Cribby's Predictions (aka Steph's zone)

Cribby can’t tell us all he knows cause it would cause a total meltdown of CIS…..he’s gonna wait in hopes Mario can somehow win 9 games and somehow get a couple of the ones that were supposed to be headed this way to create the number one DL line in the country to flip….
Kids ain't flipping if we broke. Win or lose we need nil to match others.

Advertisement
a Idk the names are falling off the table…. Afuha doesn’t look promising… Franklin looks like it’s going to be auburn… breeland has never been talked about with confidence
"Whales" have fallen off quickly. The only one left that seems like there is a lot of confidence was Patterson the 5 star safety. Other than that Franklin, Cole, and Ahfua seem unlikely after we were told they felt strongly about landing most of them. Maybe Mccoy finally flips? Breland? I'm not seeing where they'd be coming from either. Super disappointing after being hyped for months. Guess we'll see how it turns out in the end.

"Whales" have fallen off quickly. The only one left that seems like there is a lot of confidence was Patterson the 5 star safety. Other than that Franklin, Cole, and Ahfua seem unlikely after we were told they felt strongly about landing most of them. Maybe Mccoy finally flips? Breland? I'm not seeing where they'd be coming from either. Super disappointing after being hyped for months. Guess we'll see how it turns out in the end.
Seems weird the staff is so confident before whiffing in this class repeatedly. Not like it’s a green head coach just hoping for the best

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is true. Winning 8-9 games **** even 10 wont sway a kid if it’s down to Miami, OSU, Bama, UGA and those three schools are coming off 12+ wins
never understood that theory either. you think 8 wins is enough to land an elite kid thats considering perennial contenders with elite recruiters and bags? no not close. theyre consistent in their success. miami is about consistent in being in the middle

This is way too vague to track as a prediction.

What is soon? What is nice?

And I'm not knocking cribby, he is entitled to share as much or little as he wants. I'm saying for purposes of this thread, that's not a trackable prediction.
Ay this is a fluff piece. Let my guy build up his hit percentage if we not backtracking to previous years 🤣

This is true. Winning 8-9 games **** even 10 wont sway a kid if it’s down to Miami, OSU, Bama, UGA and those three schools are coming off 12+ wins
Especially if all you do is tell kids “we’re going to be on top” & “we will win a championship”… kids will look at 9/10 wins like “okay, you’re supposed to do that at the minimum”… actually think from public perception, 9 wins isn’t impressive for elite programs. If OSU wins 10 games this year kids will think of failure.

The "win and they will come" line, especially if some are suggesting an 8 or 9-win season would be enough to completely turn the class around, is largely rooted in copium and wishful thinking.

If we were to win 10+, compete for the playoff, and look completely revitalized on offense while featuring multiple projected first-round picks on both sides of the ball, then that *might* be a different story given how drastic a turnaround that would be. But even then, it'd likely have a far bigger impact on our chances of landing a premier portal QB and potentially reversing course with the 2025 class than it would have on the 2024 class.

When we prioritized all of the elite DL prospects, Jeremiah Smith, Drelon Miller, Brandon Baker, Ellis Robinson, and Air Noland, it was no secret we'd be competing with the annual CFB championship contenders (UGA, OSU, Bama, USC) and the top-tier spenders (Texas, Texas A&M, Auburn etc.). Even if any program in the UGA/OSU/Bama tier doesn't make the playoff, it'd be considered a rebuilding year for them and they'd just spend more aggressively. If any of the top-tier spenders have a disappointing year, their money isn't going anywhere.

Us winning 8 or 9 games wouldn't move the needle with top national recruits because it's just not enough if the money we're offering doesn't change. We've been in a lot of Top 3's and Top 5's for elite players, but the programs we're competing against are going to keep thriving and their money isn't drying up anytime soon.

Advertisement
So what was being said about @Cribby prediction about going on a run? I swear I read something about that not being true….

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back