Coverage and scheme

Advertisement
Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN
Amateur hour at its finest! He’s such a ******* dork it’s pathetic. It’s astonishing to me that this spoiled brat is coaching and fully in charge of a five time national championship football program. Smh only in Miami right?! 🤢🤮 that’s all the proof you need to know the people in charge do not give a Fvck as long as that ACC welfare check keeps cashing.

Thinking about UNC last year. They absolutely torched us knowing we'd rush hard up front but play soft coverage. 554 yards rushing, 778 total.
Yep and since nothing has changed this year since we all know it was nothing but mannys scheme fall guy baker was running, ole Longo will drop the hammer on manure again. The camera will pan to manure during the game as his defense is getting shredded and he’ll have that classic onion head dear In The headlights look we are all so used too. Intersting that both those bums were DCs with no HC experience from failed staffs and they both have the exact same look in the sidelines during games. 😂🤣

I never see our dline stunt to create gaps for the blitzed either. Georjaww schemed that really well against Clem’s son.
UGA defensive scheme is a thing of beauty. Them boys will show a base defense then boom 5-6 man blitz from the backers to secondary. Or just go base defense and get back to the qb with 3-4 lineman.

Advertisement
Amen brother, been screaming it at the top of my lungs for three years now! I played linebacker in college and my position coach and DC would laugh there a$$es off at manures blitz combos that have no disguise and the opposing team can see a mile away. Amateur hour at its best they’d say! Lmao and don’t even get them started on our linebackers and whole defense for that matter playing with no gap/edge control and the Backers out there running around like chickens with there heads cut off following no keys whatsoever. This is a badly coached team by a bad coach who doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing because he’s never done any of these things himself on the field since he was never on the field! They should rename Madden 22 to Manny 22 because that’s the gist of manures knowledge of football.
he really does coach like its madden. other problem is how do you ask kids to do things you never did?
Analytics says it all.
Notice all the guys who never played college ball are one sided gimmick guys? Leach, Cuncliffe, etc

he really does coach like its madden. other problem is how do you ask kids to do things you never did?
Analytics says it all.
Notice all the guys who never played college ball are one sided gimmick guys? Leach, Cuncliffe, etc
There is a reason why he has a reputation with other coaches to be gimmicky.

I have to ask because I'm sure there are more knowledgeable posters than myself: What is our infatuation with Blitzing with Corners playing off coverage? This seems to be diametrically opposed lines of thinking. To me if we are going to blitz we should have our CB's playing tight bump and run coverage. Were we just too scared of Bama's speed at wideout? Is this just who Manny is? (likely the answer)
Might as well send the corner if they can’t cover the WR anyways

Advertisement
The one thing I don’t get is what we are trying to take away and how does our front seven compliment our back end? For instance, we play inside fronts and stunt or slant hard, causing cut back lanes all the time. We have no compliment to this with corners in outside leverage and linebackers coming down hill.

or - we play go delayed 6 man pressure on 3rd and medium, but our zone are 8 yards off before they pick up a player. We are taking away the deep ball that the QB theoretically won’t have time to hit instead of covering a crosser or flat route and making him hit a 30 yard pattern under pressure.

I don’t know what we are trying to accomplish. We don’t want get beat deep so we play palms/quarters but we also want to be really aggressive up don’t and force people to hit wide open targets underneath? That’s why our best defensive play is “WR drop”
I've been trying to figure this out as well. Bama was going to win that game even with our best effort but we just never challenged them outside.

If Manny wants this trash *** scheme to work... he needs to talk to Steve Spagnolo and Josh McDermott, 2 Jim Johnson disciples who specialize in zone blitzing and work it to perfection. Jim Johnson was the king of the fire blitz and the CB blitz. Difference was, their DBs didn't play 10 yds off the receiver and they had gap integrity and knew how to disguise a blitz.

My other option is to throw the whole scheme away and simplify it and talk to @Coach Macho

Thinking about UNC last year. They absolutely torched us knowing we'd rush hard up front but play soft coverage. 554 yards rushing, 778 total.

And don't forget OSU torched us in the bowl game, and the O torched us in the Spring Game...even true freshman Garcia could see Diaz's blitzes coming from a mile away. Like who TF sends the house in a Spring Game...SMH.

