2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
From ON3 this morning:

Speaking to a source close to the situation in Lakeland on Wednesday morning, it appears that Miami remains an option.

“He’s committed to Miami still but is playing the game,” . “I know how secretive the kid is. I think they are still waiting (to make a final decision). If they knew what they were going to do they would have announced it already.”

The source also said that not only did McClain keep Miami coaches in the dark about his Colorado visit, but he also kept the Lakeland High coaching staff in the dark. The net result of that was Miami sending up its entire defensive staff to Lakeland High on Friday unaware that McClain was already on his way to Boulder,

“Nobody knew anything about it,” the source said. “He’s just having fun.”

The source also said that a film crew has begun following McClain around, apparently part of a documentary that his mother told a reporter about back in December. It was described as “a group” of camera people by the source.

It all makes for quite the recruitment.

This is the recipe so far: Top recruit + secrecy + documentary = chaos.

Oh, and let’s also throw this in: Per the source, apparently the McClain family was unaware that he couldn’t sign anywhere Jan. 15. Originally Cormani was telling people that he would be signing this past Sunday.

Of course, that was impossible. The three-day December signing window had long since passed. And the next window to sign a binding letter-of-intent doesn’t start until Feb. 1.

“I don’t think they realized that,” the source said.

Now there will likely be a couple of more weeks of drama, as Miami apparently will still take McClain if he opts to stick with his commitment.

So what will ultimately be the final stop of this bizarre recruiting road show?
“Didn’t realize the binding letter-of-intent days.”

Animated GIF

All lies is what I see. I love it when dumb people assume everyone is as dumb as them.

Advertisement
I’ve said this from the jump.

They need to bring back the rule of 1 year out if you transfer. It’s the only thing that I can see that would slow down this madness.

Also, 2 max transfer rule (You can only transfer 1 time as an undergrad. The second allowable transfer is if you’re a grad transfer) - so the Jackson’s of the world can’t transfer 2 times as undergrads.
Fax

These kids and their parent have been told repeatedly when they can sign. At one point Miami expected him to sign that Friday. Trust me he knew.
I would use Gabby, Ferman, Navarro - whomever, to get it out there now, today, 1/18 - that Miami Miami wishes Cormani the best in his future endeavors but will no longer have a spot for him in the upcoming class.

How, in good conscience, can you sell a kid like this that he’s a good investment from an NIL perspective and your locker culture to boot? I wouldn’t want to pay him.

Book closed!!!

I agree but it's going to take him a few years to get his weight up if his body can keep the weight. I remember Pope getting manhandled by Boston College DBs during his freshman year at about the same weight. Power 5 football is a lot different than HS.
This was my initial concern and why I mentioned he needed to enroll early to get in a college SC environment ASAP. He would put on weight quick.. just 10 pounds would make a difference and him being a top 3 player in country, the politics alone dont allow you to sit him with our cbs we have.. You would have to play him unless you have 1st round locks starting for you..

Top players like that have to get baptized good or bad..

Advertisement
My man you’re not wrong haha

This time last year I brought up I was concerned about TVD and got destroyed here

I know how it works

This kid likely starts every single game of his career here and changes our secondary instantly
FACTS.

Good or bad just because of profile he will be on field and getting baptized.

i get that point of view. im also on the side of talent acquisition. hes an elite talent. get him in here and have mario straighten his house out or **** be processed.
I agree with the talent acquisition and felt differently before the whole secret visit and being a no show meeting with the coaches.

If there is no trust or the party has no honor. I would not be getting into any significant business deals with folks like that. It rarely, if ever works out in the end.

Not to mention, If his recruitment causes this much drama, What do you think is going to happen if Brown or someone else starts to see more meaningful reps early on because he weighs 25lbs more. You think his camp is not going to be shopping around every year?

Regardless, I think there is a very slim chance he even signings here. Looking at his actions, I’m pretty sure he is just string UM along for publicity, for when he flips to Colorado.

I agree with the talent acquisition and felt differently before the whole secret visit and being a no show meeting with the coaches.

If there is no trust or the party has no honor. I would not be getting into any significant business deals with folks like that. It rarely, if ever works out in the end.

Not to mention, If his recruitment causes this much drama, What do you think is going to happen if Brown or someone else starts to see more meaningful reps early on because he weighs 25lbs more. You think his camp is not going to be shopping around every year?

