Cribby’s Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Question, why did Lindell Stone not go to SMU then? He signed with UVA I believe. Pretty productive three star QB out of HS.

Welp I was wrong they are related so I’m the dumb one. The brother I was thinking of is a WR at SMU.

Lindell played with my cousin at Woodberry a Private school 45 min from UVA.Kids at that school always go the more academic route (UVA, ND,Michigan,etc) Dont think he had an offer from SMU or they were even recruiting him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
It wouldn’t at the end of the cycle but right now it might be....unless you know something.

It's been real quiet from him and about him on the USC boards... As the kids say, he hasn't been getting much "love" lately from the fans who post, either. They are all about Moss. There is even some talk about recruiting "depth" in the QB room with a lesser guy or maybe a grad transfer in anticipation of one of them leaving...

I saw the pre-season Cali All American team posted yesterday. Moss and Tyler Buchner are 1st team QBs, Garcia is 2nd team. LA County public schools already stating they are starting the fall semester with on-line learning. What can that mean for football out there? Probably no season. Will Garcia go out of state? or just continue to workout, finish up his credits and graduate early?

Advertisement
Agreed. Think of how much money guys like manziel and bush couldve made in college in this era though

I agree with you, but I think they would not be able to make money until at least the second year on campus.

At the end of the day, these NIL situations are going to have to involve some sort of content. I think that both the IRS and NCAA could have issues if it was just a conduit for paying extra benefits to a person. I don't think you could get away with a Walter-White PayPal "my dad has cancer" fund-raiser.

I think of a guy like Chad Thomas - he could have made some decent money. Manziel and Bush too, due to their notoriety.

But I also see the whole thing being about fairness, as this will create an avenue for kids to get paid for things they've never been paid for, like jersey sales, NCAA Football video games, etc. I'd certainly like to be able to buy, say, an Al Blades Jr. jersey and see the kid get paid for it.

i think i left not long after you.Bob and his minions became too much with all the arguing back and forth..all the info dried up because of the name calling so what was a decent site turned to sht.

There was one SPECIFIC situation where a person asked people NOT to post a certain tidbit of recruiting info, and then it got out within hours. And, yes, certain people and their pals were constantly insulting everyone. Which is kinda hard to do on an invite-only board. I tried to get people to consider opening up the board to greater membership, but certain people just liked dominating the small environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back