Couple of ideas regarding next year's rooster

rok

Great Poster
Particularly on offense.

Here goes:

It's become apparent that T. Gray doesn't have much going for him at RB. Next year he would be behind Yearby, Walton, Edwards and perhaps even Tucker. I expect Trav Homer to keep his commitment, giving us 5 RBs without Gray.

My idea involves both Gray and Njoku.

These are both big, strong kids with good athleticism that are being misused in my opinion.

With the departure of Scott and Waters I think the prudent thing to do is to move Gray and Njoku to WR.

Here's what the depth chart would look like on offense:

QB

Kaaya
Rosier
Shirreffs
Testaverde
Allison

RB

Yearby
Walton
Edwards
Tucker
Homer
Moss

WR

Coley
Njoku
Berrios
Brady
Cager
Gray
Langham
Mullins
Bruce
Byrd
Irvin

TE

Dobard
Herndon
Washington
O'Donnell
Hinson

Last edited:
Advertisement
Particularly on offense.

Here goes:

It's become apparent that T. Gray doesn't have much going for him at RB. Next year he would be behind Yearby, Walton, Edwards and perhaps even Tucker. I expect Trav Homer to keep his commitment, giving us 5 RBs without Gray.

These are both big, strong kids with good athleticism that are being misused in my opinion.

With the departure of Scott and Waters I think the prudent thing to do is to move Gray and Njoku to WR.

QB

Kaaya
Rosier
Shirreffs
Testaverde
Allison

RB

Yearby
Walton
Edwards
Tucker
Homer
Moss

WR

Coley
Njoku
Berrios
Brady
Cager
Gray
Langham
Mullins
Bruce
Byrd
Irvin

TE

Dobard
Herndon
Washington
O'Donnell
Hinson

You could have saved yourself a bunch of time and just said to move him to TE. If we get Butch and Dorsey, I could see him being a FB like Davenport.

th.jpg

Advertisement
I don't think a creative OC needs to re-categorize either Gray or Njoku. I think they can both be used as flex receivers/H-Back types if that's the way the next coach wants to do it.

Agreed. Gray to WR is a no brainer. To me Njoku is the type of talent that should be moved all around the formation in order to get the best mismatch. That WR list looks very impressive to me. Also I love Dobard and Herndon at TE. People were down on Dobard for some reason but that kid can play.

Particularly on offense.

Here goes:

QB

Kaaya
Rosier
Shirreffs
Testaverde
Allison

RB

Yearby
Walton
Edwards
Tucker
Homer
Moss

WR

Coley
Njoku
Berrios
Brady
Cager
Gray
Langham
Mullins
Bruce
Byrd
Irvin

TE

Dobard
Herndon
Washington
O'Donnell
Hinson

I would like to see him m0ved to LB,, Next i think Allison will end up number two.. My guess Gus ends up the 4th running back on the depth chart. Gus should be a fullback and we need to run more power eyes with that kind of talent in the back field.

Advertisement
Njoku is too slow to be an effective every down receiver, could be used as an H-Back. I remember everyone was so high on Gray, but I never understood the hype.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Particularly on offense.

Here goes:

QB

Kaaya
Rosier
Shirreffs
Testaverde
Allison

RB

Yearby
Walton
Edwards
Tucker
Homer
Moss

WR

Coley
Njoku
Berrios
Brady
Cager
Gray
Langham
Mullins
Bruce
Byrd
Irvin

TE

Dobard
Herndon
Washington
O'Donnell
Hinson

Great athletes.

Thing about Butch is, he'll quickly figure out where he'll play best, given his talent, size, and speed, and that's where he'll go.

As will others. That's what Butch does. He even recruits the best athletes available, and then puts them in positions to excel.

We'll be lighter, quicker, faster, and more powerful. Note I didn't say stronger. A brick is strong, I said more powerful.

Advertisement
Back