2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a time in the near future where Cormani publicly states “Miami is still my school, and I will be signing with them in February”…

Whatever you do, PLEASE don’t fall for it.

This is the next ploy by Deion to make it seem like CU has no chance due to the leak (thank you Gaby). Its going to be downright disrespectful (he had Travis Hunter throw his alma maters hat, what do you think he’s about to orchestrate for UM?).
Then at that very moment, Miami can publicly terminate his offer and wish him the best in Colorado.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why does this kid still have an offer from UM? Pull that **** and move on! We don’t want this TOXICITY in the program!

Because their Lord and Savior told them to.
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Advertisement
10.37 in the 1, 20.8 in the 200. For as fast as cuz was in the 100, I truly feel like he could've won some medals in the 200. That 20.8 was a Top 5 time nationally in spite of him hating track and barely competing in the event. I'm sure I can count on my fingers how many times he ran the 2, and that 20.8 came by the 5th time he ran it.

I know Pat was a 10.7 kid and that's scootin' in his own right. Even more impressive when you consider that the kid was **** near 200 pounds. He could've been telling folks that he played LB and a layman would've ate that lie up.

I can’t think of a more dominant CB tandem in HS. Reminded me of the football version of Tootie & Keyon in the backcourt at Dillard...

That's moving and that 200 while not even really giving it serious consideration is impressive. Wonder what he could've done if he made that a priority.

No doubt, I can't think of a better one two punch. Gotta be proud of that young man.

Advertisement
Why does this kid still have an offer from UM? Pull that **** and move on! We don’t want this TOXICITY in the program!
Agreed. Pull it publicly the moment he says he “is still committed to Miami.” Wish him luck in Colorado. If he was privately having doubts, too bad. His camp forced the issue with their games. We’ve made the choice for them.

And I am all about talent acquisition, but this is ridiculous. There is no shot here - none whatsoever. We are being made a mockery and willing playing along towards and outcome that is already completely predetermined.

Last edited:
Agreed. Pull it publicly the moment he says he “is still committed to Miami.” Wish him luck in Colorado. If he was privately having doubts, too bad. He forced the issue with his games. We’ve made the choice for him.

And I am all about talent acquisition, but this is ridiculous. There is no shot here - none whatsoever. We are being made a mockery and willing playing along towards and outcome that is already completely predetermined.
I ain’t really trying to read back, Mafukkas talking about everything but what happened with this kid in this thread lol. But from what I gathered, all he did was visit them and say he did not right? How does this equate to UM having no shot here anymore? It seems y’all being too harsh on the kid, or did I miss something.

Will be interesting to see the stories of how much of these big deals actually go to the players and how much of the money gets siphoned off by handlers or whoever else.

If the NCAA, conferences or states had a real interest in regulating NIL would make sense to put a percentage in a trust until graduation or some other similar idea to protect the athletes
You are 100% correct but as @TheOriginalCane wrote, there is just no lever for the NCAA to pull to do much with NIL. I won’t repeat his explanation but NIL really has become the opening of Pandora’s Box.

I ain’t really trying to read back, Mafukkas talking about everything but what happened with this kid in this thread lol. But from what I gathered, all he did was visit them and say he did not right? How does this equate to UM having no shot here anymore? It seems y’all being too harsh on the kid, or did I miss something.
The way I understand it (and I could be wrong, easily) is that:

• Cormani's camp had an agreed to NIL deal with Miami, and on NSD elements in Colorado exceeded it
  • Miami then matched, but Cormani's camp then wanted DVD immediately promoted to an on field position
  • Cormani took a secret visit to Colorado. That's fine, except he told everyone he was still in Florida
  • Miami exposed this by the entire coaching staff taking a visit to Lakeland
  • Cormani "visited" Colorado with the intent of signing with them on 1/15. Except he can't, and his camp did not realize it. Now Cormani's camp has had to back shuffle and pretend that they are still invested in Miami
  • The clear intent is to sign with Colorado the moment the clock strikes 2/1, when he can legitimately sign

And I don't blame him personally, but he's being steered in this direction by his advisors.

