2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
From ON3 this morning:

Speaking to a source close to the situation in Lakeland on Wednesday morning, it appears that Miami remains an option.

“He’s committed to Miami still but is playing the game,” . “I know how secretive the kid is. I think they are still waiting (to make a final decision). If they knew what they were going to do they would have announced it already.”

The source also said that not only did McClain keep Miami coaches in the dark about his Colorado visit, but he also kept the Lakeland High coaching staff in the dark. The net result of that was Miami sending up its entire defensive staff to Lakeland High on Friday unaware that McClain was already on his way to Boulder,

“Nobody knew anything about it,” the source said. “He’s just having fun.”

The source also said that a film crew has begun following McClain around, apparently part of a documentary that his mother told a reporter about back in December. It was described as “a group” of camera people by the source.

It all makes for quite the recruitment.

This is the recipe so far: Top recruit + secrecy + documentary = chaos.

Oh, and let’s also throw this in: Per the source, apparently the McClain family was unaware that he couldn’t sign anywhere Jan. 15. Originally Cormani was telling people that he would be signing this past Sunday.

Of course, that was impossible. The three-day December signing window had long since passed. And the next window to sign a binding letter-of-intent doesn’t start until Feb. 1.

“I don’t think they realized that,” the source said.

Now there will likely be a couple of more weeks of drama, as Miami apparently will still take McClain if he opts to stick with his commitment.

So what will ultimately be the final stop of this bizarre recruiting road show?
will ferrell laughing GIF

Advertisement
I KNOW you don’t get money cause if you did you wouldn’t group words such as, “dignified”,” honorable” & “honest” with business, cause none of those are prevalent when you do business my boy.

You’re dead wrong, I can tell you’re the type of person that doesn’t get money.

I handle my business like an honest man. Not everyone is a scumbag.

I KNOW you don’t get money cause if you did you wouldn’t group words such as, “dignified”,” honorable” & “honest” with business, cause none of those are prevalent when you do business my boy.
Their behavior is just plain bad business because it makes them unreliable, untrustworthy, and hurts their brand. Rashada and his dad's spastic, non-intelligent way of conducting business will likely cost them tons of money and a whole lot of trust and good will. Cormani is reaching that point himself.

Advertisement
Case in point. It's these kind of condescending remarks that keep you on the outside.
I understand, now if you don't mind, I need to take a Nap....I lost alot of sleep last night in regards of not being in your "Former UM player, Former Coaching Staff SWFLHurricane hating Brigade, and not being included amongst the fraternity. Somehow or another I'll get through this trying time of my life.

I get what you're trying to say, but it reflects Cormani's judgment and awareness and whether he will be a reliable and accountable teammate. I'd still take his commitment if I was Miami because by all accounts he has NFL potential so I guess it's worth it, but I am sure none of what he's done has given Miami much reassurance that they were right to expend this much time and energy on his recruitment.

But you are only assuming that because those were the two most publicized. He has made it a point that for seemingly any kid in the top 300, he wants to recruit under the radar. Remember everyone freaking out that Antione was flipping to CO? There was def smoke and he signed with us so why is that not a win for Mario? I also know of at least one more player he reached out to that did not entertain him and stuck with Mario. Deon never makes it public who he is recruiting so everything is a surprise with a "wow" factor and if the kid does not end up there it is not a "loss" because no one knew about it.

Dont get me wrong, Coleman we wanted and Cormani we wanted, if we lost both, it is a loss, no matter what way you spin it. We also wanted Baxter but lost him to Texas so is Mario 0-1 against Sark? We wanted Damon WIlson, is Mario 0-1 against Smart? We wanted ****ey, is Mario 0-1 against Lanning? Unsure why only the close recruiting battles matter and if Mario has built such a strong relationship kids are telling other coaches to f-off but does not get credit for that because it did not go down to the wire.
I'll say cause Antoine ain't super sought after let's keep it a buck. High profile kids are different and Antoine ain't that. Wilson high profile we lost kid is probably the best DE in the class. Ant ain't no mega prospect let's not get it twisted. Guys that move the needle we talking about. Potential top ten pick types.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Even IF we give him the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't know he couldn't sign on the 15th, it still means he planned to sign "somewhere" the day the Colorado visit ended. Hmm.. I wonder where.

I think Cormani and his people knew 100% that he couldn't sign anywhere. But Deion? Would it really surprise anyone if he truly believed he could get around that date and told them as much?

Like others have said, there's absolutely NO chance Deion is going to allow filming of any sort of documentary with him in it, on his Campus no less, that ends with him losing. No way.

There's too much going on here to believe he's sticking. Even Jobe was saying he's still committed until he bailed like a *****. Cormani isn't even doing that.

At this point I think I'd be even more surprised if he signs than I was when he committed.

From ON3 this morning:

Speaking to a source close to the situation in Lakeland on Wednesday morning, it appears that Miami remains an option.

“He’s committed to Miami still but is playing the game,” . “I know how secretive the kid is. I think they are still waiting (to make a final decision). If they knew what they were going to do they would have announced it already.”

The source also said that not only did McClain keep Miami coaches in the dark about his Colorado visit, but he also kept the Lakeland High coaching staff in the dark. The net result of that was Miami sending up its entire defensive staff to Lakeland High on Friday unaware that McClain was already on his way to Boulder,

“Nobody knew anything about it,” the source said. “He’s just having fun.”

The source also said that a film crew has begun following McClain around, apparently part of a documentary that his mother told a reporter about back in December. It was described as “a group” of camera people by the source.

It all makes for quite the recruitment.

