Cormani out at CU

Advertisement
G5 Billy is probably desperate for some buzz and would bring him in. Otherwise USF makes the most sense. I have no idea what their NIL wallet is like though, and you know him and his mom aren't playing for free.

I think he jumped into the portal already knowing he was going to USF. I think the USC talk is BS. Just threw them in there to not look like he didnt have a big time brand program interested. I think he was already having back channel convos with DVD and USF about coming home. JMO.

Advertisement
It saddens me that grown men talking to a kid don't encourage them. "Yo Mani, you messed up bc you got caught in the hype. Let it be a learning experience and position yourself to see which program is actually going to take you to the next level, talent wise. Take it more serious and dedicate the time in your workouts in the off-season. Focus on yourself and future." That's all that needs to be said.

These fools are kicking the dude while he's down.
I mean personally I'm all for they hitting the elbow drop from the top rope.

If that makes me petty, so be it.

It doesn't matter how much the kids are paid coming out of high school, they're still kids. They get the money, but with that, they're immediately treated like adults, and are expected to act like professionals.
Bro you get paid like and adult...Your @ss better act like an adult and professional'or move around..Thats what he's doing moving around. He will contuine to move around if he dont grow up real fast. Deion didn't cause thayt break up. He did basket case

Last edited:
Advertisement
They've benefited in the short term, won't matter when you are terrible for 10 years. It's about building a sustainable program that can give you those benefits long term. Deion isn't the hire you make as a serious program, it's a celebrity hire that you hope works out. CU has the ability to be a legitimate program, provided they hire the right coach.
Playing in the bottom 12' he just might make some noise. you never know.. he's playing in the best conference to succeed and he's the right coach for them at the moment. Revenue $$$$$$ They're give him 2 more yrs rather he bounces or not. Sit n back and grab your nuts

I think he jumped into the portal already knowing he was going to USF. I think the USC talk is BS. Just threw them in there to not look like he didnt have a big time brand program interested. I think he was already having back channel convos with DVD and USF about coming home. JMO.
Absolutely agree. His family is 45 minutes away from USF and would most likely see a ton of PT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im sure Deion learned a valuable lesson himself in all this. Just because they have 5*s by their name..you also have to actually do your homework on these kids and their parents and their handlers. And also where they are at mentally. Deion swooped in so fast and snatched Cormani there is no way he took any time to actually vet him. He just saw he was the #1 CB in the country and thats all that mattered to him. Everyone wont come perfectly gift wrapped like Travis Hunter.

We had DVD as his "mentor" so we were prepared. Deion just introduced him to Gillie and Wallo and Lil Wayne and thought he was good to go from there. Smh.

Im sure Deion learned a valuable lesson himself in all this. Just because they have 5*s by their name..you also have to actually do your homework on these kids and their parents and their handlers. And also where they are at mentally. Deion swooped in so fast and snatched Cormani there is no way he took any time to actually vet him. He just saw he was the #1 CB in the country and thats all that mattered to him. Everyone wont come perfectly gift wrapped like Travis Hunter.

We had DVD as his "mentor" so we were prepared. Deion just introduced him to Gillie and Wallo and Lil Wayne and thought he was good to go from there. Smh.
Faced with the same choice in the future, I think he'd do the same thing. PR adds value too.

Neon is a big fan of Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

"No Lessons Learned"

Advertisement
Back