2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how Deion himself is going to like being 2-9 rolling into Utah in late November.

Their schedule was not set up to do him any favors. If they win 3 games that should be considered a success. Colorado St is probably the only sure "W"
Interested I Like It GIF by UFC
Deion attire on the sidelines when winter hits Colorado

Advertisement
Yeah ps2’s don’t grow on trees. Cormani’s body type at that same age is much more common than pat’s body type
**** right. Jit was every ounce of 190 lbs. by Week 1 of their senior year. He and cuzzo were looking like a Major P5 CB tandem at Heritage. Money looks like he's 15 pounds lighter at this point than Tyson was, and he was the slimmer of he and Lil Pat...

Advertisement
**** right. Jit was every ounce of 190 lbs. by Week 1 of their senior year. He and cuzzo were looking like a Major P5 CB tandem at Heritage. Money looks like he's 15 pounds lighter at this point than Tyson was, and he was the slimmer of he and Lil Pat...

Aye man; TC looking like he’s figuring out the league my boy. I was going to hit u, but I see my guy is starting to get that “stay away from him” treatment. Looking healthy & locked in.

Yeah pat looked like a nfl corner as a senior in hs. And now he’s manhandling nfl WR’s. That don’t happen. Money cover skills are remarkable but my grandmother wouldn’t let him leave the crib with that weight.. 3 meals a day

Advertisement
When a kid leaves and breaks his contract the school won’t get a huge buyout like most programs when a coach leaves. So the school / collective spends hundreds of thousands of dollars or more on a scholarship , housing , nutrition , medical , development / coaching then he gets a wild hair up his butt and leaves. So now you have to recruit / negotiate with your entire roster as well as all the HS kids. While agents and other programs are in contact, with a weak and powerless Ncaa overseeing things.

This is already legal pay for play and the school by law has no hand in it. So the NIL contracts aren’t worth the paper they’re written on. A player has a decent year and I mean ” decent “ he demands 300-500 k or else. Even though he has an active deal.

If you don’t want a cap cool , don’t have one but there has to be something in place to slow down the chaos. Right now It’s beyond the wild Wild West.

If people actually knew the insanity that was going on they’d change their minds on making a kid sit one year. It’s a small ask imo.
Just gonna have to agree to disagree with you my man. I understand everything you’re saying, but I’m a proponent of paying these kids and treating them the same as you would any other student. If an engineering student works an internship for a smaller school and does amazing work and demands a bigger scholarship, he’s free to transfer. And, it’s not like these schools are strapped for cash in their football departments.

Surtain was the better prospect in comparison to McClain. Surtain's body was college ready, faster, and played superior competition. People just gave up on challenging him.

McClain will be good, but that frame is tiny. Lance Leggett tiny, so I'm not sure how he's going to do adding good weight. I don't ever see him approaching Surtain's level in college or in the pro's.

Surtain was the better prospect in comparison to McClain. Surtain's body was college ready, faster, and played superior competition. People just gave up on challenging him.

McClain will be good, but that frame is tiny. Lance Leggett tiny, so I'm not sure how he's going to do adding good weight. I don't ever see him approaching Surtain's level in college or in the pro's.
Yeah different kind of guys. I see more Hargreaves in Cormani than Peterson or Surtain

But to clarify I will take a kid like Hargreaves all day every day but he’s got a ways to go physically for sure where those other guys were monsters at that age

Advertisement
Yup I said it from day one, the transfer portal (with immediate eligibility would be a disaster). The way i see it, there are two fixes:

1. No immediate eligibility unless your HC leaves or is fired. Otherwise, sit a year.

2. Quit the sharades with this NLI **** not being connected to school. Make it connected to schools and make the contract enforceable. If in year 2 the kid wants to leave, you have to buy out the school from the contract. If in year 2 the kid wants a raise? Tough fckin ****. You signed a contract, so pay the buy out or sit.
I don’t know enough about employment law or whatever it is, but I believe the issue with collectives being attached to schools is that the student-athletes aren’t employees.

Wetzel and Forde went into it more on this week’s yahoo pod. If they become employees, the schools are screwed with employment taxes, collective bargaining, etc.

So while contracts between the student and the school might help prevent too many transfers, it’d open up a whole other can of worms that would outweigh the benefits.

I was one who bought up his weight when everyone was caping for him after he committed so I get but lets not all jump on bandwagon now and circle jerk like he sucks.. Sauce gardner went first round and he probably came into a program same weight.. If he can cover and lock down with his height and weight he will BALL OUT..

Yeah different kind of guys. I see more Hargreaves in Cormani than Peterson or Surtain

But to clarify I will take a kid like Hargreaves all day every day but he’s got a ways to go physically for sure where those other guys were monsters at that age
@JHallCanes these guys wasnt saying that when he committed, you would get stoned for saying this stuff back then, these dudes just tryna cope.. I know you see it, lol..

Advertisement
We flipped Antoine from UGA. He also had offers from BAMA, LSU, ND, OSU, MICH, OK, TENN, and more top schools, as well as 2nd tier recruiting programs like UF.

Let's not lose our heads, here.
Truly beleive Antoine is being steeped on by our fan base. Kid looks elite to me.

Really sounds like all this was orchestrated to try and create a Travis Hunter 2.0, which is exactly why the staff told Gaby to drop the CB. Not sure why kids can’t see how Deion is using them as props. It’s actually sad to see, especially when you see how he behaves with kids like Pope and burns them publicly just for the cameras. It’s all 100% contrived and designed to benefit one person, Deion Sanders.
Told y’all this 5/6 days ago. It was so blatantly obvious. His team now lying and saying “we weren’t aware he couldn’t sign on the 15th” just further more confirms it.

**** that, just pull the deal.
Kid is trolling UM at this point.
His camp has been caught lying and going on secret visits without telling the staff. Let him go to Colorado and use the funds for transfer or 24 kid that wants to be here.
i get that point of view. im also on the side of talent acquisition. hes an elite talent. get him in here and have mario straighten his house out or **** be processed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back