Cormani out at CU

Go ahead name the them.

And the keep in mind we need help at CB, WR, and S or G. So say add 3. With the 8 over plus 3 needed position, name 11 now.

And also, we need actual help at CB not a bad character freshman who hasn't performed well yet, so add another to the cut list.

Name 12 guys to cut. And let's see if that 12th guy is worth cutting over cormani.
I’m not one to gossip but rumor has it Little Lou is currently occupying 12 roster spots

Advertisement
That means we have to cut 11 to get to 81 for 4 portal additions of WR1, 2 DB's and a RB.

Def do not want Cormani but idk why everyone is so worried about the numbers. Its actually not that bad. I can think of a list of people who I wouldn't think twice about cutting from this team.
Talent wise I think we could all find 10 or so… but there’s intangibles to that.

You’re trying to build a culture etc, so what if we’re like “yeah Redding can go” but he’s the first one in the weight room? What if he’s the vocal leader? Sometimes it’s more difficult than just “he’s not going to play”… kids that see people rewarded for hardwork tend to feed off that.

Ghosted their LB coach when he went to do his final in home and he was already at Miami on his OV. Didn’t tell either his position coach or their HC he was going to OV Miami and even told them he was solid and was shutting his recruitment down
Were they expecting the LB coach? Because if memory serves, we told Cormani and his HS coach that we'd be visiting. When did this happen?

Advertisement
Nah, I'm not hard headed. I can have legit conversations and be proven wrong.

My conversation will hone in on that 12th player compared to Cormani. I went through the roster and don't think it's as easy as ppl say.

So please, for conversations sake, name the 12 you would cut.
I want to play… I got it at 92, so it would be 11 (to sign 2DBs, 1 WR & 1 RB)

Strictly off talent and health (no intangibles I don’t know about) - also rather get someone I know will make an impact over Cormani. Not worth the headache.

- Citizen
- Zion
- Redding
- Kirk
- Freeney
- Denis
- Sagapolu
- Gore
- Campbell
- McCormick
- Emory W
- Chase Smith

Talent wise I think we could all find 10 or so… but there’s intangibles to that.

You’re trying to build a culture etc, so what if we’re like “yeah Redding can go” but he’s the first one in the weight room? What if he’s the vocal leader? Sometimes it’s more difficult than just “he’s not going to play”… kids that see people rewarded for hardwork tend to feed off that.
Whatever. I don't really care who stays or goes as long as we win. If that is the approach he wants to take then he better win games. No point in "culture" talk if the player is a non factor on the field and the coach chooses not to upgrade.

Mario left JG, and James Williams on the field all of last year even though they had awful penalties and lapses of judgements in games. Why? Bc they were our best players. No point in keeping benchwarmers for "culture" when he has proven he would play whoever gives him the best chance to win. But whatever if he chooses to keep people

JUST. WIN. GAMES.

Advertisement
What date? It was reported that Hayes was coming here for an OV on 12/15.

From the UF mod in their site after gaby broke the news he was coming for an OV:

He told UF last month he was done entertaining other schools and was solid with them. I haven't heard of anything cooking on the Miami side, but I am sure they have still been trying. Have not asked on hiim as much these last few weeks. He's telling UF he's solid and focused on them though. I will check around again. Pretty sure UF is in tomrorow to see him.

EDIT: He's currently landed for an OV to Miami per the Miami site

Blake AldermanSTAFF
Posted on Dec 14th, 2023, 7:00 PM, V I P, User Since 83 months ago, User Post Count: 56190
  • Dec 14th, 2023, 7:00 PMVIP
  • 83 months
So I just asked the Miami guys here and apparenlty he's just landed at Miami for an OV. So sounds like he's not stuck to those claims.
Second time he's said he was shutting it down and then did not.

Blake AldermanSTAFF
Posted on Dec 17th, 2023, 3:08 PM, V I P, User Since 83 months ago, User Post Count: 56190
  • Dec 17th, 2023, 3:08 PMVIP
  • 83 months
SUGator51 said... (original post) @Blake Alderman , is this real news or fake news?
show more
They were gonna see him Friday. Unsure if Billy was using his hit or had used his already in contact period. But I know Bateman was gonna be in to see him. They found out about his trip Thursday night when he arrived, so there was no need to go by. They knew he wasn’t

Strictly off talent and health (no intangibles I don’t know about) - also rather get someone I know will make an impact over Cormani. Not worth the headache.

- Citizen
- Zion
- Redding
- Kirk
- Freeney
- Denis
- Sagapolu
- Gore
- Campbell
- McCormick
- Emory W
- Chase Smith
Could also add:
Balom
and Malik Bryant (depth issues) also rather lose Bryant than Bobby and if Bobby leaves Robby would leave as well.

