2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unc came home from up the road i was on the white ice honey buns with the peanut butter on top šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ we didnā€™t do the frail ****
That reminds me of when my big cuzzo came home off his looong stretch. Had ya boy mixing maple syrup with the JIF Smooth for pancakes & waffles. Had me looking like a Mack Truck with no trailer(I'm only 5'10" lol)...

Advertisement
Was it really just that they were unsure if the new dorms would be ready When he got there?
Could be but that's not how the news was delivered to me. That could've very well been the case but I don't think so. I've got ******** and well-adjusted folks in my family, Tyson's parents are in the latter group. I'm sure they can distinguish between uncertainty in the dorms being completed and flat out "we don't know where he'll live right now ". **** shame either way...

Imma keep it 100 w/ u Fam-o,

We didnā€™t have the infrastructure during that time to get the best out of TC or PS2, bruh. From top to bottom, it was a mess. Honestly, that yr my perspective changed. Yeah, u know I wanted him here, too, but would he had been an early 2nd round pick coming to Miami vs. UGA? Like, fans can complain about local kids not staying home during that period, but I literally said, if I was a parent or unc of a high profiled kid, no way they were coming here. Hella unorganized & then once I got wind of how their OVs wentā€¦.bruh!

Anyways, happy for my boy, man. Him & Surtain r looking & living up to the hype. Happy for the fam, too. U been a solid one despite TC going elsewhere. Everyone done bounced the scene & u stayed right here.
Appreciate that Blood. It's one thing I always let be known, I'm a mother****in' CANE til I ain't here no more. Wasn't no butthurt clowns finna make me vacate CIS, and we coulda met in the Blue Lot if they thought I wasn't standing on that. I'ma always wanna see my kin do well, that's why I have a soft spot for the Jags and Eagles but nothing's gonna move me off my Canes or Fins...

He's related to Tyson?

How in the **** didn't I know that if that's the case?

I gotta admit, I tuned out their recruitment. Real serious elite schools after them and all we got is someone who coached them at one point. I knew how that script was flowing. Got into is with Franchise over it, saying how our state mattered more than connections.

Anyhow, enough about that. Don't blame them one bit, I wouldn't have sent a kid of mine to play for a coaching staff I didn't believe in. That's not disrespect to Rumph, but NFL draft picks do get the winning program bump. Play with better talent, you're going to look better and as a player, you're going to push harder or that guy behind you is going to snatch your spot.
Yeah fam Tyson's grandpa is my granny's little brother. Our moms are 1st cousins. I put the battery in his back and was his original hypeman. Every prediction I made about him came true thanks to him staying humble and bustin his ***...

I made a similar comment a few days ago when the writing was on the wall and a few people said my comment was embarrassing.
@bobbydigius

Itā€™s not wrong to say that a parent is not acting in their childā€™s best interest, and that it would be in the best interest of the young person to separate from their parent in an important issue. Parents only ***** over their kids happens hundreds of times a day in every context, and even more so when money is involved; see every single child actor/musician in history. The parent does not always do it on purpose but that really does not make a difference in the life of the young person.
Will be interesting to see the stories of how much of these big deals actually go to the players and how much of the money gets siphoned off by handlers or whoever else.

If the NCAA, conferences or states had a real interest in regulating NIL would make sense to put a percentage in a trust until graduation or some other similar idea to protect the athletes

Advertisement
So did he flip? Theyā€™re saying he did on YouTube but I ainā€™t seen anywhere else. If he ainā€™t do it yet, I donā€™t see it happening..

The best way to calm the insanity down is bringing back sitting out a year if you leave. Only if thereā€™s a head coach change or a legit reason to get a waiver. Itā€™s free agency right now and itā€™s hurting Cfb.

Itā€™s gone from the program having all the power to the kid having it all. You get your money but you can just leave when a school / collective offers you more.

The stories I hear are just unbelievable , a kid has a decent year and heā€™s demanding six figures or else. Itā€™s lunacy.
I knew paying them would be baaaaaaad but u couldn't defend not paying them. Double edge sword. The sit out a year is the only fix

Advertisement
Yeah fam Tyson's grandpa is my granny's little brother. Our moms are 1st cousins. I put the battery in his back and was his original hypeman. Every prediction I made about him came true thanks to him staying humble and bustin his ***...

Right on. Kid always seemed humble back then. Almost like he didn't know he had the talent he had, etc. Hope he's stayed that way.

Still remember a play from their senior year when Tyson got beat a bit on the sideline and he was closing the receiver down, but Surtain got their from the middle of the field first. We knew Tyson could fly, but I was like ****, Surtain has elite speed as well. Came out of nowhere like a rocket.

Off hand, what kind of track times did Tyson put up his last year if you recall.

You're also **** right in your other post, family always comes first.

My biggest issue with all of this is Mario/DVD kept everything quiet and low key like they wanted. Never putting his business out like that. To openly string them along is shady as ****. Heā€™s a good talent and Iā€™m not gonna lie to myself about his abilities to make him going to CU easier to rationalize. But this looks like a major bullet dodged.
Beautifully put. Heā€™s got insane talent, but he can go off to CU. Playing these types of games with a staff thatā€™s been nothing but respectful (with the legitimacy of their careers to back it up) to him and his family is gross tbh. I get clowning a school and what not, but this is basic human decency (dipping out of town when you knew a staff was going up to visit you).

