Could Trayone Gray play LB?

Hstokes1447

Junior
In an interview on CS, Al said he might be changing positions. I know he has never played defense, but with his size and athleticism he could make a very good WILL LB. We will be thin at WILL next season and if Gray can pick up the position in the spring, I could see him making an impact at the position in the fall.

Advertisement
In an interview on CS, Al said he might be changing positions. I know he has never played defense, but with his size and athleticism he could make a very good WILL LB. We will be thin at WILL next season and if Gray can pick up the position in the spring, I could see him making an impact at the position in the fall.

Not sure....but with the 3 studs coming in I believe he gets moved to WR and KR.

I'd like to see him get a shot at WR. He's a rare talent and could use the ball in his hands.

Not sure....but with the 3 studs coming in I believe he gets moved to WR and KR.

Advertisement

He actually played Safety in high school but not a lot of it. with his size he is a LB now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i am not too conernced with lb. we have grace, owens, young, kirby all coming back plus smith and jackson redshirting and at least perry who can probably play as a true fresh. I think it will be too much for gray to learn LB, move him to WR.

Advertisement
Chocolate to LB?...

Man, the way our LBs been getting kicked out of school and considering how hard he worked just to get in the door...

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Oh-****-No-Norbit.gif

I would like to see him at lb, safety, rb, wr, kr, etc. We just need guys like him on the field! I say move him to lb b/c we have yearby and Gus at rb with more coming in. Also, wr is stacked, but if he is the best of the bunch, put him here! Fb we have Tucker, but IMO one of the two need to play lb due to lack of depth. Safety we are stacked with Jenkins coming back and Guyot learning the system. LB seems to be where he is needed most if he's good! There is no point wasting a talent like Gray at a position where he's not as effective.

When I look at Trayone Gray I see the same mold that produced Alonzo Highsmith and DJ Williams. Both kids were elite LB/RB's coming out of HS, one ended up at RB, won an MNC and had a nice career playing ball on Sundays; The other ended up at LB and won an MNC here and has a nice career playing ball on Sundays as well.

Advertisement
Back