the police" movement went nationwide

Here's a little quote from the article below...

The announcement comes after Lightfoot’s 2021 budget slashed law enforcement spending by $58 million and cut roughly 600 vacant positions amid last year’s “Defund the police” movement.​

The problem is that the libs keep coming up with these asinine policies... like defund the police. Then when they fail horribly like any sane and rational person would predict... they try to throw money at it and blame the other side for what they in fact, did to themselves.

Here's a quote from the article about Miami...

But it takes using our resources to target the very core criminal class. According to The New York Times, the same 327 individuals were responsible for a third of New York City’s reported shoplifting crimes. This underlines the need for more, not less technology, to enhance policing and to uphold accountability. In Miami, we’ve also invested in our online presence to address misinformation and forms of violence. Funding our police remains as critical in preventing the type of activity that drives violence or destruction of property. We can prevent a small yet active group of criminals from committing an array of crimes. A well-funded police force with advanced technology disrupts crime.​
It's not just throwing money at a problem. It's putting money to good uses that target problem areas in your area.

Chicago should be putting money towards figuring out how to combat their gang problem and actually target problem areas in their city. Now, maybe they are doing some of that and increasing that (and if so I applaud that). But when part of your increase in budget is to try to figure out "gender-based violence" and other nonsensical type stuff that isn't the crux of your crime problem, you look quite foolish

But going forward with this Brandon clown that just got elected, who was for defunding the police. I mean, the dude addressed the situation the other week where in the nice part of the city the kids took over and were destroying property and severely hurting people and the guy had the audacity to say it's "not constructive to demonize youth who have otherwise been starved of opportunities in their own communities." What an absolute clown! I see a bleak near-term future for Chicago. I'm guessing many residents and businesses with be folding up shop and heading out of town
Gender based violence is for things like domestic abuse. That isn’t a liberal issue. And $35 mil out of a $1.7b budget is a drop in the bucket.

The problem with violence in chicago is not liberal policy, and it was not lightfoot. If those were the problems, then the city would not have just voted Brandon Johnson in to replace her.

The foxnews narrative that chicago is a liberal wasteland (and that lightfoot was an anti cop liberal) is a work of fiction. The issues run much deeper and have nothing to do with dem vs gop ideology.

Gender based violence is for things like domestic abuse. That isn’t a liberal issue. And $35 mil out of a $1.7b budget is a drop in the bucket.

The problem with violence in chicago is not liberal policy, and it was not lightfoot. If those were the problems, then the city would not have just voted Brandon Johnson in to replace her.

The foxnews narrative that chicago is a liberal wasteland (and that lightfoot was an anti cop liberal) is a work of fiction. The issues run much deeper and have nothing to do with dem vs gop ideology.
If liberal policies like ... no cash bail, reducing the threshold for theft/robbery and other crimes and having DAs that won't enforce the criminal laws on the book (reducing penalties and making jail a turnstile to get right back out)... isn't a major part of the problem, then please explain what the main problem is.

If Lightfoot wanted to make an impact to crime in Chicago, she could have. If Brandon wants to reduce crime in Chicago, he can too... but in 2020 he said it was a "political goal" to defund the police.

It isn't just fox news saying there is a crime problem in America... it's all over the internet. Big cities are much less safe than they were before 2020. The stats don't lie and they point a VERY large finger towards the problem.

Let me ask you a question... if you have 2 sets of parents. 1 set lets their kids do whatever they want and never punishes them, the other set makes sure their kids are respectful to others and respect the parents rules of the home... which set of kids are by far statistically going to go on and get educated and not act out?

That is the problem in most big cities led by Dem mayors who have been on the record of "defunding" or "reimagining" police (killing morale, causing massive retirements), creating soft-on-crime policies, allowing the homeless to live on the streets and shoot-up and do all sorts of drugs in public... and DA's that are not enforcing the laws that are on the books. It's a recipe for disaster, and it has been

Advertisement
If liberal policies like ... no cash bail, reducing the threshold for theft/robbery and other crimes and having DAs that won't enforce the criminal laws on the book (reducing penalties and making jail a turnstile to get right back out)... isn't a major part of the problem, then please explain what the main problem is.

If Lightfoot wanted to make an impact to crime in Chicago, she could have. If Brandon wants to reduce crime in Chicago, he can too... but in 2020 he said it was a "political goal" to defund the police.

It isn't just fox news saying there is a crime problem in America... it's all over the internet. Big cities are much less safe than they were before 2020. The stats don't lie and they point a VERY large finger towards the problem.

Let me ask you a question... if you have 2 sets of parents. 1 set lets their kids do whatever they want and never punishes them, the other set makes sure their kids are respectful to others and respect the parents rules of the home... which set of kids are by far statistically going to go on and get educated and not act out?

That is the problem in most big cities led by Dem mayors who have been on the record of "defunding" or "reimagining" police (killing morale, causing massive retirements), creating soft-on-crime policies, allowing the homeless to live on the streets and shoot-up and do all sorts of drugs in public... and DA's that are not enforcing the laws that are on the books. It's a recipe for disaster, and it has been

how did crime increase when the police budget increased? it isnt because they spent a billion dollars defending trans people.

you're my boy, but think more reasonably and less rah-rah politically.

how did crime increase when the police budget increased? it isnt because they spent a billion dollars defending trans people.

I think the difference is a point in time vs. a trend. Chicago mayors have underfunded the police for years, and Lightfoot specifically had a brutal relationship with police. As part of her reelection, she gave in and asked for more funding, but you cant reverse years of neglect/antipathy in one year.

Advertisement
I think the difference is a point in time vs. a trend. Chicago mayors have underfunded the police for years, and Lightfoot specifically had a brutal relationship with police. As part of her reelection, she gave in and asked for more funding, but you cant reverse years of neglect/antipathy in one year.
That only tells part of the story though. Lightfoot had a bad relationship with police because she punished them for bad policing. And that goes back two decades.

The police budget itself has not been overlooked either. Chicago is not a city that has “defunded” police. It had a single year where the budget decreased, and has increased in the two years since. It’s a top 35 city in per capita police spending and pretty middle of the pack in terms of police spending as a % of overall budget.

Advertisement

It all depends on how they allocated it… which I don’t know the details. But like I said… just throwing money without a plan isn’t going to fox crime either… especially after demeaning and dismantling your entire police force the year prior

You’re my dude too brother…but I think I am being rational based on what I know. I will be the first to congratulate any Dem mayor that is able to cleanup their crime problem. I thought Adams in NYC was gonna be that guy… but he’s been mostly just all talk. He also has an idiot and politically motivated DA in Bragg working against him

Advertisement

It's one thing to arrest, another to convict. Look to the DA's office to see their conviction rate.

Advertisement
Back