Corner Back truck stop

pacusmc

All American
Sorry my dudes I Just have to vent.
Passing defense numbers be damned and this philosophy can go to fckng ****. At some point your dude will be left out there by himself on island and all the hard work the team has put in and all those 530 am weight room days will depend on a player and his ability to cover the best and fastest player on a team. And if the well is full you go that mfer all game long and pick on that dude like a playground bully. Any good OC would do it and has done it.

Right now as we speak FSU is financially broke and begging people to buy tickets to games they won’t go to and we are hoping we can flip a corner back from them??!!

This school is sitting on a recruiting ground where Banda literally sent out a tweet on the plane ride over before he even set one foot in dade county and said “about to land in the. most fertile recruiting ground in the country” with plane window pic of this city.
And yet we sit here with only one dude that has busted his as and worked his way to not only hold the standard of his Family name and legacy but uphold the standard of the uniform he wears.
All the while every fckng year we swing and miss and get left convincing ourselves that the last girl at the truck stop lounge at 3 am is the one we need to go home with.
Please please!! Someone tell me the upside to this. Someone please tell me what intangibles or instincts I should consider after a few hrs in my strength and conditioning mattress. What development can I possibly get out of this beast. What Mexican pharmaceuticals or Colombian plastic surgery will turn this oddity into a day one pick?

19516BE8-B0A7-4D30-A95C-ABDFC686C178.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
So you're asking how we put lipstick on the pig this year or how we dress the ***** up for next year? Perhaps both? Either way, entertaining read.

Advertisement
I’m confident in Lashlee and King. I think we’re in trouble on D.
There’s no serious way we can compete at the highest level with 3 CBs, not that I can believe this early in the “season” anyway. What’s next, keep them from tackling to protect them from injury? It is freakin amateur hour, just that’s kind of what we have at head coach and DC.

UAB went 3-15 on 3rd down, had less than 300 yards and scored 7 points offensively.

Why are so many of you so out of control
overall agree.... we do pretty well against pass year after year. Still there is room to improve on it cause we aren’t getting the top guys locally. Can still get that changed.

Lashlee will be interim when it’s all said and done. Lashlee will lead us to one of the best offensive performance while Manny and Baker sink.

Advertisement
UAB went 3-15 on 3rd down, had less than 300 yards and scored 7 points offensively.

Why are so many of you so out of control?
This has nothing to do with uab and what we did that game.
we have 3 bodies at corner of which only one has shown he can play the game at a high level. The other one is still losing guys in coverage. One is 5’9 and the other is a freshman an that never played the position and is also undersized.

You’re happy about that? You think were good at cb for this year considering how up tempo and spread these teams are gonna play? Want to trot out some freshman that never played corner or some striker out there?

I want to support OP because I like him a lot. I’m just not certain about what he’s saying. 🙆🏻‍♂️
I’m ****ed That the school is in a state where Corner back isn’t a problem to find but we only have 3 dudes right now and only one is a good one and the other loses dude in coverage and the new guy is under sized and has only played one game.

Every year as signing day approaches we’re left with an empty cupboard and we start looking all over to see who we can get on board at corner hence the 3 am last girl at the bar reference.
We try to watch film and expect to find some player that our staff can transform into an all acc corner back. We hype up whatever 4.7 or 5’9 corner we have on our team and pretend he’s gonna cover Christian Leary or Frank Ladsen while all the 6ft 4.4 physical press corners leave the state.
We act like our s and c staff is gonna make these dudes drop almost a half second off of their 40 add 6 inches to their vert and make them grow 3 inches. Hence the pic of that last girl at the panhandle truck stop that no amount of makeup or plastic surgery will turn into a dime.

This has nothing to do with uab and what we did that game.
we have 3 bodies at corner of which only one has shown he can play the game at a high level. The other one is still losing guys in coverage. One is 5’9 and the other is a freshman an that never played the position and is also undersized.

You’re happy about that? You think were good at cb for this year considering how up tempo and spread these teams are gonna play? Want to trot out some freshman that never played corner or some striker out there?

No I'm not happy about any of it. But being thin at corner this season was happening whether Williams stayed or left. Even if he played he's exactly the player you described, an unproven entity that none of us knows can even play.

Right now all I care about is Louisville because it's all we can control. And this Saturday the same guys on D who held UAB to 3-15, 285 yards and 7 points will line up to play and in all likelihood put us in a position to win the game.

