Cribby’s recruiting vibe check

Who the fluck is this kid? Never heard of him but FSU beta out Miami and Florida haha yeah ok. Hayes making this take sound more than it is.
We were recruiting him, i was thinking it was him or Plazz. Most of the OL teams are gettinf are developmental, specifically at Tackle. If u UGA, they go from 500 to top 250

Advertisement
Right now I think the obvious answer is the Criminoles. They ran for almost two-fitty and averaged almost 5 yards a carry against us last year. When you look at the rush defense last year we weren’t horrible(we were in the 50’s-60’s in most rush defense stats) but I’m hoping that improves some this year. In my opinion, the problems on D last year can basically be summed up with three stats:

Opps. Yards per play- 80th
Oops. 3rd down conv. %- 100th
Penalties per game- 87th

I know a lot of people harped on how bad our offense was last year, and boy was it bad, but the D wasn’t much better. The good news is most of those problems are related to lack of discipline or mental lapses and can hopefully be fixed.
I hope that Guidry will be able to scheme more people into the box to address that without giving up yards in the air.

Advertisement
@Confidence1000 you know what to do...
U betta say it bro
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button

Advertisement
One 5 star commit and many begin with the "gonna be a top 10 class bro" momentum bro. I am not a negative Nancy but I will reserve celebration until I see a few more indications that 5-7 isn't holding back the class.

Right now I think the obvious answer is the Criminoles. They ran for almost two-fitty and averaged almost 5 yards a carry against us last year. When you look at the rush defense last year we weren’t horrible(we were in the 50’s-60’s in most rush defense stats) but I’m hoping that improves some this year. In my opinion, the problems on D last year can basically be summed up with three stats:

Opps. Yards per play- 80th
Oops. 3rd down conv. %- 100th
Penalties per game- 87th

I know a lot of people harped on how bad our offense was last year, and boy was it bad, but the D wasn’t much better. The good news is most of those problems are related to lack of discipline or mental lapses and can hopefully be fixed.
You bring up some good points. The thing I will say is Guirdy's D is going to open some eyes. Get ready!

Advertisement
It’s not exactly just wins. It’s showing progress. It’s showing competency. It’s not getting blown out. It’s showing that Dawson can be trusted to develop these kids and put them into positions to show their talents.

So if we lose to A&M but it’s 41-40 and we lose on a 64 yard field goal at the gun, it won’t be a mass exodus if we have three hundred yard receivers, TVD throws for 450 yards, etc. Just show a pulse as a team and show you’re moving in the right direction and we’ll be fine.
We just can’t get **** stomped I agree

This recruiting cycle has been full of disappointments and letdowns yet we still sit at number 16 in the rankings. The analogy I think of is watching your favorite basketball team lay an absolute egg in the first half, a half full of turnovers , defensive lapses and atrocious shooting yet they only sit down four points to start the second quarter. I view that as “ we can’t play any worse yet here we are, down two possessions”. Well here we are , missing on almost every highly rated guy, being laughed at by rival fanbases and plenty of media. **** our own fans and media have been doing the same. I mean I’d be lying if i said I didn’t have doubts creeping in at one point. To the outsiders and insiders we were now brokies that’s destined to finish with a 25th ranked class. I never got to that level though lol.

Thinking of all this I texted a few friends “ It feels like we’ve taken some haymakers and got staggered, a little rattled , but we’re getting our legs back “. Meaning we’ve been hit a few times but have weathered the storm and I expect some bombs to start landing on the opponents going forward. Lightfoot stopped the bleeding and imo JoJo will start some momentum to carry us through July. Adding key players and a possible flip.

There’s a reason I’ve said for a couple months “ let’s talk after July” , that’s because if you’re struggling going into August the forecast is looking dreary for the class. I also know Mario tends to turn things up during this period. Just like last year.

I‘ve never bought into the top five class stuff but I still believe this can be a good class especially with a good finish to the season. A big season could open a few highly rated guys eyes and could give them something to think about late.

We‘ve already landed one power shot this week and I’d expect some more before the week ends. In the words of Rocky “ I didn’t hear no bell“.
Well, borrowing from your hoops analogy, let's hope we had 2-3 starters suspended the first half for disciplinary reasons & everyone is rested and available to finish the game.

Advertisement
I don’t know why but the dancing bear from a dude no one even really knows annoys me way more than Dennis Smiff.

Not sure how y’all hate on Dennis Smiff but enjoy a phucking annoying dancing bear from a “Twitter insider”
It's the immediacy. When Steve tweets the Bear, we get a commit. That day. Smith's tweets aren't all commitment related, and often difficult to decipher from the standpoint of his intent. Ultimate insider innuendo/cryptic. Sucks to be on alert for a nothing-burger. And we all know what the 'You know what time it is' tweet means. It's the other stuff. Often times left wondering whether a commitment tweet will follow. Or will it be days later? Or not at all because he's being soooo mysterious. To answer your question, that's why.

Now today I noticed Steve's bear doing a flip; maybe that's a clue. Don't remember if the clip always runs long enough to see the flip. Regardless, good news comin'.

Advertisement
Back