Appears Cormani is no longer practicing at CU, rumored to be back home.

First suspicions arose when he was no longer in the daily practice videos by Prime’s son who films practice… then came the next part.

Apparently he was on FSUs campus this week, and looks like he will be entering portal.
Love that his little stunt blew up in his ***** *** face and before everyone says oh he’s a kid **** that he’s a grown *** man 17/18 u can go to war miss me with that childish **** he just wanted some fake internet clout

From the UF mod in their site after gaby broke the news he was coming for an OV:

He told UF last month he was done entertaining other schools and was solid with them. I haven't heard of anything cooking on the Miami side, but I am sure they have still been trying. Have not asked on hiim as much these last few weeks. He's telling UF he's solid and focused on them though. I will check around again. Pretty sure UF is in tomrorow to see him.

Blake AldermanSTAFF
Posted on Dec 14th, 2023, 7:00 PM, V I P, User Since 83 months ago, User Post Count: 56190
  • 83 months
So I just asked the Miami guys here and apparenlty he's just landed at Miami for an OV. So sounds like he's not stuck to those claims.

Blake AldermanSTAFF
Posted on Dec 17th, 2023, 3:08 PM, V I P, User Since 83 months ago, User Post Count: 56190
  • 83 months

They were gonna see him Friday. Unsure if Billy was using his hit or had used his already in contact period. But I know Bateman was gonna be in to see him. They found out about his trip Thursday night when he arrived, so there was no need to go by. They knew he wasn’t
Okay, so do you want to cut him?

Advertisement

- Citizen
- Zion
- Redding
- Kirk
- Freeney
- Denis
- Sagapolu
- Gore
- Campbell
- McCormick
- Emory W
- Chase Smith

Easy decision to make on all of them except id switch out Brown for Emory

Not that I don’t want brown but I just got this feeling he leaves after spring

Could also add:
Balom
and Malik Bryant (depth issues) also rather lose Bryant than Bobby and if Bobby leaves Robby would leave as well.
Balom I left due to depth at safety being possibly the worst on team. Malik from all accounts has moved to edge. I like his talent and he was really an edge rusher in HS, so I want to see that play out.

Bobby and Robby are nowhere near this list. Bobby will be playing on Sundays.

It’s an easy gamble if you are interested

You bring him in with a zero tolerance policy and if he F’s up he’s gone

If he buys in he has the potential to be an all American and top draft pick

If the coaches are interested it’s an easy choice imo
tracy morgan no GIF

Advertisement

Blake AldermanSTAFF
  • 83 months

Blake AldermanSTAFF
  • 83 months

Who gives sh*t, f*ck the gators

Eek, I have no dog in this fight and I think Redding has been a great team player who has handled his business off the field. I say this with the upmost respect to him but I don’t give a **** if he sets up the weight room, re racks everyone’s weights and then personally details every players car after practice, it’s time for him to go.

This year will be his 5th year on the roster and I believe he graduates either this spring or summer, if not already so he’s been “rewarded” for his hard work with a degree but part of building culture is having cutthroat competition for every spot and after 4 years he offers none. I know you’re just using him as an example but I would counter that and say he’s an example of someone whose time it is to move on.

Okay, so do you want to cut him?

I’m not the one X’ing Cormani over him/his family lying to us and others in recruiting

That’s you

I knew it wasn't nice to lie to people back in kindergarten. I also knew if someone said they were coming to see me that it was rude to go somewhere without telling them so they didn't make a trip for no reason.

We going to keep it a buck and apply this across the board or just ignore kids doing the same when it benefits us? Just need to know how much of what you type u really believe lol

Blake AldermanSTAFF
  • 83 months

Blake AldermanSTAFF
  • 83 months

Nah if its true Hayes def played the game but I think anyone can chalk up recruiting games to just that. We hate it when kids do it to us and they are immature, but if they punk the gator or FSU we love em. I think the difference here is AFTER the recruiting game is played it is time to work.

Appears cormani did not do that based on his lack of PT and prime calling him out for being late to meetings, missing meetings, not knowing assignments etc.. He did get some burn and I remember a few decent plays from him where his natural ability showed but that is the thing, his natural ability isnt going to make him a good college corner, his natural ability likely has him at a USF starting level corner and he does not need to do a **** thing different. His natrual ability as a HS made him an insane prospect with a very very high ceiling. That ceiling is still there but the window to reach it is closing if that makes sense.

Advertisement
Back