Couple of ACC observations

Miami04

Senior
FSU may have gotten a little better in our favor but both GT and VT have found legit QB's and those games look a little bit tougher then they did a month ago.

Plus I can definitely see the ACC getting left out of the playoff this year with the way things are shaking out. The Atlantic teams could now beat each other up and as much as I want to believe I don't see us going undefeated and with our schedule I doubt we are getting in with one loss.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gonna molly *** both if our D returns to last years form. FOH GT. Miami is the reason why the option left college football.

Not sure that new GT QB makes it to the Miami game running 35 times per game.

Advertisement
No.

GT played an inferior opponent last night and still lost. Do you really think that Mac and Norton in the middle are going to allow 4+ yards on back to back to back dive plays? I think not. Same with VT...they beat a WVU team that we thrashed.

Also how in the **** do you think a 1 loss ACC champion gets left out? Are you watching CFB?? We were the best conference in the nation last year. Whoever comes out of the ACC goes to the final 4 if they only have a loss...100%.

These were 2 games matching up average teams that played each other close. Stop with the "they both have good qbs" talk. GT qb was throwing crappy passes and just heaving the ball downfield.

Advertisement
The VaTech QB, Jackson, big, tall, power runner with a strong arm much like Logan Thomas and, like Thomas, has accuracy issues. Plus, he has little game experience. It looks like he has one quality WR, Phillips. To me, it looks like their passing attack is not quite as good as last season, but its still dangerous.

Johnson has definitely found an outstanding QB to run his offense.

Here we go with the GT and VT really suck and we will kill them talk.

Or

They are Bama and Osu part II . . .

Are we as good or bad as we looked against BC? Is Tennessee as bad as they looked last night? Is GT as good? What about UNC, are they as bad as they looked? Okay, VT, as good? The thing about VT that "concerns" me is that they typically start the season slowly, losing to a James Madison type team . . . well they looked good against Wva.

Things change so much from week to week. I do think the reality is that winning the Coastal on paper should be easy, but we play the games for a reason. Lets see how much better we look against Arkansas State. It is the very definition of a trap game, and I am not so impressed with CMR in his coaching tenure in these trap games. Lets go play better and win the next game we should win!

Fsu week will take care of itself . . .

The VaTech QB, Jackson, big, tall, power runner with a strong arm much like Logan Thomas and, like Thomas, has accuracy issues. Plus, he has little game experience. It looks like he has one quality WR, Phillips. To me, it looks like their passing attack is not quite as good as last season, but its still dangerous.

Johnson has definitely found an outstanding QB to run his offense.

So basically VaTech has a qb on their football team... and water is wet.

The end

FSU may have gotten a little better in our favor but both GT and VT have found legit QB's and those games look a little bit tougher then they did a month ago.

Plus I can definitely see the ACC getting left out of the playoff this year with the way things are shaking out. The Atlantic teams could now beat each other up and as much as I want to believe I don't see us going undefeated and with our schedule I doubt we are getting in with one loss.

ms-YZQhX6.gif

Advertisement
Not sure that new GT QB makes it to the Miami game running 35 times per game.

This was my thought. The kid is good in that offense but he is small and won't make it all year taking hits like that.

My thoughts exactly. But that kid is a beast, though--no doubt about that. He's real slippery.

But he took a TON of hits last night. He's going to hav ea tough time holding up at that size...5'10, 180lbs?? But he looks 175ish

Last edited:
WVU has one of the worst D's in the country. That was the perfect game for Jackson to make his debut at VA Tech. He did a nice job, but take it all with many grains of salt.

Last edited:
GT? To quote Jerome McDougle, "we'll whoop that a$$". VT will be tough but there's no reason why we can't beat them by double digits.

Advertisement
Here we go with the GT and VT really suck and we will kill them talk.

Or

They are Bama and Osu part II . . .

Are we as good or bad as we looked against BC? Is Tennessee as bad as they looked last night? Is GT as good? What about UNC, are they as bad as they looked? Okay, VT, as good? The thing about VT that "concerns" me is that they typically start the season slowly, losing to a James Madison type team . . . well they looked good against Wva.

Things change so much from week to week. I do think the reality is that winning the Coastal on paper should be easy, but we play the games for a reason. Lets see how much better we look against Arkansas State. It is the very definition of a trap game, and I am not so impressed with CMR in his coaching tenure in these trap games. Lets go play better and win the next game we should win!

Fsu week will take care of itself . . .

Watched both games and yes while they have good QB's both teams looked suspect on D. Gtech couldn't stop the run in ot and their dbs got beat a lot. Vtech front 7 looked good but their secondary is suspect also. So hopefully our O does it's job and our D returns to form.

I agree with the first part of the post - GT & VT look like they've found legit QB replacements. UNC & Pitt, not so much.

It's just the first week, so no reason to overreact, but there's nothing to suggest we shouldn't still be the heavy favorites to win the Coastal.

Some people on here just don't seem to understand that other programs also recruit and are capable of improving year over year.

Advertisement
Back