I also donā€™t think Deion is a good coach, at least not yet. Canā€™t wait to see him exposed at P5 level. Travis Hunter is a beast, but is he a beast without the most talented DL and facing WRs that have been gone against P5 competition for years? Weā€™ll see. Then youā€™ll face questions about Deionā€™s ability to develop players etc. Cormani will face a similar fate. Sucks for him, wish him the best. Worst part is that theyā€™re going to suck and then heā€™s going to freeze all while getting ZERO national TV attention because none of his games will be broadcast because his team sucks.

Go Canes!

Forgot which one of these we derailed into the BBQ thread. Pretty sure it was this one.

Working on something for tomorrow.

Screenshot_20230118_222926_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230118_233709_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230118_233654_Gallery.jpg

Advertisement
There will be a time in the near future where Cormani publicly states ā€œMiami is still my school, and I will be signing with them in Februaryā€ā€¦

Whatever you do, PLEASE donā€™t fall for it.

This is the next ploy by Deion to make it seem like CU has no chance due to the leak (thank you Gaby). Its going to be downright disrespectful (he had Travis Hunter throw his alma maters hat, what do you think heā€™s about to orchestrate for UM?).
Real housewives of Atlanta is more authentic than this recruitment

the FTC might take offense to the non compete clause, they are seeking to invalidate ALL of them. i don't think they have the legal authority to do so, but that doesn't seem to matter much anymore.
I don't see how that could happen if NIL deals are supposed to have no connection to the school the recruit chooses to attend.

At this point itā€™s clear McClain isnā€™t coming instead of a massive flip
should just pull his scholarship offer
At least he wonā€™t get trolled anymore
I understand the sentiment of wanting to pull a scholly to prevent trolling. Imo Iā€™m just not a fan of pulling schollies, let our offer sit on the table and continue trying to recruit even if it looks fruitless.

Make sure to show him our wire transfer record and the clip of the Colorado AD saying they donā€™t have the funds to pay deion. Miami money is as good as the old McDonald bags, not collectives Monopoly money

Advertisement
I don't see how that could happen if NIL deals are supposed to have no connection to the school the recruit chooses to attend.
Only way to keep a recruit ā€œtiedā€ legally from what Iā€™ve heard is, for example required media shoots that lifewallet has in miami

Right on. Kid always seemed humble back then. Almost like he didn't know he had the talent he had, etc. Hope he's stayed that way.

Still remember a play from their senior year when Tyson got beat a bit on the sideline and he was closing the receiver down, but Surtain got their from the middle of the field first. We knew Tyson could fly, but I was like ****, Surtain has elite speed as well. Came out of nowhere like a rocket.

Off hand, what kind of track times did Tyson put up his last year if you recall.

You're also **** right in your other post, family always comes first.
10.37 in the 1, 20.8 in the 200. For as fast as cuz was in the 100, I truly feel like he could've won some medals in the 200. That 20.8 was a Top 5 time nationally in spite of him hating track and barely competing in the event. I'm sure I can count on my fingers how many times he ran the 2, and that 20.8 came by the 5th time he ran it.

I know Pat was a 10.7 kid and that's scootin' in his own right. Even more impressive when you consider that the kid was **** near 200 pounds. He could've been telling folks that he played LB and a layman would've ate that lie up.

I canā€™t think of a more dominant CB tandem in HS. Reminded me of the football version of Tootie & Keyon in the backcourt at Dillard...

Uh, Barstool Sports being purchased by Penn Gaming...
Penn gaming didn't buy Barstool because of their NLI deals (NLI wasn't a thing when they purchased Barstool) they bought them because of their built-in engaged user-base and tapping this base for legalized sports gambling. Point to me one podcast, blog, documentary, T-shirt, or some piece of content that Travis Hunter has endorsed or marketed for Barstool that they've monetized. I'm genuinely curious because if you're paying a guy 6/7 figures I would at least expect to see 1 thing that associates him with the brand. This article is outdated, so TFWIW but it seems to imply he didn't have a deal with Barstool: https://sports.yahoo.com/source-travis-hunter-does-not-005654316.html

10.37 in the 1, 20.8 in the 200. For as fast as cuz was in the 100, I truly feel like he could've won some medals in the 200. That 20.8 was a Top 5 time nationally in spite of him hating track and barely competing in the event. I'm sure I can count on my fingers how many times he ran the 2, and that 20.8 came by the 5th time he ran it.

I know Pat was a 10.7 kid and that's scootin' in his own right. Even more impressive when you consider that the kid was **** near 200 pounds. He could've been telling folks that he played LB and a layman would've ate that lie up.

I canā€™t think of a more dominant CB tandem in HS. Reminded me of the football version of Tootie & Keyon in the backcourt at Dillard...
U ain't lying that tandem was nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back