Cribby’s recruiting vibe check

Cribby

All-American
Premium
This recruiting cycle has been full of disappointments and letdowns yet we still sit at number 16 in the rankings. The analogy I think of is watching your favorite basketball team lay an absolute egg in the first half, a half full of turnovers , defensive lapses and atrocious shooting yet they only sit down four points to start the second quarter. I view that as “ we can’t play any worse yet here we are, down two possessions”. Well here we are , missing on almost every highly rated guy, being laughed at by rival fanbases and plenty of media. **** our own fans and media have been doing the same. I mean I’d be lying if i said I didn’t have doubts creeping in at one point. To the outsiders and insiders we were now brokies that’s destined to finish with a 25th ranked class. I never got to that level though lol.

Thinking of all this I texted a few friends “ It feels like we’ve taken some haymakers and got staggered, a little rattled , but we’re getting our legs back “. Meaning we’ve been hit a few times but have weathered the storm and I expect some bombs to start landing on the opponents going forward. Lightfoot stopped the bleeding and imo JoJo will start some momentum to carry us through July. Adding key players and a possible flip.

There’s a reason I’ve said for a couple months “ let’s talk after July” , that’s because if you’re struggling going into August the forecast is looking dreary for the class. I also know Mario tends to turn things up during this period. Just like last year.

I‘ve never bought into the top five class stuff but I still believe this can be a good class especially with a good finish to the season. A big season could open a few highly rated guys eyes and could give them something to think about late.

We‘ve already landed one power shot this week and I’d expect some more before the week ends. In the words of Rocky “ I didn’t hear no bell“.

Advertisement
Suspicious Family Matters GIF

Advertisement
This recruiting cycle has been full of disappointments and letdowns yet we still sit at number 16 in the rankings. The analogy I think of is watching your favorite basketball team lay an absolute egg in the first half, a half full of turnovers , defensive lapses and atrocious shooting yet they only sit down four points to start the second quarter. I view that as “ we can’t play any worse yet here we are, down two possessions”. Well here we are , missing on almost every highly rated guy, being laughed at by rival fanbases and plenty of media. **** our own fans and media have been doing the same. I mean I’d be lying if i said I didn’t have doubts creeping in at one point. To the outsiders and insiders we were now brokies that’s destined to finish with a 25th ranked class. I never got to that level though lol.

Thinking of all this I texted a few friends “ It feels like we’ve taken some haymakers and got staggered, a little rattled , but we’re getting our legs back “. Meaning we’ve been hit a few times but have weathered the storm and I expect some bombs to start landing on the opponents going forward. Lightfoot stopped the bleeding and imo JoJo will start some momentum to carry us through July. Adding key players and a possible flip.

There’s a reason I’ve said for a couple months “ let’s talk after July” , that’s because if you’re struggling going into August the forecast is looking dreary for the class. I also know Mario tends to turn things up during this period. Just like last year.

I‘ve never bought into the top five class stuff but I still believe this can be a good class especially with a good finish to the season. A big season could open a few highly rated guys eyes and could give them something to think about late.

We‘ve already landed one power shot this week and I’d expect some more before the week ends. In the words of Rocky “ I didn’t hear no bell“.
dead poets society GIF

🫡

Advertisement
Anybody who expected a Top 5 class deserves any disappointment they feel.

Very few programs stack a Top 5 class on top of a Top 7 class. They’re the tier 1 schools, and we’re simply not on that level in the present day.

But Top 10 is and has always been very much in the cards. Let the man do what he does best. Still PLENTY of fish in the sea, and even some in other folks coolers who might get snatched while they’re taking a **** off the other end of the boat.

GREAT night tonight. Expect another one very soon.

Don’t let the loafers get hot…..

Very few programs stack a Top 5 class on top of a Top 7 class. They’re the tier 1 schools, and we’re simply not on that level in the present day.

But Top 10 is and has always been very much in the cards. Let the man do what he does best. Still PLENTY of fish in the sea, and even some in other folks coolers who might get snatched while they’re taking a **** off the other end of the boat.

Soon as in tomorrow?

Advertisement

As Jim Valvano so courageously said “ don’t give up.Don’t ever give up “…..until ink hits paper nobody has anyone…until then the ones we’ve missed on we can hopefully get back and the the ones we’ve gotten we can hopefully keep….

Top 10 class with a strong portal season and Florida’s going to cancel their trip to Miami in 25’.

Its clearly gonna come down to how we do on the field, both getting commits and holding on to guys. Im excited actually. So if we can get some more big tymers to give us some mo till the live bullets ill be good. Just gonna have to let people fall into their preferred narrative. We will see who is correct in December

Advertisement
The vibes are worse than last year, but there was a stretch during July where we lost on some OL and Aguero to Georgia.

But then Mario did what he always does in recruiting. Doubting him and thinking he’s not gonna finish on at least some of his top targets was always foolish.

Advertisement
Back