2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funniest thing of it all? On3 just dropped him a ton. 247 and Ivins have hinted he will be dropping next update. By the time it’s all said and done he will have been the 3rd highest ranked commit in canes class… does he have potential? Of course. But he is NOT the prospect we thought he was (on the field or off).

We move.
the rankings are BS overall. 247 dropped bc on3 dropped him. they dropped him and ricks. so is ricks not good anymore? nah just bc a random ranking service (which we know on3 is flawed af) says something doesnt mean its true

Advertisement
I can count one one hand how many kids that pull this type of drama actually work out in the end.

He'll be in the portal after a year if he actually got Deion to con him into going there.
It’s just such a bad decision all the way around. UGA, Bama, OSU - fine because you know as a TF CB you’ll be supported and surrounded by some talented players that will help you look good. At least with Miami, we will be competitive and he won’t have to carry the entire secondary as a TF.

At Colorado, he’s going to be targeted early and often, and you know opposing coaches are going to draw up plays so that he will be forced to tackle RBs, TEs and big WRs. I know I would.

Very bad program, first time playing consistently in cold, snowy weather (I learned that the hard way myself), a new HC under a microscope taking over a bad roster, long way from home, and I don’t see them winning more than 3 games and the losses will be brutal losses.

Why would you sign up for that??

And he’s going to strut into that fragile locker room with everyone knowing he’s that $13M kid while 90% of those guys haven’t gotten ****. Can’t wait to see the press conferences when they are 1-7 and Deion shows up all indignant and combative…

Portal in a year. Book it.

but I’m a proponent of paying these kids and treating them the same as you would any other student.

An engineering student is a free and singular person operating in an open market. A college football player is part of a system. There's no engineering league that you're required to work in.

There's a reason regulation exists and it's to protect the overall system it governs. You can't just say players should make all the money they want and be able to do whatever they want because the system won't/can't support it.

Nope I agree with you, it is a bad loss and he is still at a bad enough school he can convince 1-3 kids a year to troll and commit out of the blue and has that unfair advantage. i.e. I do not see a top ranked OL commiting ever mid-season to CO to give Mario a chance to flip him later on as it is strength vs. strength Mario's forte is obviously OL, Deon is obviously CB.
Mario has to body him on the trail next cycle send a message that Colorado is Colorado everything sucks there

Surtain was the better prospect in comparison to McClain. Surtain's body was college ready, faster, and played superior competition. People just gave up on challenging him.

McClain will be good, but that frame is tiny. Lance Leggett tiny, so I'm not sure how he's going to do adding good weight. I don't ever see him approaching Surtain's level in college or in the pro's.
PS2 was certainly more college ready and an ultra premium prospect. I think that Cormani may very well be the best prospect since Patrick Johnson but I’m sure as **** not gonna argue with you about PS2 because an argument can be made that PS2 is/was better than all of them.

The one thing I do want to bring up though is the revisionist history of what people thought of PS2 back in 2017 especially when it looked like we never had a chance. PS2 was maxed out and just didn’t have as high of a ceiling. He actually wasn’t that good at coverage, and didnt have as high of a ceiling as the guy we thought we had a chance at in T Campbell.

I brought it up then that people were crazy. It was just like now, rationalization and copium.

Advertisement
@JHallCanes these guys wasnt saying that when he committed, you would get stoned for saying this stuff back then, these dudes just tryna cope.. I know you see it, lol..
My man you’re not wrong haha

This time last year I brought up I was concerned about TVD and got destroyed here

I know how it works

This kid likely starts every single game of his career here and changes our secondary instantly

There will be a time in the near future where Cormani publicly states “Miami is still my school, and I will be signing with them in February”…

Whatever you do, PLEASE don’t fall for it.

This is the next ploy by Deion to make it seem like CU has no chance due to the leak (thank you Gaby). Its going to be downright disrespectful (he had Travis Hunter throw his alma maters hat, what do you think he’s about to orchestrate for UM?).

I was one who bought up his weight when everyone was caping for him after he committed so I get but lets not all jump on bandwagon now and circle jerk like he sucks.. Sauce gardner went first round and he probably came into a program same weight.. If he can cover and lock down with his height and weight he will BALL OUT..
I agree but it's going to take him a few years to get his weight up if his body can keep the weight. I remember Pope getting manhandled by Boston College DBs during his freshman year at about the same weight. Power 5 football is a lot different than HS.

From ON3 this morning:

Speaking to a source close to the situation in Lakeland on Wednesday morning, it appears that Miami remains an option.

“He’s committed to Miami still but is playing the game,” . “I know how secretive the kid is. I think they are still waiting (to make a final decision). If they knew what they were going to do they would have announced it already.”

