Corn Elder

Advertisement
I doubt after Richt saying he doesn't have many "him" plays in the offense he would then create a bunch of "him" plays for Elder, or anyone else for that matter. I do like him returning punts though.

I'd like to see more player specific setups for Richards/Coley before we throw Corn in as if we don't have explosion on the offense already.

Not offense, but definitely needs to be our KR.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
That tipped pass coming off of his man was the most amazing DB play I have seen in a while. What closing speed and reaction time

Right because Braxton Berrios had such a horrible game. Elder would have had no impact on KOR on Sat. All but one was kicked out of the end zone and one they kicked off from the 50 and Berrios did a great job almost getting in back to the 15.

Not hatin on your comment at all but Elder would of definitely ran that one punt back that braxton did not ... But it is what it is

Advertisement
[video=youtube;K3ADar4MNR0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ADar4MNR0[/video]
15:10 Corn isn't getting tackled by a punter being blocked...and I doubt he'd be chased down by a tightend that tripped and lost the angle
Berrios makes good decisions but he's not as athletic as corn

15:10 Corn isn't getting tackled by a punter being blocked...and I doubt he'd be chased down by a tightend that tripped and lost the angle

Okay, playing devil's advocate then, maybe Corn wouldn't have seen the lane and made the cut Berrios did. After all, Berrios "makes good decisions." So Corn may have used his superior athleticism for a lesser return there.

Two comments:

1. Brad made some great passes under pressure. I think we need to lay off the kid. He did make one very important mistake, but he made some nice throws under pressure.

2. Berrios took a bad angle during his PR - he faked right when he only had one dude on the left who happened to be very slow. Dude on the left was not going to catch him. Not sure why he was faking right. Just run straight, son.

Anyone arguing for Berrios over Corn as a returner is being silly. Corn has displayed numerous times that he is the best returner on the roster and possibly the best ball carrier, period. I would be shocked if we were keeping him off returns for any reason other than cornerback depth. Berrios is solid but Corn is dynamic.

He got banged up late in the game last week which might have precluded him from being on the last punt return even if we wanted him there...but there is no doubt in my mind that, had he been back there, he houses that punt.

Advertisement
I agree, give Corn two punts a game. Also, get Berrios the ball more in spots like they did in the bowl game. He's flat out fast in the open field. Corn has a much better first few steps, and that is key for a punt returner. Berrios does not have that wiggle, he's got great burst and great speed.

Thanks for all the down votes.

Bunch of idiots if you want your best corner to play O or return kicks with our lack of depth at cb.

Get fvckn real

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back