Cormani out at CU

Who gives sh*t, f*ck the gators
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

Advertisement
I’m not the one X’ing Cormani over him/his family lying to us and others in recruiting

That’s you

We going to keep it a buck and apply this across the board or just ignore kids doing the same when it benefits us? Just need to know how much of what you type u really believe lol
One's here, the other left. He wasn't good enough to get on the field, doesn't put in the effort, and played stupid games aimed at clowning us and hyping Deion/Colorado.

Anyone who's ever seen a guy take back a girl or an employer take back an employee who left knows it will never be like it was and it won't last.

It's always funny to see people make ridiculous comparisons.

First, is Hayes now trying to go back to the Gators? Let me know when that happens.

Second, Cormani lied to multiple people multiple times. ****, I'll even at @Cribby , who can verify all of the lies and crazy stories coming out of Cormani's camp in December and January of his recruitment. It's not about "one missed visit".

I'm tired of not-really-Miami-fans making up apologist arguments to try to tell us that every recruit does everything the same and that there are no degrees os separation or severity.

Cormani McClain is NOT the same as Adarius Hayes. Plain and simple.

First of all I don’t even know if Cormani is trying to come back lol we are all just discussing hypotheticals in a thread based on a RUMOR

No Hayes didnt run his recruitment exactly like Cormani’s. But he did lie to multiple people in UF’s camp(cited my sources) and we clearly had that dude in the bag for a minute before the news broke that he was at Miami for an OV. Clearly UF didn’t know, clearly their coaches didn’t know but if gaby knew then I **** well knew our coaches knew what was up lol

All im saying is I dont make a blanket statement that I dont want a talented kid because he pulled some shady **** and mislead people in their recruitments when they were jits when I’m over here welcoming Hayes to my roster who did a lot of **** we hating on Cormani for

Again I’m not even saying I want Cormani, just gotta laugh at the clowns that have this false sense of honor in recruiting lol ***** this is recruiting in FL….all in the game yo

Could also add:
Balom
and Malik Bryant (depth issues) also rather lose Bryant than Bobby and if Bobby leaves Robby would leave as well.

Just depends on where Bryant is going to play, he ain’t playing DE for us at 6’2
Eek, I have no dog in this fight and I think Redding has been a great team player who has handled his business off the field. I say this with the upmost respect to him but I don’t give a **** if he sets up the weight room, re racks everyone’s weights and then personally details every players car after practice, it’s time for him to go.

This year will be his 5th year on the roster and I believe he graduates either this spring or summer, if not already so he’s been “rewarded” for his hard work with a degree but part of building culture is having cutthroat competition for every spot and after 4 years he offers none. I know you’re just using him as an example but I would counter that and say he’s an example of someone whose time it is to move on.

This ain’t a rebuild anymore, if you aren’t an underclassman and aren’t contributing u can kick rocks to the portal.

One's here, the other left. He wasn't good enough to get on the field, doesn't put in the effort, and played stupid games aimed at clowning us and hyping Deion/Colorado.

Anyone who's ever seen a guy take back a girl or an employer take back an employee who left knows it will never be like it was and it won't last.

I mean I can give you multiple examples of you being hypocritical about this but you are clearly dug in and are taking it personally still that this kid chased the bigger bag and showed his ***

I’m not, it’s a business especially these days in CFB

I’d take osama bin Laden mossing nikkas at WR if it meant we’d win another title I don’t give a F

Advertisement
Post in thread 'Adarius Hayes LB Largo OV this weekend' https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/adarius-hayes-lb-largo-ov-this-weekend.189328/post-6979067

Post in thread 'Adarius Hayes LB Largo OV this weekend' https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/adarius-hayes-lb-largo-ov-this-weekend.189328/post-6979133

I think these were the ones. Not trying to stir the pot but I did remember that being mentioned.
Yup. He ghosted him for a visit. I don’t recall the circumstances but since that’s what the @Brock Berlin was raising, that’s fair. Still not comparable behavior overall in those recruitments but fair point.

I mean I can give you multiple examples of you being hypocritical about this but you are clearly dug in and are taking it personally still that this kid chased the bigger bag and showed his ***

I’m not, it’s a business especially these days in CFB

I’d take osama bin Laden mossing nikkas at WR if it meant we’d win another title I don’t give a F
Please show me where I supported bringing a lazy player with no meaningful stats and a bad work ethic.

We're not talking about Kool-Aid McKinstry here. There will be better coming along without the baggage.

Eek, I have no dog in this fight and I think Redding has been a great team player who has handled his business off the field. I say this with the upmost respect to him but I don’t give a **** if he sets up the weight room, re racks everyone’s weights and then personally details every players car after practice, it’s time for him to go.

This year will be his 5th year on the roster and I believe he graduates either this spring or summer, if not already so he’s been “rewarded” for his hard work with a degree but part of building culture is having cutthroat competition for every spot and after 4 years he offers none. I know you’re just using him as an example but I would counter that and say he’s an example of someone whose time it is to move on.
I agree 100% but to play devils advocate, why would you say no to Cormani (even though I would) when you let the following happen?

- Take Burroughs after he got kicked out of Bama for punching coach
- Pay TVD more money after he exploited Miami by flirting with Bama
- Continue to play George/JW after numerous bonehead penalties
- Continuously keep kids who are threatening to leave if they don’t get paid more

It’s one way or the other, if you’re all about winning then be all about winning. If the character and culture speak is just some media BS, then you would take Cormani.

