Cribby’s Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
When Brian the beast London and that reporter Brandon Odoi took it over. Brandon didn’t know much at the time and freaked out about the dumbest ****. Water under the bridge. He had a lot on his plate if I remember. A new kid. He was just overwhelmed. Next oh the bad old days.
Im talking about real cane talk the pirate ship. Nick built the site. Think you are talking about a different site.

i tried to goggle it and the last thing i see is from 2012..it's an invited board so it may still be there but if it is i'm sure it's just Bob and his minions arguing about sht..that's why i left
I think bob threw in the towel as well. Theres still a few of the old timers on it.

Keeping it real for PSU? Lol.

If we aren't intellectually honest we will never get where we need to be. I am a UM graduate, and academic and athletic donor. Doesn't mean I need to tell myself fairytales about the state of the program. We basically hit rock bottom this year. Lots of exciting off-season moves, and recruiting it going well so there it light, but we have work to do. Franklin has PSU well ahead of us right now. They went 11-2 and finished top 10. It sucks, but it's true.

Cites to being "intellectually honest," but selectively ignores the context of his quote in an effort create a straw man about "the state of the program."

Nobody was saying UM > PedState until you claimed Ped State "poached" our WR corch and you got rightfully called out on it. Which was appropriate, as: (1) Stubbs was a pEnos hire; (2) pEnos was fired late last year; (3) Lashless was hired back in early January, and was clearly going to bring in some of his own guys; and (4) shortly after Stubbs announcement we were already talking to Likens. Rather than address the merits (of whether Stubbs was pushed out or poached), you come out with a BS conditional statement that "if he was pushed out, then he fell upwards," which serves no purpose in the discussion other than unnecessarily sucking off PedState. Now, you continue to stroke the child-loving rod of Ped State in this specious and evasive response.

Sad times.

Cites to being "intellectually honest," but selectively ignores the context of his quote in an effort create a straw man about "the state of the program."

Nobody was saying UM > PedState until you claimed Ped State "poached" our WR corch and you got rightfully called out on it. Which was appropriate, as: (1) Stubbs was a pEnos hire; (2) pEnos was fired late last year; (3) Lashless was hired back in early January, and was clearly going to bring in some of his own guys; and (4) shortly after Stubbs announcement we were already talking to Likens. Rather than address the merits (of whether Stubbs was pushed out or poached), you come out with a BS conditional statement that "if he was pushed out, then he fell upwards," which serves no purpose in the discussion other than unnecessarily sucking off PedState. Now, you continue to stroke the child-loving rod of Ped State in this specious and evasive response.

Sad times.

Stubbs was 100% going to be fired, Lashlee wanted somebody with experience in his offense.

Advertisement

Sad times.
ROTFLMFAO at "Poached" that Clown....

Sad times.
Plus.

I am not re-doing research on his recruiting classes that I did when he was hired. You can choose to believe me, and countless other members of this board, or not. He failed as a recruiter- badly- at Wake Forest, New Mexico, Air Force, and Utah. That's why his stints were always so short. Look it up.

No no no I am not defending him in any way whatsoever. He sucked. I am just not so sure we ran him off. I think he left for a better job, any evidence or anything close to it notwithstanding. I was thrilled when he left. And even more thrilled with his replacement. I was saying I am open to us having run him off, I just need to hear something legitimate besides message board clowns screaming it from the rooftops.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Sad times.

Oh hey, dude. You ok? You need to re-read the convo. No one is "stroking" PSU (that's creepy, dude, might want to check yourself).

That "he fell up" was in the context of what circumstantial evidence (as there is no concrete evidence) that is out there that he was fired. If he had landed at FAU or Kansas, or Central Michigan like Enos and Barry, it would be pretty clear that he was pushed as those are lesser jobs. But PSU was 11-3 and top 10, has a huge budget, a huge stadium they fill, and has been a very good program under Franklin, so you can't use his landing spot as any inclination he was fired. So yes, he "fell up." Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I don't give a fück about PSU. Actually, I've hated them since 1988. Doesn't mean I have to BS myself.

And again, you've offered nothing other than your guesswork as a Cane fan. Which is cool. We always want to look at things through orange and green colored glasses. I do it plenty. Especially in recruiting. If you have anything legit, I'd like to hear it.

When Manny was hired he fired the entire offensive staff in a blaze of glory. He didn't politely push any of them out, even the ones he was friends with. He made a statement. This year he fired Enos and Barry, publicly. Then Stubblefield left. Manny has fired about 7 guys, never giving a single one a chance to leave on their own accord.

Shlt-canned publicly:

Thomas Brown
Ron Duggans
Jon Richt
Todd Hartley
Stacy Searles
Dan Enos
Butch Barry

That's every coach that's left Miami under Diaz. Except Stubblefield.

Politely pushing out a guy has never been his method. Why now? Why would you? Why would you allow your program to be embarrassed by losing a coach to another school when you are fighting for your life? No, you take decisive action to show you are a leader and you are making improvements. LIKE HE HAS WITH EVERY OTHER SINGLE COACH HE HAS FIRED. You guys have Miami PTSD. Which frankly, is understandable after the last 15 years. Maybe he left for a better job, and it was a win/win for everyone. we will be ok. Better, actually.

No no no I am not defending him in any way whatsoever. He sucked. I am just not so sure we ran him off. I think he left for a better job, any evidence or anything close to it notwithstanding. I was thrilled when he left. And even more thrilled with his replacement. I was saying I am open to us having run him off, I just need to hear something legitimate besides message board clowns screaming it from the rooftops.

we def ran him off. he wasnt going to be around with Lashlee.

we def ran him off. he wasnt going to be around with Lashlee.

I don't disagree. Just saying he might have seen the writing on the wall. Or the PSU opportunity might have dovetailed with the offensive changes and everyone is happy. That's a **** of a soft landing for a guy like that. We certainly upgraded.

Advertisement

Sad times.
Its crazy and then dude comes off like he's right. Our new wr coach has more pedigree than that guy in his pinkie ....

Advertisement
Enos and Jon Richt got poached too I guess

Nope. Which is my point. When Manny doesn't want you, he's smart enough to get mileage out of booting you. He's not about letting the optics of another school poach your guy get in the way.

When is the early signing period again? And do you think it'll be adjusted/pushed back?
December and I think it could get pushed back, the problem is if the virus doesn't subside like that people still won't be able to travel and visit these campuses like they would really need. Guys will want to secure there spots. Covid is bad, but hopefully we can stop this thing in it's tracks.

I guees the board clown was right after the mopping you just received. Keep moonwalking....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back