The rest I'll worry about later, maybe. Cause until now it hasn't mattered.

Advertisement
Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Re-hashing the past ain't gonna help us win Saturday. We gotta roll with what we got.

Hopefully, Diaz and Baker will come up with contingencies in the event we need more bodies at CB. UL is going to be a challenge whether we had Williams or not.

Right now the offensive staff is lights out. Great hires. Great recruiters. The only guys on the defensive staff I like are Banda and stroud. The rest gtfo of my face.
Patke: learning to coach. Can’t recruit
Rumph: we know already
Baker: overthinking everything. Recruiting is meh. The changes he made to manny’s scheme imo are not positive changes. He coaches like he doesn’t have the talent advantage

No I'm not happy about any of it. But being thin at corner this season was happening whether Williams stayed or left. Even if he played he's exactly the player you described, an unproven entity that none of us knows can even play.

Right now all I care about is Louisville because it's all we can control. And this Saturday the same guys on D who held UAB to 3-15, 285 yards and 7 points will line up to play and in all likelihood put us in a position to win the game.

The rest I'll worry about later, maybe. Cause until now it hasn't mattered.
It hasn’t mattered? Did you see the first half against unc? What about ivey and GT?
Those are 2 teams that have nothing compared to the dudes the top teams have.

Advertisement
It hasn’t mattered? Did you see the first half against unc? What about ivey and GT?
Those are 2 teams that have nothing compared to the dudes the top teams have.

Come on man, you are better than this hysteria. Every team gets torched by good QB play. Every team has special. teams lapses.

We didn't lose to GT just because of that fake punt. We lost that game because of sheer offensive and kicking ineptitude. Our last four drives into the red zone yield zero points in that game, turning what should have been an easy win into an embarrassing loss.

OP: spot on! We have sucked at recruiting CB (which for those of you remarking about the upcoming game should be aware that this is in the Recruiting Board thread). We need help BAD! And if Blades decides to leave this year, we are straight up SCREWED. We really needed J Marshall. We need many 4*s, not a single one each class. I said it in another post, while I have had concerns for Rumph in the past but liked the guy, I have totally lost confidence. He needs to go...period.

People talk about him putting Corn Elder and Adrian Colbert in the league (both of them are super talented and athletic guys...Corn was a 4* too). I will admit that he did wonders with Mike Jackson, but one good story over the last 6 years is a joke, and what has he done over the last 2 years...nothing. We are converting a WR into a corner in 2021 class. Why can’t we get a 4* on board instead? Why hasn’t Markevious Brown committed already with all of the momentum we have gong for us (is he really considering VT over his home town team)?

We need some introspection on the CB coach and action ASAP before it gets any worse. I may be agreeing with an unpopular thought going into game 2 of the season, but we need to be prepared to cut bait and hire the next guy that may be able to get it done. Manny should be hunting out who that guy is now. We may need to pony up for a proper CB coach, and not pay for an alumni discount. Bottom line, we need help or whatever work is being put in by the others will be cancelled out by the deficiency at CB.

Come on man, you are better than this hysteria. Every team gets torched by good QB play. Every team has special. teams lapses.

We didn't lose to GT just because of that fake punt. We lost that game because of sheer offensive and kicking ineptitude. Our last four drives into the red zone yield zero points in that game, turning what should have been an easy win into an embarrassing loss.
I’ve been wrong plenty on here. And I’ve defended Rumph and our corner play.
But lack of recruiting at oline hurt is badly last year. Lack of quality dtackles has been missing and out d end play has masked that a bit.
This lack of depth and quality at corner is going to hurt us eventually imo.

And we are upset because being in sofla it’s a shocking position to be in. We dont have to travel to find depth and athleticism at the position. It’s like saying Wisconsin has a depth and quality issue at oline.
I don’t understand why it’s so hard for dudes to see why people are ****ed.

I’ve been wrong plenty on here. And I’ve defended Rumph and our corner play.
But lack of recruiting at oline hurt is badly last year. Lack of quality dtackles has been missing and out d end play has masked that a bit.
This lack of depth and quality at corner is going to hurt us eventually imo.

And we are upset because being in sofla it’s a shocking position to be in. We dont have to travel to find depth and athleticism at the position. It’s like saying Wisconsin has a depth and quality issue at oline.
I don’t understand why it’s so hard for dudes to see why people are ****ed.

I get you man, it's an incredibly frustrating situation.

Advertisement
Back