Could we be too amped up?!

sszoeboy

Freshman
As a fan, I'm seriously amped for the game tomorrow night. However, another aspect which I'm not too comfortable with is the team being too amped up. I'm worried the pressure may be too much for THIS YOUNG hurricane team right now. The local, and national media coverage is ramped up a bit more than any other regular season game. Meanwhile, ND is taking the "It's just another game' approach. Am I overthinking it, or does it have some merit?

Advertisement
The thought has merit,.. But. We have, been guilty of playing to our competition,..if that holds true this weekend,.. We we rolling like Snoop Dog!!

Advertisement
They beat FSU at the last second. They have beat several teams this year down and dirty.

They were playing for an ACC championship last week against a team that was supposed to beat us.

No, the team is not too amped up. Seems when the pressure increases, this team plays even better.

This narrow shouldered, short shafted, baby soft bullshyt has no place here before the game.

This is how I'm feeling about ND right now:

highsmithmossbrown1.gif

Last edited:
It's the Doomers, the saintly holy pretty boys from South Bend... are you kidding me. We may need to take up a collection for bail money, cause we're going to murder the SOB's.

Advertisement
You think this is just another game for them? Even if they didn't know the history this week, they've been learning it. Whether that is from television, coaches, former players, parents, or even fans........they now know. This is a big, collosal matchup when you've got us and the Irish ranked this high.

As for pressure, most expect us to lose. They're expected to win. None of the rest of the **** matters leading up to the game. We both may come out too amped up.

The winner will be the one that gets smashed, but says **** that, I'm getting that m'fer back worse than he got me or my teammate over there.

Lets go Canes!

Advertisement
These kids feed on energy. Everybody needs to be as amped as possible. And I hope they take the “just another game” as the disrespect it is.

Advertisement
No way. This **** is fun.

This..

Who wouldn't be amped after having nothing to be amped about for YEARS til Richt got here. I'm trying get use to this feeling for the future. I can't even contain myself. I just hope we don't come out flat and if we lose I hope we go out guns blazing giving the nation that "**** Miami is going to be a title contender in a year or two." feeling.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go with what Richt said. Excitement creates adrenaline which makes you go harder. Adrenaline lets you go beyond what you would normally be capable of. Richt said excitement and a loud crowd will boost adrenaline in a good way.

Advertisement
Back