2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Tbh I can't remember ever seeing Travis Hunter content via Barstool. Not saying Barstool isn't providing NLI deals, but I wonder when/how they're monetizing these supposed deals. Where's the ROI?
Exactly.

Barstool was paying the Call Your Daddy girls who had a top 10 podcast on Spotify $70k per year each and when the show blew up and was bringing in millions in advertising revenue they upped them to $500k each (then they split up and the blonde one is making $10M++ per year).

ZERO chance they are paying Hunter anything in the six figures.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you watch reality shows and documentaries and think that’s real or unbiased you probably believe wrestling is real. Especially those done on an individual. Just look at the Hernandez doc lol, that guy came out a victim or the baby face in their production. It’s either a personal agenda or some other agenda behind this stuff.
FDD0078D-6D16-4C7D-87F1-D363EF208315.gif

The best way to calm the insanity down is bringing back sitting out a year if you leave. Only if there’s a head coach change or a legit reason to get a waiver. It’s free agency right now and it’s hurting Cfb.

It’s gone from the program having all the power to the kid having it all. You get your money but you can just leave when a school / collective offers you more.

The stories I hear are just unbelievable , a kid has a decent year and he’s demanding six figures or else. It’s lunacy.
Clark?

There was lol, these days i’m not so sure abiut that
There are plenty trust me - this is my world they are just not featured like “coach prime”. There are some excellent ones on Netflix in particular including some crime related foreign language dubbed ones from South America ans South Korea that make fantasy crazy look sane. Humanity can be ****ed up

Advertisement
These kids deserve to be paid && this how I know I been on the site for too long. Weren’t we (canes fans) happy AND aware of the chaos NiL would create once it was introduced a couple years back..? When ppl begin talking about this, everyone knew it would create chaos amongst big boy schools and get some of the mid & smaller level schools a lil bit of fire power. But NOW that it hurts a few of your brains, now it’s a problem!?

Nah pay the kids..then universities (big and small) make huge amounts of paper off them kids..it’s time to pay up. I hope everybody get money & if you want more money..go hustle n get it. Some of y’all broke, we can tell.
There is a dignified, honest, honorable, mature way to conduct business....and then there is the Rashada and Cormani ways. Their way results in they and their handlers being viewed as unstable and untrustworthy.

From ON3 this morning:

Speaking to a source close to the situation in Lakeland on Wednesday morning, it appears that Miami remains an option.

“He’s committed to Miami still but is playing the game,” . “I know how secretive the kid is. I think they are still waiting (to make a final decision). If they knew what they were going to do they would have announced it already.”

The source also said that not only did McClain keep Miami coaches in the dark about his Colorado visit, but he also kept the Lakeland High coaching staff in the dark. The net result of that was Miami sending up its entire defensive staff to Lakeland High on Friday unaware that McClain was already on his way to Boulder,

“Nobody knew anything about it,” the source said. “He’s just having fun.”

The source also said that a film crew has begun following McClain around, apparently part of a documentary that his mother told a reporter about back in December. It was described as “a group” of camera people by the source.

It all makes for quite the recruitment.

This is the recipe so far: Top recruit + secrecy + documentary = chaos.

Oh, and let’s also throw this in: Per the source, apparently the McClain family was unaware that he couldn’t sign anywhere Jan. 15. Originally Cormani was telling people that he would be signing this past Sunday.

Of course, that was impossible. The three-day December signing window had long since passed. And the next window to sign a binding letter-of-intent doesn’t start until Feb. 1.

“I don’t think they realized that,” the source said.

Now there will likely be a couple of more weeks of drama, as Miami apparently will still take McClain if he opts to stick with his commitment.

So what will ultimately be the final stop of this bizarre recruiting road show?
I look forward to the Criterion Collection version of this documentary.

Full Cinemascope widescreen
Deleted scenes
Optional commentary by Mario Cristobal and Deion Sanders

I don't know how he signs with Miami after being a no show when the coaches visited. I guess there's a way to spin that story, but to me, it seemed like a nail in the coffin.
And when it leaked out he was in Colorado he lies and says he’s in Tampa.

Advertisement
eliminate collectives. plain and simple. the NIL was stuff was never supposed to be for collectives imo. it was suppsoed to be businesses that see the beneift in having a famous college football player as a sponsor (Raising Canes hiring Rattler, Kool-Aid signing Kool-Aid, etc.)
Doesn't solve anything. Then schools/collectives just go back to duffle bags.

There is a dignified, honest, honorable, mature way to conduct business....and then there is the Rashada and Cormani ways. Their way results in they and their handlers being viewed as unstable and untrustworthy.

I KNOW you don’t get money cause if you did you wouldn’t group words such as, “dignified”,” honorable” & “honest” with business, cause none of those are prevalent when you do business my boy.

Advertisement
This kid is a narcissist of the greatest degree. At first I felt bad that people were bad mouthing his lack of a voice in this process and that something had gone awry with his grades/act score and that his expectations of his immediate future was in doubt. Now I see what we got here. Passive aggressive play all day long.

Playing like he doesn’t know the rules of recruiting/signing? We are the ones that have little skin in the game but for the future of our team and this kid is supposed to earn over $1MM during his college career and set himself up to make plenty more afterwards, and he doesn’t know the rules of when he can put this behind him and focus on his next step? He is soft spoken and doesn’t like the limelight yet he goes to great lengths to fabricate stories on where he is or is not during a weekend visit and then makes some comment about fans being ****ed off at him for him doing his thing quietly and fans overreacting? All the while seeming like he is going to play for Deion (I need attention and a film crew following me) Sanders? Funny, isn’t it!

Talk about a less fit person to be a part of a Mario (let’s get to work and out work your competition) Cristobal and Alonzo Highsmith (high character hard working and super tough) led put together squad. Let this kid take a long walk off of a short pier. They should pull the offer and cement Rodrick Pleasant in his place (as had been described as our plan B for the CB position). Get Singletary if he wants to come. But let this guy off and watch his bargaining chip disappear. We control a ton more than we let on by using this strategy. I think we should take action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back