This is the recipe so far: Top recruit + secrecy + documentary = chaos.

Oh, and let’s also throw this in: Per the source, apparently the McClain family was unaware that he couldn’t sign anywhere Jan. 15. Originally Cormani was telling people that he would be signing this past Sunday.

Of course, that was impossible. The three-day December signing window had long since passed. And the next window to sign a binding letter-of-intent doesn’t start until Feb. 1.

“I don’t think they realized that,” the source said.

Now there will likely be a couple of more weeks of drama, as Miami apparently will still take McClain if he opts to stick with his commitment.

So what will ultimately be the final stop of this bizarre recruiting road show?
Weh dem man that said people should stop repeating that nonsense about the documentary. Come out ****.

Whats more dramatic than pushing it back. Also the fact that Deion been texting dude daily multiple times of day was very telling to me because normally when its done, you go quiet and try to spring the surprise like with Hunter. Also he had no traction at Jackson St with Cormani. Those things told me it was not signed and sealed. But we will see.

I look forward to the Criterion Collection version of this documentary.

Full Cinemascope widescreen
Deleted scenes
Optional commentary by Mario Cristobal and Deion Sanders
How about when A24 turns it into an actual drama theatrical release?

Who would play Mario, Sanders, and Sabag?

Mario is a tough one (Bobby Cannavale?) but I'm thinking Wesley Snipes for Sanders (that would hit real close to home for Grime) and Matt Roloff could make the leap from reality TV to the silver screen as Sabag.

Advertisement
I can count one one hand how many kids that pull this type of drama actually work out in the end.

He'll be in the portal after a year if he actually got Deion to con him into going there.

This

Kid has done nothing on a real stage yet and he’s already acting like he’s Deon 2.0

Most of the time, these type of kids don’t pan out

Reactions: ben
Deion Sanders aint no magician. Travis Hunter has not even been developed physically to play power 5 football so far, skinny af. They go to Colorado his stock dropping like a booty in a strip club. You gonna see them giving up 40 and 50 points to those pac 12 offenses. Man not gonna say how they have no front pass rush. U gonna see Cormani chasing WR into the endzone and thats gonna be on sportscenter. They should really think about that.

Advertisement
This kid is a narcissist of the greatest degree. At first I felt bad that people were bad mouthing his lack of a voice in this process and that something had gone awry with his grades/act score and that his expectations of his immediate future was in doubt. Now I see what we got here. Passive aggressive play all day long.

Playing like he doesn’t know the rules of recruiting/signing? We are the ones that have little skin in the game but for the future of our team and this kid is supposed to earn over $1MM during his college career and set himself up to make plenty more afterwards, and he doesn’t know the rules of when he can put this behind him and focus on his next step? He is soft spoken and doesn’t like the limelight yet he goes to great lengths to fabricate stories on where he is or is not during a weekend visit and then makes some comment about fans being ****ed off at him for him doing his thing quietly and fans overreacting? All the while seeming like he is going to play for Deion (I need attention and a film crew following me) Sanders? Funny, isn’t it!

Talk about a less fit person to be a part of a Mario (let’s get to work and out work your competition) Cristobal and Alonzo Highsmith (high character hard working and super tough) led put together squad. Let this kid take a long walk off of a short pier. They should pull the offer and cement Rodrick Pleasant in his place (as had been described as our plan B for the CB position). Get Singletary if he wants to come. But let this guy off and watch his bargaining chip disappear. We control a ton more than we let on by using this strategy. I think we should take action.
Its his momma. He a momma boy

Reactions: ben
Since McClain is clearly gone, offer his NIL package to Harbor and call it a day. His surprise is ruined, but his destination is blatantly obvious.

And if it’s too late for us with Harbor, then use that $$$ towards a premier QB and Jeremiah Smith in next year’s class.

I get what you're trying to say, but it reflects Cormani's judgment and awareness and whether he will be a reliable and accountable teammate. I'd still take his commitment if I was Miami because by all accounts he has NFL potential so I guess it's worth it, but I am sure none of what he's done has given Miami much reassurance that they were right to expend this much time and energy on his recruitment.

I understand that to a point. I played and now coach youth football so I understand the dynamics of a team and camaraderie but when you’re brought up in an environment where survival is bigger than both..I’m not dismissive of what you’re saying at all I’m just looking at it from all sides. Fan, football savant, player, coach and parents perspectives are all on my mind when viewing things.

For most, not some, kids, this will be their biggest payday of their lives. Stuff happens and everyone can’t make it to the league BUT if you can set yourself up real nice coming outta HS, you may be ok.

Also, NiL is the answer to all the transferring. 10 kids transfer outta your program , welp, now with NiL I can buy 12 more to transfer IN. So it works both ways..not to mention coaches talk cash sh*T to kids every year bout how they’ll be here & ain’t goin nowhere just for them to up & leave to another school. Read Cribbys response to that & respectfully that’s BS. Who cares if the schools get compensated?! They always get compensated, what about our youth.

So what’s happening is, ALL the bad habits we did/do in business and life is just trickling down to our youth. All the shrewd movements and sneaky links are now catching up to us && this is the byproduct.

I'll say cause Antoine ain't super sought after let's keep it a buck. High profile kids are different and Antoine ain't that. Wilson high profile we lost kid is probably the best DE in the class. Ant ain't no mega prospect let's not get it twisted. Guys that move the needle we talking about. Potential top ten pick types.
Then do you think Samson and Francis are potential top 10 picks and if Deon called and they said thanks no thanks would that change your opinion?

And if that is the case is it not 0-1? I do not see Coleman a 5'9 WR as a potential top ten pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back