Advertisement

• Cormani's camp had an agreed to NIL deal with Miami, and on NSD elements in Colorado exceeded it
  • Miami then matched, but Cormani's camp then wanted DVD immediately promoted to an on field position
  • Cormani took a secret visit to Colorado. That's fine, except he told everyone he was still in Florida
  • Cormani "visited" Colorado with the intent of signing with them on 1/15. Except he can't, and his camp did not realize it. Now Cormani's camp has had to back shuffle and pretend that they are still invested in Miami
  • The clear intent is to sign with Colorado the moment the clock strikes 2/1, when he can legitimately sign

And I don't blame him personally, but he's being steered in this direction by his advisors.
All sounds plausible. I would love to read a tell-all to this recruitment by one o four insiders whenever he signs on whichever dotted line (probably Colorado's, I know).

which is why the "kid" is a jerk. if he is going to Colorado be a man and decomit from miami. I have no respect for this behavior.

Advertisement
which is why the "kid" is a jerk. if he is going to Colorado be a man and decomit from miami. I have no respect for this behavior.
Agreed. For a while people tried to push back on folks looking at this suspiciously and now that it looks like we have a handle on how it went down, I agree on him not handling this well.

Don't forget he showed up at his All star game decked out in Miami gear and throwing up the U and making it seem like he was all Miami.

To me that was the clear moment of "trolling".

Penn gaming didn't buy Barstool because of their NLI deals (NLI wasn't a thing when they purchased Barstool) they bought them because of their built-in engaged user-base and tapping this base for legalized sports gambling. Point to me one podcast, blog, documentary, T-shirt, or some piece of content that Travis Hunter has endorsed or marketed for Barstool that they've monetized. I'm genuinely curious because if you're paying a guy 6/7 figures I would at least expect to see 1 thing that associates him with the brand. This article is outdated, so TFWIW but it seems to imply he didn't have a deal with Barstool: https://sports.yahoo.com/source-travis-hunter-does-not-005654316.html

You missed the point by a country mile.

Yes, there are "direct" methods for monetizing. Selling a t-shirt is a direct method. Print a t-shirt with a kid's name and Barstool's name, and then sell it.

BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

I am talking about the general concept of enhancing your overall brand, to the point where the value of the business is MORE THAN the revenue on the P&L. That's when buyers OVERPAY for a company (relative to earnings). Goodwill and Going Concern Value. I've seen it dozens of times over 25 years of working in the corporate world.

And, again, this is not just "built-in engaged user-base" for Penn Gaming (and I've worked with Penn Gaming before, so I know their business). If "builit-in engaged user-base" was the sole purpose, Penn Gaming could just license it. Let Barstool keep being Barstool, and just do a joint venture where Penn markets to Barstool's mailing list.

But a full-blown acquisition goes beyond that. It is an attempt to procure the "cool factor" associated with Barstool. Which is tied into Barstool being a "rogue badass" website. As just an example, Barstool LOVES the uncertainty and vagueness associated with GUESSING whether (and how much) they are paying Hunter and McClain and anyone else.

So what I was ACTUALLY talking about is the way a company "monetizes" a situation by making the COMPANY more valuable in an indirect sense. What was Barstool known for BEFORE Travis Hunter and Cormani McClain? A guy stuffing his face with pizza? But how are we talking about them NOW? Obviously, whether anyone is 100% accurate or not, we are talking about Barstool being a Corporate Baba Yaga that is funding Neon Deion and Travis Hunter and Cormani McClain.

The bottom line is simple. If a guy like Portnoy thinks "hey, what kind of return can I expect if I pay a million or two to Travis Hunter", he is lookig at it NOT JUST as direct return on investment (t-shirts, ads, etc.), but also as a MULTIPLIED return on investment that comes from the value of his company going up in an acquisition. That's all. And that's different from John Ruiz, who is NOT looking to sell LifeWallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back