The source also said that not only did McClain keep Miami coaches in the dark about his Colorado visit, but he also kept the Lakeland High coaching staff in the dark. The net result of that was Miami sending up its entire defensive staff to Lakeland High on Friday unaware that McClain was already on his way to Boulder,

“Nobody knew anything about it,” the source said. “He’s just having fun.”

The source also said that a film crew has begun following McClain around, apparently part of a documentary that his mother told a reporter about back in December. It was described as “a group” of camera people by the source.

It all makes for quite the recruitment.

This is the recipe so far: Top recruit + secrecy + documentary = chaos.

Oh, and let’s also throw this in: Per the source, apparently the McClain family was unaware that he couldn’t sign anywhere Jan. 15. Originally Cormani was telling people that he would be signing this past Sunday.

Of course, that was impossible. The three-day December signing window had long since passed. And the next window to sign a binding letter-of-intent doesn’t start until Feb. 1.

“I don’t think they realized that,” the source said.

Now there will likely be a couple of more weeks of drama, as Miami apparently will still take McClain if he opts to stick with his commitment.

So what will ultimately be the final stop of this bizarre recruiting road show?
Jesus Christ.

Advertisement
I was one who bought up his weight when everyone was caping for him after he committed so I get but lets not all jump on bandwagon now and circle jerk like he sucks.. Sauce gardner went first round and he probably came into a program same weight.. If he can cover and lock down with his height and weight he will BALL OUT..
We’re not saying he sucks. Kid has the potential to be very good. But we all know he’s going to have to take S&C very seriously and at this point I’m not confident he’s going to do that no matter where he goes.

Advertisement
My boy Jaycee Horn better than Patrick Surtain 2 and it ain’t even close
It ain’t close?…

DBC37C7B-6A44-4C47-8217-D67883F695A5.jpeg

Pretty sure Deion tried to jump in on the Samson recruitment
But see he's discreet with it if he did, he shows out if he's going to take your guy but quiet when he loses. Creating hype and perception he's smart. He's in commercials with Saban and hasn't done anything as a HC. He was on MNF with the Manning's, dude is smart don't know how tf he does it. He talks that's why, that quiet professional **** is old. Diaz talked but we knew he was trash on the trail

the rankings are BS overall. 247 dropped bc on3 dropped him. they dropped him and ricks. so is ricks not good anymore? nah just bc a random ranking service (which we know on3 is flawed af) says something doesnt mean its true
Sure but it won’t be just on3… 247 composite dropped him due to the composite consisting of on3. 247 individually has not dropped him out of the top 10, but it’s coming. ESPN has hinted to him as “being disappointing” at UAA. So expect both to drop him.

He’s an unreal talent with MASSIVE upside but we were sold this “top 5 highest rated CB ever” when realistically when it’s all said and done he won’t even be graded as a top 35 CB recruit this decade.

Advertisement
Speaking of Gators, does Billy Napier slide ON3 some cash on the side to boost his players rankings?

Wow their latest update they way overrated Gator signees, and made sure to drop McClain who Gators can't stand now.

Also for all the badmouthing of the Pac 12 recently, they are loaded for 2023.

Utah 10-4 return QB
Southern Cal 11-3-return QB
Oregon 10-3 return QB
Washington 11-2 Return QB
Oregon State 10-3 added D.J.
Washington State 7-6 return QB
Arizona made a nice jump to 5-7 could keep improving

Point is Colorado is going to get pounded in many games this year.
Tbh they are in a weak *** conference they can wash in a few years. That conference is str8 doo doo butter

When a kid leaves and breaks his contract the school won’t get a huge buyout like most programs when a coach leaves. So the school / collective spends hundreds of thousands of dollars or more on a scholarship , housing , nutrition , medical , development / coaching then he gets a wild hair up his butt and leaves. So now you have to recruit / negotiate with your entire roster as well as all the HS kids. While agents and other programs are in contact, with a weak and powerless Ncaa overseeing things.

This is already legal pay for play and the school by law has no hand in it. So the NIL contracts aren’t worth the paper they’re written on. A player has a decent year and I mean ” decent “ he demands 300-500 k or else. Even though he has an active deal.

If you don’t want a cap cool , don’t have one but there has to be something in place to slow down the chaos. Right now It’s beyond the wild Wild West.

If people actually knew the insanity that was going on they’d change their minds on making a kid sit one year. It’s a small ask imo.
I’ve said this from the jump.

They need to bring back the rule of 1 year out if you transfer. It’s the only thing that I can see that would slow down this madness.

Also, 2 max transfer rule (You can only transfer 1 time as an undergrad. The second allowable transfer is if you’re a grad transfer) - so the Jackson’s of the world can’t transfer 2 times as undergrads.

Two theories of mine:

1) The "film crew" is Deion's son's film company. Deion's son (I believe Shilo and Jr both are enterprising film dudes)
2) We'll never see the light of the day of that documentary
Anything to fan the flames of the "Coach Prime" brand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back