Cote's new article (RE: Butch)

People don't realize how much The Troll damaged this program. Remember that we are competing with Southern Cal and USCe for top coaching talent. South Carolina aside, most Canes fans don't get how much of a step down this program has become from SC. People going on about Kelly need to get that. Herman, for example, probably isn't interested in coming here because of the chaos caused by Donna and the clownish AD. But he will use us as leverage.

Advertisement
How is that even a viable hypothesis? The Canes fans who are in the Butch cult aren't going to be happy merely because UM gave the appearance that it considered him prior to hiring some Sterno bum like Cristobean. They're only going to be satisfied if UM HIRES Davis.

You think guys like Arch, who are deeply indoctrinated, are going to say, "hey it's cool. They considered Butch. That's all we wanted."?

People don't realize how much The Troll damaged this program. Remember that we are competing with Southern Cal and USCe for top coaching talent. South Carolina aside, most Canes fans don't get how much of a step down this program has become from SC. People going on about Kelly need to get that. Herman, for example, probably isn't interested in coming here because of the chaos caused by Donna and the clownish AD. But he will use us as leverage.

Miami has the better roster and easier conference than USC.

Why are so many Canes fans so self deprecating? It's weird.

Greg Cote never gets tired of being wrong.
By far the dumbest sports reporter in south Florida and that's saying something.

Advertisement
Dumb enough to get opening night of basketball wrong.....

It is THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12

"Canes basketball, rising: UM men's basketball tips off its regular season tonight at home vs. Texas-Rio Grande Valley and, after making it to NIT Final last season, much is expected. This should be a Top 25 team that can do something in the NCAA Tournament. Also, for the first time in a long time, home games could be a tough ticket. And I don't just mean when Duke comes to town."

Try FRIDAY night !

Advertisement
I think Cote understated matters. Butch Davis is likely even more of a long shot than he is implying. I always believe in big picture and long term over recency. Everything tends to drift back to the beginning. If Davis had significant opposition last year and last month there were reasons for it and most likely those concerns will trump any late-going parlor act on his behalf.

I certainly wouldn't take 5/1, let's put it that way.

cote may be understating the possibility of butch but its pretty clear to me Butch is the fall back guy. butch is going to get offered if they whiff on their top two candidates.

I agree. They know they have Butch in their back pocket. If there are better candidates out there go after them and if they say no, you know you have Butch. It's like the girl you knew liked you but you weren't that interested. She was a sure thing. If you struck out with the one you really wanted to go out with you could call her later as your back up because she would say yes.

cote may be understating the possibility of butch but its pretty clear to me Butch is the fall back guy. butch is going to get offered if they whiff on their top two candidates.

I agree. They know they have Butch in their back pocket. If there are better candidates out there go after them and if they say no, you know you have Butch. It's like the girl you knew liked you but you weren't that interested. She was a sure thing. If you struck out with the one you really wanted to go out with you could call her later as your back up because she would say yes.
oops. Didn't mean to down vote.

UM needs to name Butch as HC on 11/23. If he keeps Baez, Butch can then work to close the 2016 class and assemble his staff to start the day after the bowl game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back