Cribby’s Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp I was wrong they are related so I’m the dumb one. The brother I was thinking of is a WR at SMU.

Lindell played with my cousin at Woodberry a Private school 45 min from UVA.Kids at that school always go the more academic route (UVA, ND,Michigan,etc) Dont think he had an offer from SMU or they were even recruiting him.
You're not dumb lol and I wasnt insinuating anything like that with my question.

I dont really know anything about Lindell aside from he has the same dad as Preston, and put up good numbers as a QB in HS.

It seems a little weird to me the dad had the pull to get the WR on the team, but not a decently rated QB. Also, was SMU recruiting QBs so good they would pass up a legacy QB who threw like 37 tds SR yr?

And if Lindell chose UVA for academic reasons...then it supports the thought that maybe dad isnt 100% controlling of their recruitments.

Again, I'm not a Stone family expert, so these are all just questions and thoughts I'm having.

Advertisement
Oh hey, dude. You ok? You need to re-read the convo. No one is "stroking" PSU (that's creepy, dude, might want to check yourself).

That "he fell up" was in the context of what circumstantial evidence (as there is no concrete evidence) that is out there that he was fired. If he had landed at FAU or Kansas, or Central Michigan like Enos and Barry, it would be pretty clear that he was pushed as those are lesser jobs. But PSU was 11-3 and top 10, has a huge budget, a huge stadium they fill, and has been a very good program under Franklin, so you can't use his landing spot as any inclination he was fired. So yes, he "fell up." Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I don't give a fück about PSU. Actually, I've hated them since 1988. Doesn't mean I have to BS myself.

And again, you've offered nothing other than your guesswork as a Cane fan. Which is cool. We always want to look at things through orange and green colored glasses. I do it plenty. Especially in recruiting. If you have anything legit, I'd like to hear it.

When Manny was hired he fired the entire offensive staff in a blaze of glory. He didn't politely push any of them out, even the ones he was friends with. He made a statement. This year he fired Enos and Barry, publicly. Then Stubblefield left. Manny has fired about 7 guys, never giving a single one a chance to leave on their own accord.

Shlt-canned publicly:

Thomas Brown
Ron Duggans
Jon Richt
Todd Hartley
Stacy Searles
Dan Enos
Butch Barry

That's every coach that's left Miami under Diaz. Except Stubblefield.

Politely pushing out a guy has never been his method. Why now? Why would you? Why would you allow your program to be embarrassed by losing a coach to another school when you are fighting for your life? No, you take decisive action to show you are a leader and you are making improvements. LIKE HE HAS WITH EVERY OTHER SINGLE COACH HE HAS FIRED. You guys have Miami PTSD. Which frankly, is understandable after the last 15 years. Maybe he left for a better job, and it was a win/win for everyone. we will be ok. Better, actually.

Please just stop this madness.

You can't possibly compare "not retaining a guy that you didn't hire" to "firing a guy that you did hire".

Of the people that Manny hired, it was clear to everyone on the planet that Dan Enos was going to move on. The performance of the offense was so poor that there was no polite way to allow him to seek gainful employment before he was fired, especially since you had a recruiting class to salvage. So, yeah, Enos was going to be publicly drawn-and-quartered, though it would have been GREAT if Saban would have taken him back in yet another public reclamation project.

As for Stubblefield, sure, nobody has recordings of actual conversations. So if you don't want to believe that he was pushed out, that's your prerogative. But it was discussed before it happened, which means that people knew. Go back and pull threads. I understand some skepticism as to message board discussions, but it was a fairly well-known thing that Stubblefield was leaving and nobody was "trying to make him a counteroffer to stay".

Call it what you will. But please stop acting like Miami wanted him and Ped State poached him. Ped State thought they would get a combo platter of Stubblefield and Hightower. But Miami wanted Stubblefield gone too.

And while Ped State may currently have a "better record", that doesn't make it a better job. The position coach's job starts with recruiting, and it is a lot easier to scout, find, and develop WRs in SoFla than it is in central Pennsylvania. Miami has increased assistant coach salaries, the disparity between Ped State and Miami is not some huge thing. If Stubblefield was great and Miami wanted him, we easily could have paid him. We are a private school, we have money, there's no coaching salary cap, we will pay for results.

Please just stop this madness.

You can't possibly compare "not retaining a guy that you didn't hire" to "firing a guy that you did hire".

Of the people that Manny hired, it was clear to everyone on the planet that Dan Enos was going to move on. The performance of the offense was so poor that there was no polite way to allow him to seek gainful employment before he was fired, especially since you had a recruiting class to salvage. So, yeah, Enos was going to be publicly drawn-and-quartered, though it would have been GREAT if Saban would have taken him back in yet another public reclamation project.

As for Stubblefield, sure, nobody has recordings of actual conversations. So if you don't want to believe that he was pushed out, that's your prerogative. But it was discussed before it happened, which means that people knew. Go back and pull threads. I understand some skepticism as to message board discussions, but it was a fairly well-known thing that Stubblefield was leaving and nobody was "trying to make him a counteroffer to stay".

Call it what you will. But please stop acting like Miami wanted him and Ped State poached him. Ped State thought they would get a combo platter of Stubblefield and Hightower. But Miami wanted Stubblefield gone too.

And while Ped State may currently have a "better record", that doesn't make it a better job. The position coach's job starts with recruiting, and it is a lot easier to scout, find, and develop WRs in SoFla than it is in central Pennsylvania. Miami has increased assistant coach salaries, the disparity between Ped State and Miami is not some huge thing. If Stubblefield was great and Miami wanted him, we easily could have paid him. We are a private school, we have money, there's no coaching salary cap, we will pay for results.

I’m not replying to you as much as I’m commenting on this conversation, and I agree with your perspective.

At the end of the day, Stubbs is gone. Everyone feels like we upgraded. Let’s move on

Advertisement
Advertisement
I guess I'm the only one that's taking that as a warning sign to GET OFF that train lol.
You’re right. It leans more toward that conclusion than our getting him, BUT I’d hope that would come with traction for a different but just as talented QB. Not sure we have that going for us right now at all.

I like the Hollywood vibe of Garcia. Hope we can somehow pull it off

You’re right. It leans more toward that conclusion than our getting him, BUT I’d hope that would come with traction for a different but just as talented QB. Not sure we have that going for us right now at all.

I like the Hollywood vibe of Garcia. Hope we can somehow pull it off
Yeah he would be a nice addition.

Advertisement
There was one SPECIFIC situation where a person asked people NOT to post a certain tidbit of recruiting info, and then it got out within hours. And, yes, certain people and their pals were constantly insulting everyone. Which is kinda hard to do on an invite-only board. I tried to get people to consider opening up the board to greater membership, but certain people just liked dominating the small environment.
after you left it really got bad.The was no info cause like you said it was leaked almost before it was posted and then if something didn't happen just as said people called guys like Who,truballa and Shadow guys that had info names and they said ***** it and quit offering any.

It's really a shame cause at one time it was the best board around.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back