Courtel Jenkins update

duke4heisman

Let's go Brandon!
Poster on tos says he works with his coach and he said CJ has dropped from 320lbs to 295lbs and his first step and explosiveness has improved as a result. Said his determination and training is at another level right now

Advertisement
I actually really like this kid. Sure, there is probably a little bias based on hope, but his tape was better than I expected when I first saw it. He can move for his size, and seems to be strong at the point of attack.

[video=youtube;VHRNPyTEpbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHRNPyTEpbk[/video]

In the past he would have made my Weight Watchers list but anymore? **** naw. Golden, Swasey and Co. have got this **** down.

Good. That loss weight will give him more of a burst. Kid could make an impact 3 years down the road

Advertisement
Jenkins may be unheralded, but if he stays disciplined with his S&C, he could have a breakout career for us as an NG in a 3-4 set. We need a plug. Good initial find by Paranos.

he is playing at a better school this year. also, the kid is from paterson so you know he has to be pretty tough.

I put a huge premium on heart and motor at that position. Find a big dude with good feet and some athleticism and a giant motor, and you have a lot better chance than you do with a big guy with a ton of natural ability and no heart (***** Bust Bryant). Courtel's going to be a boss for us in the future.

I put a huge premium on heart and motor at that position. Find a big dude with good feet and some athleticism and a giant motor, and you have a lot better chance than you do with a big guy with a ton of natural ability and no heart (***** Bust Bryant). Courtel's going to be a boss for us in the future.

So true. The trenches is as much (or more) about attitude as anything else. Forston could have been SO **** GOOD, but he just didn't have that heart or motor.

Advertisement

So true. The trenches is as much (or more) about attitude as anything else. Forston could have been SO **** GOOD, but he just didn't have that heart or motor.

Exactly.

I read on another board that Forston was as good as Nick Fairley and would be drafted as high as Nick Fairley was drafted. Oops!

Moten(or someone similiar), Valentine, Stuckey and at least 1 more quality Juco, throw a RS on this kid and our DT issues all of sudden look like a thing of the past.

249.gif

Advertisement
Moten(or someone similiar), Valentine, Stuckey and at least 1 more quality Juco, throw a RS on this kid and our DT issues all of sudden look like a thing of the past.

249.gif

This. I also want a Samoan or Hawaiian DT somehow but I know it's tough to get them to come down here. Those guys always stay out west.

Advertisement
Is it for sure that Courtel Jenkins is going to play D line? Ive seen him listed as an O lineman on other sites.

Advertisement
Back