Cornerbacks Coach Candidates- 2021

Advertisement
Again that’s not how it works. Why would DVD take that if he’s not coaching a unit. He has some pride and wants to put a product on the field and be one of the guys. Cooney is the recruiting coordinator.

There’s 3 positions to fill and none of them are going to be an understudy. You’ve likely got the co-coordinator title to throw out and maybe even associate HC. Maybe they even try to go with defensive passing game coordinator for one of the DB spots and the co-dc at the other or at DL. I don’t know yet.

It’s all preliminary and it sounds like there’s good feedback from every angle I’ve heard. It’s all just the puzzle pieces going together now with money, fit, position, etc.
So when this is all set and done it could look like this:

DC/LB - Blake with Manny calling the D plays.
CB - DVD
S - Patke
ST - Locket
DL - Some dude that is not Partridge or Patrick

🤢🤢🤢 :hair-fire::hair-fire::diaf-u:

So when this is all set and done it could look like this:

DC/LB - Blake with Manny calling the D plays.
CB - DVD
S - Patke
ST - Locket
DL - Some dude that is not Partridge or Patrick

🤢🤢🤢 :hair-fire::hair-fire::diaf-u:
I don’t think it will be THAT bad

I could just be pessimistic. I don’t know how it will all fit. Manny has kind of shocked me every off season. We just need that first puzzle piece to fall to see how it’s gonna go

I could just be pessimistic. I don’t know how it will all fit. Manny has kind of shocked me every off season. We just need that first puzzle piece to fall to see how it’s gonna go
No knock at you, but basically you saying we bout to get the same lazy miami BS

Oh, he has. I was just kidding. I want him to succeed.

Advertisement
Be patient. I know you all cant hear it but hires wont be done anytime soon.

Let Manny think and make his choices, we can still smash him once every hire has been made.

I would run very fast in the opposite direction before I pay T-Rob 1,5/2m to coach DBs and be the DC.
You can hire 2 good position coaches with this type of money. I want somebody that will help Diaz improve on his scheme as DC, make it more diverse, I don't like Diaz scheme, but the only way I see we dropping it is when he gets fired. I'm not sure T-Rob moves the needle there, we can talk about Muschamp being a corch, but at the end of the day T-Rob D's at SCAR were bad.

Maybe they have the money, if so offer whatever to him, but I need a good DL coach and somebody that can help Diaz on D
I agree,his defense struggled a lot at SC. I would be fine bringing him in as a pure DB Coach/Co DC but if we're bringing him in at DC then Manny needs to call the plays. He would be unbelievable in recruiting though. He would pretty guarantee us a Top 10 recruiting class Every year if the the offensive staff does their part which they have proven they can

Advertisement
To summarize and clarify... I’m a pessimist

There are a lot of good names that are interested at all positions

my pessimism revolves around our ability to piece more than 1 of them into a staff together. Due to money, position, fit

Manny has done it before so I’ll try to hold off on my opinions until more concrete stuff comes through

Advertisement
Be patient. I know you all cant hear it but hires wont be done anytime soon.

Let Manny think and make his choices, we can still smash him once every hire has been made.
I'm patient like since 2001 patient. What's another week or two or year for that matter.

Just my opinion but Baker spent most of his career coaching safeties, will probably take over that spot, hire LB/CB/DL coaches, and leave Patke at Striker. If I’m guessing, DVD at CB, and ante up for a bigger name at DL. A LB coach from Baker/Manny’s past stops.

Advertisement
I'm glad someone is shooting it straight with us...Because other "insiders" are making it seem like Manny has been giving the money to make the necessary hires.
And then I look around Auburn has literally parked a brinks truck in the middle of the campus. Texas still has spots to fill along with UF, but no hires are imminent at the U smh we'll be sifting through the leftovers once again.

I think you are confusing two different issues. For the most part budget hasn't been an issue at UM. Miami has more than enough to fill out the position spots and DC job with top candidates. Of course, they aren't going to give 1.7 million for a DC and 1.5 million for a CB coach since no one does that. Diaz's selections aren't budget-limited. If we get a bunch of duds, it's because Diaz wanted those duds, not because he was trying to operate with a tiny budget.

Just my opinion but Baker spent most of his career coaching safeties, will probably take over that spot, hire LB/CB/DL coaches, and leave Patke at Striker. If I’m guessing, DVD at CB, and ante up for a bigger name at DL. A LB coach from Baker/Manny’s past stops.
No tired of sorry secondary play. When the last time Miami had an elite secondary? With the way offenses are evolving you need a strong secondary

Or is it Baker still DC and no decent coach wants to work for a failing DC?
This is what I’m going with to an extent. If they’re talking to position coaches, and Baker is staying, then they’re limiting who will take the DC job. I think it’s a mistake if that’s what’s happening. One strong DC can come in with a clean board and fill the position coaches accordingly.

Surprise, surprise...
This is what I’m going with to an extent. If they’re talking to position coaches, and Baker is staying, then they’re limiting who will take the DC job. I think it’s a mistake if that’s what’s happening. One strong DC can come in with a clean board and fill the position coaches accordingly.
Stunning.

Not really.

Advertisement
Back