Countdown to college football

12JonesPick.jpg

Advertisement
Looking back…

- Miami beat OU for the second time in two years in a #1 v #2 matchup (OU/Switzer would take Miami off the schedule for future games)
- Miami beat #20 FSU 41-23 (FSU was the only team to score two TD’s before the 4th Q). UF scored 15 (3FG). OU scored 16. South Carolina scored 14 while losing by 20 (all 14 scored in the 4th Q when the dogs had been called) and WV scored 14 — when Miami scored 58. Miami played 9 unranked teams out of 11 and outside of Rivalry games and the 1v2 matchup, none scored more than 1 TD. This was domination.
From 1985 to 1987, OU had a total of 3 losses. All 3 came to the same opponent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Me & Wifey stood next to Scotts Mom behind the sidelines the last 10mins of the game...
Must have been amazing to be on the sidelines for most of Miami’s key victories and titles. Weird question but what’s the protocol when you’re allowed on the sideline? I mean, do you get to be in the defensive meetings or offensive? Or are you pretty much glued to what’s going on on the field? Lastly, do you still get to view things from that vantage point or with Manny on board he’s tightened the reins a bit?

Advertisement
Must have been amazing to be on the sidelines for most of Miami’s key victories and titles. Weird question but what’s the protocol when you’re allowed on the sideline? I mean, do you get to be in the defensive meetings or offensive? Or are you pretty much glued to what’s going on on the field? Lastly, do you still get to view things from that vantage point or with Manny on board he’s tightened the reins a bit?
I had a Sideline Pass from 95-2000...Unfortunately during those yrs I lived 12hrs away in the Panhandle, so as you could imagine I couldn't take advantage of it as much as I wanted...I always stood atleast 75' behind the actual sideline....Its been 19yrs since I had those benefits...although I still was friends with a Higher up in Security (used to drive around on a Golf Cart...but won't mention his name) till he left UM in 2006...and I could always rely on him sneaking me into UM Pro Days and practices...Once the Shapiro BS came out...Security tightened as you could imagine...

Wow I would’ve killed for that access. Yes, I can imagine having to travel that far to witness games for the Canes was fifty, raising a family as well. Thanks for the walk down memory lane mate

Advertisement
Back