Could Perry Return in 2021?

Ummm; did we not just pick up TVD & Garcia? Do u think Garcia came to Miami so he can wait til 2022-23?? Lol.
Who cares. Wait their turn like most of the QBs in college football. If Perry changes his mind, he's likely the starter for 2022. I think Perry has matured and could flourish in the Lashlee offense as we got a glimpse in the bowl game fr a guy who sat on the bench all year.

Everyone gets excited about young QBs, but few are better than the veterans.

I've said it seveal times, if Perry had sat 2-3 years we would be super excited about his future. Instead he played when he wasn't mature enough for the position and the fanbase soured on him.

Advertisement
Who cares. Wait their turn like most of the QBs in college football. If Perry changes his mind, he's likely the starter for 2022. I think Perry has matured and could flourish in the Lashlee offense as we got a glimpse in the bowl game fr a guy who sat on the bench all year.

I've said it seveal times, if Perry had sat 2-3 years we would be super excited about his future. Instead he played when he wasn't mature enough for the position and the fanbase soured on him.
I agree. He looked a lot better under Lashlee and played very well in the bowl game. It’s not his fault he had two awful wrs dropping like 6 passes.

i think he could be really good somewhere.

Lol;

Bruh. What r u talking about? Lol.

Here’s our starting QBs since 2016:

2016-17: JR. Brad Kaaya
2017-18: RS Jr. Malik Rosier
2018-19: RS Sr. Malik Rosier
2019-20: RS Fr Jarren Williams
2020-21: Rs Sr. D’Eriq King

N’Kosi got some burn last yr to spark us as a RS Sophomore (or 3rd yr in the program) & some burn as a RS Fr in 2018 (or 2nd yr in the program), but at NO TIME was dude ever thee man here, so I have zero idea what U’re talking about.

Advertisement
It does kinda make sense for him to stay. Take over the job in 2022 with 2 years in the offense under your belt.

Perry would have a good sense of whether he is the leader in the clubhouse at the end of next season. If he’s been surpassed, transfer then and you still get spring ‘22 with the new team.

I get why he wouldn’t do that. But it’s for sure a defensible strategy.

Advertisement
At this point... I think it's selfish of us to even want Perry back. Like we're asking him to be a career backup QB. What I want most for Perry is for him to land on a team where he's the starter. Everything else will play itself out.

WTF? Wonder what percentage of posters start new threads while under the influence of something?
68E8ECBA-3A0A-482E-8B43-C698E3910C28.gif

Advertisement
Love Perry and hope he does well wherever he lands. But he always seems more robotic when he drops back. It’s almost as if he is running threw the steps in his head instead of doing everything fluid. For example that fake QB run up the middle then pass to the TE that King has run with success, when Perry did the same fake it looked just a bit off. The steps were all right but it didn’t look natural.

Maybe he transfers to Baga, becomes the starter and throws fir 967 yards and 7 TD’s against us in the opener....by the way, UNC scored again.

Advertisement
Has Perry used his redshirt year? I cannot recall.

I continue to assume that King will not be ready until week 4 (Central Connecticut game). This presents the possibility that Perry could start 3 games in 2021, then take his redshirt year and still have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

Just a thought.

Ummm; did we not just pick up TVD & Garcia? Do u think Garcia came to Miami so he can wait til 2022-23?? Lol.

I assume he came to UM to compete for the starting QB job. If anyone else beats him out, then so be it. I think its far from a given that he'll start after King is done.

Advertisement
Back