Cornerbacks Coach Candidates- 2021

Advertisement
3 spots to fill. You’re gonna get 1 big name and if you’re lucky 2 average additions.

With 3 spots how else would you break it up? Gotta either be DE/DT coach and a full secondary coach or CB/S and a full DL coach. Whichever doesn’t get the solo job... there aren’t any big names coming to take half of a position group.

I get the feeling the staff makeup stays the same and we fill in the empty holes. You could possibly get a full DL coach, a co-dc that coaches 1 spot in the secondary and then hire the other similar to the way it was previously. But that lone guy is gonna be a “weak” hire. Either no experience or small school experience

Why not just go big and hire elite D-line and Secondary coaches, and use the last coaching spot to promote DVD to ST coach or something like that to save money (Have Patke focus on strikers exclusively)?

Advertisement

FA242194-BA7D-442A-91AB-35A8E140AEBB.gif

3 spots to fill. You’re gonna get 1 big name and if you’re lucky 2 average additions.

With 3 spots how else would you break it up? Gotta either be DE/DT coach and a full secondary coach or CB/S and a full DL coach. Whichever doesn’t get the solo job... there aren’t any big names coming to take half of a position group.

I get the feeling the staff makeup stays the same and we fill in the empty holes. You could possibly get a full DL coach, a co-dc that coaches 1 spot in the secondary and then hire the other similar to the way it was previously. But that lone guy is gonna be a “weak” hire. Either no experience or small school experience
Got you. As long as the guy is a “fast riser” or someone thought highly of then I really don’t mind. If he’s inexperienced, bring in recruiting ties or coming highly recommended through respected people. We just shouldn’t have anymore guys who bring nothing to the table, like Patke/Baker, especially if Baker isn’t getting the axe.

Evidently the problem is Manny and B James since no D coordinator wants to come here. Time and distance as they say in the military...farther away we get from the season we get, people get distracted and forget. Now a first time coach like DVD becomes acceptable, as does keeping Patke and Faker. We need a DC who picks his own staff. **** Manny trying to do it all *** backwards. Rumph is the only guy he fired. Put Mannys effing head on the chopping block.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I'm not questioning your not actually appreciate the content on here. But if this is the case I'm disappointed just thinking about it. This is an attractive job with unattractive money. LOL When will they get it?

I'm not questioning your not actually appreciate the content on here. But if this is the case I'm disappointed just thinking about it. This is an attractive job with unattractive money. LOL When will they get it?
We pay fairly well for coordinators. Assistants not so much. I don’t think that will ever change.

Advertisement
We pay fairly well for coordinators. Assistants not so much. I don’t think that will ever change.
Of course I don't dispute that. But isn't it hard to hire great coordinators if they don't have the money to really pick a quality staff to help coach up there scheme

I think we go big at DL coach and hire 2 nobodies again in the secondary. Gut feeling.

I could see a Partridge type DL hire followed by a Nick Monroe at Safety and DVD at CB. Basically status quo to what he had. Not the exact names I think we hire but on that same level imo.

Not saying Monroe is a “nobody” but he’s still at Syracuse for a reason

This is what I’m thinking. Basically they’re hoping that dvd/Monroe > rump/banda in terms of recruiting and partridge > stroud in terms of coaching. So, upgrade on all fronts but you’re still left with the baker/Mandy show.

Advertisement
Back