Couple things on Adidas deal

View as article
To me, Nike had become complacent with other school's "new" uniforms as well, some had the same design scheme as ours, but just different colors

Advertisement
Supposedly worth 95 million?

Yea, I hate Flake, but I don't see how you can blame them for this. Actually spending the money properly is another issue

That's speculation based on what Louisville got per year. I would think "The U" would have more appeal than Louisville.

El Oh El at Miami being upset with Nike and their "complacency." So Miami was jealous of these other schools getting more "stuff." There is a really simple fix for that and it's called winning more ******* football games. This loser **** is everywhere at Miami. Golden has infected the entire place.

Nike has been asleep at the wheel the past 10-15 years for us (last year excluded). They gave us some ****** unis. This is good for us.

Yea, I hate Flake, but I don't see how you can blame them for this. Actually spending the money properly is another issue

It'll either buy some new MRI machines for UHealth's shltty operation or fund a couple new vacation homes.

Advertisement
Pete, please explain the confusion with the 80's style and being Adidas "Oregon" team.

here's how i look at it too: adidas' deal with michigan is 8m/year and they have over 700 athletes, which i believe is more than double what we have. even if we get 6m from them every year, our athletes benefit far more than michigan's. that is an enormous amount of faith that adidas is putting into our brand.

here's how i look at it too: adidas' deal with michigan is 8m/year and they have over 700 athletes, which i believe is more than double what we have. even if we get 6m from them every year, our athletes benefit far more than michigan's. that is an enormous amount of faith that adidas is putting into our brand.

You'd be leaving out a big part of it. Perhaps that is how they allocate how much apparel/merchandise they give the school. Michigan has more athletes, Michigan might get more apparel.

But, how much revenue do they (adidas) generate from Michigan versus Miami?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here are a few interesting tidbits on the new deal...

**I'm told that Adidas has plans to make Miami the "Oregon" of their company. They will try a lot of new things with us, have a bunch of uniform combos stacked up for big games, and really try to push Miami into the forefront of their marketing campaign.

**People inside the equipment room hinted at the fact that Nike had become complacent with Miami. They weren't sending as much stuff as they had in the past and as a result, players would have to wear game-used materials. Schools like Florida State, Alabama, Clemson, etc. would get new shipments almost weekly. This did not sit well with Miami. (of course, money also plays a factor in this)

**As far as the designs go, I've heard Adidas will try to model the base uniforms after the 1980's. Mostly one color (orange, white, green) with the stripe around the sleeves.

**I have also heard of a black cleat concept with the eye of a hurricane popping out on the side of the shoe, which would look very cool.

Ultimately I still disagree with the switch, but it's one of those things that we would care less about if the state of the program was different. I also don't think it will "hurt" recruiting like some have suspected it will. Kids like new things, and Adidas will certainly be pushing to make Miami look different.

if it is worth between 90-95 million, where do i sign up.

Advertisement
Glitter in the cleats? Oh goodness.

Adidas better bring it.

And lol at 80's design and being their Oregon. This going to be good.
I don't think they meant like Oregon in terms of just design but in terms of how Nike pusges Oregon to the forefront. Adidas will do that with us. People can suck up to Nike but if they were treating us like that this move is absolutely the right thing.

We always have been trend setters, we shouldn't make Golden tenure make us feel a y different. Adidas seem to recognize that. Hopefully the wins follow

Here are a few interesting tidbits on the new deal...

**I'm told that Adidas has plans to make Miami the "Oregon" of their company. They will try a lot of new things with us, have a bunch of uniform combos stacked up for big games, and really try to push Miami into the forefront of their marketing campaign.

**People inside the equipment room hinted at the fact that Nike had become complacent with Miami. They weren't sending as much stuff as they had in the past and as a result, players would have to wear game-used materials. Schools like Florida State, Alabama, Clemson, etc. would get new shipments almost weekly. This did not sit well with Miami. (of course, money also plays a factor in this)

**As far as the designs go, I've heard Adidas will try to model the base uniforms after the 1980's. Mostly one color (orange, white, green) with the stripe around the sleeves.

**I have also heard of a black cleat concept with the eye of a hurricane popping out on the side of the shoe, which would look very cool.

Ultimately I still disagree with the switch, but it's one of those things that we would care less about if the state of the program was different. I also don't think it will "hurt" recruiting like some have suspected it will. Kids like new things, and Adidas will certainly be pushing to make Miami look different.

if it is worth between 90-95 million, where do i sign up.

What people aren't factoring in though is that it's not 90-95 million extra, its (90-95 million - Nike money). Whatever that difference is, is what we are netting.

Advertisement

You be leaving out a big part of it. Perhaps that is how they allocate how much apparel/merchandise they give the school. Michigan has more athletes, Michigan might get more apparel.

4.4m/year of their 8m/year deal is in apparel and equipment, so if we're in the 8m/year range, i don't see how we could even come close to that figure. logic says that we get a larger proportion of cash from them (although i'm speaking out of my *** because i have nothing to go on but speculation). i know a lot of people are thinking that the cash we get will go to things outside of athletics, but adidas isn't stupid. they have to protect their brand. i highly doubt that they would give us that much money without having it earmarked specifically for athletics.

You be leaving out a big part of it. Perhaps that is how they allocate how much apparel/merchandise they give the school. Michigan has more athletes, Michigan might get more apparel.

4.4m/year of their 8m/year deal is in apparel and equipment, so if we're in the 8m/year range, i don't see how we could even come close to that figure. logic says that we get a larger proportion of cash from them (although i'm speaking out of my *** because i have nothing to go on but speculation). i know a lot of people are thinking that the cash we get will go to things outside of athletics, but adidas isn't stupid. they have to protect their brand. i highly doubt that they would give us that much money without having it earmarked specifically for athletics.

I hope Adidas isn't stupid because our school would love to siphon off that money.

Advertisement
Back