We don't need players who don't give effort. Haven't we seen enough of players who've been told they're a special talent and think that's enough to carry them?

Study. Prepare. Be on time for meetings, show up to the darn meetings. Understand what we're doing as a scheme. Want to play this game, desire to play this game, desire to be the best in this game in practice, in the film room and on your own free time.

He's a college freshman. Maybe some of us here are so old we forgot how irresponsible we were at 18.

Cristobal should talk with him. If Cristobal thinks McClain isn't salvegable, then I trust his eval.

Advertisement
I agree 100% but to play devils advocate, why would you say no to Cormani (even though I would) when you let the following happen?

- Continuously keep kids who are threatening to leave if they don’t get paid more

It’s one way or the other, if you’re all about winning then be all about winning. If the character and culture speak is just some media BS, then you would take Cormani.
I'll add why would you allow him to stay after getting in a fight with your star center? I get we needed bodies, but he made zero impact.

He's a college freshman. Maybe some of us here are so old we forgot how irresponsible we were at 18.

Cristobal should talk with him. If Cristobal thinks McClain isn't salvegable, then I trust his eval.
True, and I get that, but when you're busy burning a bridge, that becomes difficult. It isn't like the Nyjalik situation where he did the upside down U and apologized. He isn't putting in the effort. People were beside themselves about TVD not having the WR phone numbers as if them texting is the equivalent of putting in time practicing and watching film.

At the end of the day, if Mario decides he's worthwhile, I'll trust his evaluation, but we've seen that he's not 100% and I don't think Cormani will reach his potential here or anywhere else, especially if he thinks talent is all a 6'2' 165 DB needs.

I’m not the one X’ing Cormani over him/his family lying to us and others in recruiting

That’s you

We going to keep it a buck and apply this across the board or just ignore kids doing the same when it benefits us? Just need to know how much of what you type u really believe lol
Brotha this is CIS, leave all that accountability nonsense on 247.

Advertisement
I don’t really care about character issues or any of that crap. The kid couldn’t get on the field despite playing on one of the least talented defenses in the P5. If you can’t beat out Colorado DBs not named Travis Hunter, are you really any good?

I wouldn’t automatically say no to Cormani or any other player whose previous stop didn’t go according to expectations. Sometimes things don’t workout because of the player, the staff or both. In the hypothetical scenario that he did want a second chance here that would be up to Mario to meet with him to feel him out, set the expectations, see if he’s genuinely bought into Mario’s vision, determine whether the potential is worth the risk and make the decision on a case by case basis.

Sometimes kids/adults make mistakes or don’t handle themselves correctly but are genuinely remorseful and looking to make a change for the better. If Mario is the judge of character, evaluator and recruiter that we say he is than more often than not he’ll make the right decision. Doesn’t mean he won’t make mistakes like Burroughs but that shouldn’t stop him from treating each case on an individual basis.

Advertisement

That’s you

Just shut up already. You know NOTHING. You are trying to equate two completely different situations, and I'm not even going to spend the time to document ALL of the lying that took place with Cormani.

Unlike you, I know the whole history on both recruits, I don't need to pull old threads. And unlike you, I can read a post from @Felonious Monk and know what he is talking about without having to parse every detail. It's about FAR MORE than "showing up to someone's house". I know enough about both recruitments to know that detail is just the "public" part of what happened.

Cormani and his mother lied, over and over and over again. I have text message conversations with multiple people, including @Cribby , where we were all fact-checking the Cormani lies. Another poster can tell you that I contacted him in order to reach out to the Ruiz family regarding one particular detail that turned out to be a complete lie by Cormani and his mother. There was SO MUCH lying with Cormani, including his planned enrollment date. But in particular, since you have chosen to OBSESS over the false equivalency of the "ghosted official visits", Miami had multiple coaches flying into Tampa and driving over to Lakeland to meet with Cormani and his family. The HS coach knew about it. But even more, Cormani and his mother "debunked" the rumors of him visiting Colorado, both in conversations with the coaching staff and on social media. The Miami staff confirmed the visit with Cormani and his mother.

With Adarius Hayes, if you read WHAT YOU COPY-PASTED, the Florida fans were upset because Hayes reiterated his commitment a month earlier, not a day earlier. The "visit" was from his position coach, who drove to his house and didn't take a flight with multiple other coaches. There had been rumors for over a month that Hayes was flipping to Miami, but the Florida fans and coaches simply didn't want to believe it.

Every last-minute unexpected flip is difficult. The Gator was still hurting over the loss of Citizen. But the two situations are not the same, no matter how many times you oversimplify and repeat it.

Mario certainly has his faults, but does anyone really think he is going to have dead wood on the squad if he can upgrade? So dont worry about numbers, who may or may not go in the portal, it will all work out in the end.

Last edited:
What is Reuben Bain doing then?

Bryant isn’t nearly the freak athlete Bain is

I mean just because James Harrison was an all pro pass rusher at 6’0 doesn’t mean every 6’0 dude is going to be

Bryant was a tweener coming out of HS and I’m not sure he’s shown us one way or another where he will excel at. But he was just a FR last year so excited to see him get more run this year, just like Cormani was

Advertisement
Back