Couple of ideas regarding next year's rooster

RoosterSF1.jpg
I'm pulling for this guy next year

Advertisement
I would neg Chocolate's abilities. I wouldn't base "nothing" on Golden's assessment and Coley's offence about this kid. They are two of the worse at putting kids in positions to succeed. I'll wait till all these kids get real coaches.

OT but next year's OL has a chance if these 5 guys stay as one. Whatever comes out of the opposing team's tunnel, they have a better shot at beating it if they stay together.

LT Darling
LG McDermott
C Linder
RG Isidora
RT Odogwo

Keep Njoku at TE. No need to move him. Flex him and use him as an H-Back as well.

I would be shocked if Byrd plays WR. Best fit for him is DB. He's talented enough to play WR but not needed there.

Gray should be moved to an H-Back position or just WR in general.

Doubt Odonnell gonna be around still. Sitting behind 4 guys right now and all are younger than him.

My gut tells me because I've never been that high on Gus.... That Gus will be shifting down the depth chart or needs a move to FB. Feel confident that Homer becomes 3rd in rotation next year at RB.

Irvin II is a HB/TE all the way. Not a WR.

Advertisement
Stacy I hope comes back because missing practically the first 4 games this year hurt his chances of jumping early and a new coach(if he's smart will get the ball into our most dynamic playmaker hands even more). Stacy will be one of those guys who benefits a lot from a new coach cause Golden was straight up ******** him.

I expect Berrios, Brady, Cager and maybe Gray competing to get into top 3 rotation. Berrios really needs to focus on getting healthy, had a spot in top 3 rotation coming into the season and injuries have become a nag. Brady needs to focus on correcting his hands. Cager just needs to get his feet wet more. Gray all depends on how fast he picks up WR.

I can see Bruce or Mullins potentially challenging to get in top 4 rotation at WR during next season. Depends if the guys I mentioned above can separate theirselves from the pack or not. (If a new coach can get Ahmmon back in the mix which is still very possible he can compete for a spot in top 4 rotation as well)

Both Bruce and Mullins are physically ready from the get go. Lot of questions surround Berrios health, Cager readiness, Gray acclimating to WR and Brady's hands..... If they can't step up.

Bruce and Mullins have a very fair shake to make their way into top rotation if certain guys don't step up. Mullins has been raising his grades but the eligibility ? is still there.

Last edited:
Depends on what kind of coach we get and what system they bring in. I think Gray would be an idea H back type, but I would also like to see him as a WR. I think the kid has great skills that are being wasted. He's very shifty and quick and strong.

Njoku could easily be a WR. But I don't mind him as a TE either. He could be more of the pass catching TE rather than a blocker, he's also a good downfield blocker so he could work well in formations where we are using the slot receiver more.

I disagree on Edwards falling far down the chart. If he comes back healthy, I think he's going to surprise people. We need a strong runner than can move the pile and he's the only one on the roster right now that MIGHT fit that bill. He didn't show a ton of that ability early on, but as he's growing and getting older, I expect he's going to become a more productive between the tackles runner for us and that they would use him as a 1/2 punch with either Walton or Yearby. I think we would see him as the #2 back with all 3 getting a decent amount of reps. It all depends on the new staff and what kind of system they want to run. If Butch comes back in and brings back an offense that runs a FB at lot, I could see Gus going there and getting decent reps at FB.

Allison should be redshirted no matter what, unless we have a complete catastrophe at QB with injuries next season.

Would be smart to redshirt one of Homer or Moss. Preferably Moss. Homer gives a dynamic we do not have "homerun hitter"

Would be very ideal to get shirts on both of Bruce and Mullins in a perfect world but if guys don't step up to the plate both could be getting heavy snaps as freshman.

I expect Hinson and Irvin to get redshirts. Love Hinsons upside and athleticism, could be another future freak at TE.

Ideal O-Line moving forward would be

LT: St Louis
LG: McDermott
C: Linder
RG: Isidora or Darling
RT: Darling or Odogwu

IMO, but it depends on how ready St Louis is. If he's ready next season. One of Isidora or Odogwu needs to slide back to second team for Darling to get on the right side.

Advertisement
Back on discussion of WR's. I loved the things I saw from Brady in some games where he was actually involved this year early on but my major concern is his hands. If he can get that corrected, would feel comfortable having him on the opposite side of Coley next year.

Cager has shown flashes, but it will fall on if he takes the next step or not next season.

Berrios needs to get healthy point blank. Injury during fall camp and then another first game and miss the first 4 games and limited in the next few is not a good look at all.

I know people are gonna ask.... What about Malc? Malc not the same player that I saw coming out of Miramar HS to Miami. That injury did him in unfortunately IMO. Lost wiggle, agility and speed he used to have after that injury.

Langham a major question mark. It is a bit concerning though to see Cager jump him on the depth chart. Langham been here longer than Cager. That's definitely a concern. He hasn't got much PT and it's still early but he must make some type of strides soon because the potential WR classes Miami can have in '16, '17 and '18 will bring a lot of competition.

Gray can be a wildcard. A move to WR might get him on the field more or he might be stuck learning the position but we must figure out where to put him, it's going to be year 3.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've been saying Gray was a WR since He was at CC. Another example of this staff's "square peg-round hole" approach...RB is an innate position, you don't acquire RB skills by osmosis.

You can shove that depth chart up your *** if we hire somebody like Mike Shula or Shiano. Best wait and see who the new HC is before we start putting 2016 kids on the chart.

Advertisement
I see Gray being an Anquan Boldin type receiver...

Allison, Homer and Moss redshirting...

Bruce and Mullins both breaking the rotation...

Edwards being a big part of the run game...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back