Couch and Kinchens

Advertisement
100% thought Couch was going to pick or at worst deflect that pass down. He did neither. Listen Kam can't get beat deep but **** happens in that spot. And saying Kam is overrated or whatever is odd, watch any safety and they get beat and make mistakes.
Couch did this last week too.

I'll offer up my perspective from being in the stadium. (Yes I was one of the 312 fans who stayed in the stadium for this).

The game was over. All we had to do was take a knee. The fans were piling out. The defense was on the sideline dancing and celebrating, high fiving each other. Then they had to go back on the field and make plays.

It was nowhere near what I experienced being at the 2002 Fiesta Bowl game but it had that same vibe. The game was over, the team was mentally winding down. This is not a complete excuse but I think it's worth mentioning.

God forbid they use a timeout after the spike to settle things down. Then again each time after a timeout they also **** the bed
The timeouts are like byes... the more time the team and coaches have to think the dumber they get...

Advertisement
100% thought Couch was going to pick or at worst deflect that pass down. He did neither. Listen Kam can't get beat deep but **** happens in that spot. And saying Kam is overrated or whatever is odd, watch any safety and they get beat and make mistakes.
Kam gets beat on a lot of plays and has been during his career. He’s not as good as people think he is.

Kam gets beat on a lot of plays and has been during his career. He’s not as good as people think he is.
Lol okay. Go watch any other safety. Happens to everyone. Not saying he's perfect but he's as good as you can do at that position.

I'll offer up my perspective from being in the stadium. (Yes I was one of the 312 fans who stayed in the stadium for this).

The game was over. All we had to do was take a knee. The fans were piling out. The defense was on the sideline dancing and celebrating, high fiving each other. Then they had to go back on the field and make plays.

It was nowhere near what I experienced being at the 2002 Fiesta Bowl game but it had that same vibe. The game was over, the team was mentally winding down. This is not a complete excuse but I think it's worth mentioning.
It’s not worth mentioning. Kam is the leader and should be able to rally the squad and tell others to not make the mistake he made. It was a horrible play and one a high school safety doesn’t make

Advertisement
The game falls solely on Mario but these two had inexplicable plays on that last drive. Te’Cory Couch with the worst ball skills I’ve ever seen and then Kinchens doing the one thing you COULDN’T do. One of the worst displays of defense I’ve ever seen.
View attachment 260498
JW did the exact same thing Kinchens did earlier in the game

Even on the Kinchens play, If they keep the receiver in front, he and whoever was playing short right would have had a chance for an INT the way their QB was flinging folly-floaters out there.

kinchens letting the receiver get behind him brought back my ptsd memories of chafee fields getting behind ed reed on the last play of the game in 1999.
I had the same reflection. That wasn’t the last play of the game, but still a horrible memory.

Miami went for a fourth and two and failed, deep in Penn State territory. Ironically, if you watch the film, the running back gained enough yards but the spot was horrible. We know what happened.

Advertisement
His 3 INTs against GT last year got him voted AA, but he was never deserving of being a top 2 safety in college football. Takeaways are nice but scouts will tell you that making good decisions, taking good angles in run support, and tackling are what matter most. Kinchens does none of these things at a consistently high level.

I had the same reflection. That wasn’t the last play of the game, but still a horrible memory.

Miami went for a fourth and two and failed, deep in Penn State territory. Ironically, if you watch the film, the running back gained enough yards but the spot was horrible. We know what happened.
I was standing on the sidelines....Blame Schiano's Defense that he called. And Rumph slipped on the wet field....

Advertisement
Both tried to be the man and failed miserably. The Couch play was bad, but Kam's was next level. Bro, thought you got this out of your system after getting burned half a dozen times last year in similar fashion. There's 10 guys ahead of you, let then tackle the guy. It doesn't need to be you. Selfish, just plain selfish of them both.

Advertisement
Back