Could next year be the year ?

Advertisement
Y'all are out there if you really thought 2022 was going to be different, after the abortion the past two decades have been.

118-85 between the 2005 Peach Bowl and end of the 2021 season average out at 7-5 a year for the past 16 years.

0-for-18 in ACC Championships, 1-of-17 in Coastal crowns (and blown out 38-3 in lone title game appearance).

Upperclassmen on this team lost to FIU and were part of a culture where starting quarterback missed curfew and still started—none of these Canes afraid there'd be repercussions for any actions. Lost to Duke by double digits a week later and shutout in a bowl game against Louisiana Tech en route to 6-7.

But sure. just writing a fat check for a better staff and bringing on a new AD—poof—everything changes year one and the Canes win the division, simply because fans "expected" to.

7-5 last year could've just as easily have been 3-9 if TVD didn't play out of his mind in a bunch of games.

Our frustration with irrelevancy had us as a fan base fast-tracking the success this year; "9-3 at worst, and should win the Coastal!"—based on what track record or history?

Interestingly enough, the team Mario left out on Eugene is in good hands; a Top 10 team that just beat undefeated UCLA today, while the trash team Manny left him is in the toilet.

Really gonna lump this all on dude who went 35-12 over four seasons, with two Pac-12 titles, two double-digit win seasons, a Rose Bowl victory and some great recruiting hauls—and not a bunch of entirely underachievers who spent the past three years learning from a fraud?

Yeah, this season sucks and it's beyond embarrassing to lose to a high school from Murfreesboro, Tennessee and two ACC basketball schools—but welcome to years of irrelevance and a once-great program who has played down, no-showed and half-assed it since most kids on today's roster were even alive.

Eight f**king turnovers and mailed it in for the fourth quarter. Unreal.

Buckle in as it's gonna be a minute.

Advertisement
Take the U off the helmets and what was this team going to be? We need to lose close before we start to win close. We got another year of losing close before we get a year of winning games. Not many players on this team would be able to play for the team Mario is going to have in 3 years.

austin-powers-dr-evil.gif

The first step is admitting you have a problem...

You’re a lot further along than most who are still brainwashed by the Cult.

All you have to do is keep reminding yourself that your eyes are not deceiving you & what you’re seeing every Saturday is real. As long as you keep yourself grounded in reality & do not drink the Kool-Aid, you’ll learn to simply see things for what they are & not fall for the same trick every year.

That I finally stop falling for this???? I literally told my wife two months ago that this time it was different and they were going in the right direction. She laughed. I’m an idiot.
The past 4 years I have told my wife that it’s going to be a rough year to avoid her saying “ I thought we were going to be good this year?”

Advertisement
At least Lashlee put TVD in the position to play out of his mind. Gattis and Mario just want to pound that square peg into a round hole, then blame everyone else when it doesn't fit.
Lashlee wouldn't be here this year anyway. stop living hypothetically .. People saying if this wS manny blah blah. it's pointless and to be honest it would've set us back another 3 years if Manny was still here.. Who would be our best players? O coordinator was gone, recruiting was terrible. And he would've been fired after this season anyway. Bunch of soft kids on the field. only one I saw showing emotion after the scored to go up 3 possessions was Wes 31! I can't wait till this upperclassmen are gone. Charlie Strong didn't forget how to coach defense, Steele didn't forget who to coach defense. Coaches didn't give up 8 turnovers. like I said 2024 will be the year where we can truly judge the hiring of MC

All you have to do is keep reminding yourself that your eyes are not deceiving you & what you’re seeing every Saturday is real. As long as you keep yourself grounded in reality & do not drink the Kool-Aid, you’ll learn to simply see things for what they are & not fall for the same trick every year.
So I shouldn’t tell her next year is definitely, for real, no doubt about it the year we’re back???

I wanna know what people are doing from Sunday-Friday to make them forget what happens on Saturday

A lot of drugs and alcohol maybe?

Advertisement
Same here.
I really wish they would just shut down the program at this point, so I can just move on without having to watch this train wreck every year.

Love football, but hate to watch the Canes play.
I’m just numb to the loses at this point.

Advertisement
I always love it when idiots say we could've been 3 and 9 last year.

Well, we were 3, 3, and 2 points from being 10 and 2.

As always, you are what your record is. We doubled our salary and paid whatever amount to portal guys to look worse than we ever did last year. Now that's a fact and it's ridiculous the lengths people go to not admit this staff is failing at an epic rate.

To those that want to put it on the players more than the coaches, why didn't we just save the money if it isn't their job to get more out of them?

Advertisement
Back