If Manny wants this trash *** scheme to work... he needs to talk to Steve Spagnolo and Josh McDermott, 2 Jim Johnson disciples who specialize in zone blitzing and work it to perfection. Jim Johnson was the king of the fire blitz and the CB blitz. Difference was, their DBs didn't play 10 yds off the receiver and they had gap integrity and knew how to disguise a blitz.

My other option is to throw the whole scheme away and simplify it and talk to @Coach Macho

Yeah, a lot of good Golden's defensive staff visiting Seattle to study their scheme did us.

Advertisement
Amen brother, been screaming it at the top of my lungs for three years now! I played linebacker in college and my position coach and DC would laugh there a$$es off at manures blitz combos that have no disguise and the opposing team can see a mile away. Amateur hour at its best they’d say! Lmao and don’t even get them started on our linebackers and whole defense for that matter playing with no gap/edge control and the Backers out there running around like chickens with there heads cut off following no keys whatsoever. This is a badly coached team by a bad coach who doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing because he’s never done any of these things himself on the field since he was never on the field! They should rename Madden 22 to Manny 22 because that’s the gist of manures knowledge of football.
I thought you played offensive line? Where did you play and when again?

Analytics says it all.

Buh buh buhhhhh, Manny played Pop Warner when He was 8, Broooooo.

I have to ask because I'm sure there are more knowledgeable posters than myself: What is our infatuation with Blitzing with Corners playing off coverage? This seems to be diametrically opposed lines of thinking. To me if we are going to blitz we should have our CB's playing tight bump and run coverage. Were we just too scared of Bama's speed at wideout? Is this just who Manny is? (likely the answer)
I’m guessing that we’re SUPPOSED to be in a zone blitz when the corners are playing off. The problem with that, is that if you don’t get home, the opposing QB is gonna have a field day either underneath, or the vacated area. We never got home, so we was essentially playing pass defense with 5 guys, tryna cover the entire field. This added to the way we were “disguising” our blitzes, led to muhfuccas sprinting wide open, unmolested through our secondary. Blown assignments, missed tackles, and just being out schemed by alignment led to that *** kickin’ we all saw on Saturday. This scheme is broken, or the players are not totally understanding their assignments. Seemingly, the only way we stop teams is when we’re just that much better than they are. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
So. Manny never played.

But he IDENTIFIES as a Head Coach. Sure is a lot of that **** going around . . .

For Ivermectin - I identify as a horse. I even eat my oatmeal -

His defense is so ridiculously ill conceived that it’s embarrassing to even discuss . He loves to be aggressive in the front 7 and super passive on the back end . The result is huge patches of open space where defenders are consistently put in conflict . Other than that , I’m a huge fan

Manny's defense should be called 'the half-pregnant'....

The guy whose brain Manny should have picked ad nauseum during the offseason was Bud Foster. It's obvious Manny wants to run zone blitz principles where his secondary players are playing facing the opposing QB so they can, in theory, break on on early throws from the blitzing pressure. Foster ran a beautiful 3 deep scheme and mixed in pressure well.....which is probably what Manny WANTS to do, but lacks the acumen and experience to replicate. Manny talks a great game about fixing his mistakes, but he seems more like a stick-your-finger-in-the-holes-in-the **** guy, as opposed to someone who really attacks the underlying disease. The same principles apply to him constantly trying to raid the transfer portal to MORE than supplement his failures in recruiting and development.

The transfer portal, when properly used, should be little more than a supplement for selective adds. It honestly feels like we depend on these transfers to come in and be stars. His prized catch, King, has proven to me little more than an above average QB. I'd argue the time would be much better spent at this point giving TVD and/or Garcia some run and valuable game experience....but what the **** do I know.

And by the way for those keeping track at home, given the fact Manny the coordinator preceded Manny the head coach.....he's been here SIX FULL YEARS now. that means EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING on that defensive depth chart was recruited and developed under his watch. The fact we have crappy D ends, crappy linebackers, and at best slightly above average corners screams to the fact Manny is a complete failure at every aspect of football. He is to blame for his own current afflictions.

opposing coaches must have wet dreams game planning for Manny’s schemes

I’m done with him. I love the Canes, I’d love nothing more than to see them win out. But history has proven that it’s not a smart bet under Manny coached teams.

I bet TRob just rolls his eyes in defensive meetings

Ask Mack Brown.... he's borderline orgasmic when he plays Manny

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back