Regardless, I think there is a very slim chance he even signings here. Looking at his actions, I’m pretty sure he is just string UM along for publicity, for when he flips to Colorado.
i dont have an issue with that in terms of your opinion. id rather get the talent and figure it out later but i certainly respect your opinion with that bc 100 percent there is a ton of mistrust now.

I would use Gabby, Ferman, Navarro - whomever, to get it out there now, today, 1/18 - that Miami Miami wishes Cormani the best in his future endeavors but will no longer have a spot for him in the upcoming class.

How, in good conscience, can you sell a kid like this that he’s a good investment from an NIL perspective and your locker culture to boot? I wouldn’t want to pay him.

Book closed!!!
Yea f that kid

Advertisement

Brown ain't no ball hawk but he's nasty, going to be good

How anyone can read this and not come away thinking that his mom is a complete drag on this kid, and quite possibly an idiot, is beyond me.
Not being present for a meeting is a major red flag to me that a young person is not being raised with appropriate values. Kids from homes with mature role models don’t play games like this. And they certainly know the rules for when they can and cannot sign an NLI.

And kids like this rarely end up being as successful as their talent would dictate because they lack the discipline needed to be great. This is not the young person’s fault as we are all products of our upbringing. But it is 100% the faulty of the immature and irresponsible adult(s).
This was the line I had the biggest issue with:

“Nobody knew anything about it,” the source said. “He’s just having fun.”

My biggest issue with all of this is Mario/DVD kept everything quiet and low key like they wanted. Never putting his business out like that. To openly string them along is shady as ****. He’s a good talent and I’m not gonna lie to myself about his abilities to make him going to CU easier to rationalize. But this looks like a major bullet dodged.

My biggest issue with all of this is Mario/DVD kept everything quiet and low key like they wanted. Never putting his business out like that. To openly string them along is shady as ****. He’s a good talent and I’m not gonna lie to myself about his abilities to make him going to CU easier to rationalize. But this looks like a major bullet dodged.
tbh, if i were a recruit and i hopped onto this board and saw posts not just this one thread but all of them, id prolly think let me troll these old corny mfers w no lives too lol. i dont agree with trolling coaches and dont like that no matter who the coach or the kid is esp if theyre up front and honest with you. fans whatever troll all of us for all i care.

Advertisement
Makes you wonder if the whole “ privacy “ thing was just a front or bs. Because the Colorado coach connected to Lakeland I’ve mentioned has an enormous mouth. So if he goes to CU it was never about keeping things quiet.

PS2 was certainly more college ready and an ultra premium prospect. I think that Cormani may very well be the best prospect since Patrick Johnson but I’m sure as **** not gonna argue with you about PS2 because an argument can be made that PS2 is/was better than all of them.

The one thing I do want to bring up though is the revisionist history of what people thought of PS2 back in 2017 especially when it looked like we never had a chance. PS2 was maxed out and just didn’t have as high of a ceiling. He actually wasn’t that good at coverage, and didnt have as high of a ceiling as the guy we thought we had a chance at in T Campbell.

I brought it up then that people were crazy. It was just like now, rationalization and copium.
The maxed out argument is a silly one tho cause he only got better in college and the pros. Kinda reminds me of what they say about Brandon innis lol

Book closed!!!
Not saying I disagree but if there was an area I would put blind faith into Mario to do what’s necessary it’s things like this

He knows the recruiting game but also don’t think he’s going to sit around and let a kid make a fool of him

Some probably feel he already has but those same people don’t know the details of what’s going on

Advertisement

Book closed!!!
I'd leave the offer open, but wouldn't have any further contact. A true "take it or leave it." I actually suspect the staff already did this.

And, with the caveat that the position will be recruited.

Makes you wonder if the whole “ privacy “ thing was just a front or bs. Because the Colorado coach connected to Lakeland I’ve mentioned has an enormous mouth. So if he goes to CU it was never about keeping things quiet.
True. Never thought of that. I hope the kid/his camp know what they are doing.

Book closed!!!
True, true.......he should be paying us to even open the door of the locker room.........cancer spreads.........love your post ...book closed.......locked too....

The maxed out argument is a silly one tho cause he only got better in college and the pros. Kinda reminds me of what they say about Brandon innis lol
It turned out to be ridiculous but it was definitely the narrative. People in general are unaware of their biases, on these CFB boards they are a paradigm. Innis was maxed out because he committed elsewhere. If he was a Cane he would have been would have been called a no nonsense leader with having the right mentality to make it to the league. We do this every cycle. We also make fun of this exact thing as a group in Gator Tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back