2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
He spent 3 years at UF and 1 at Jackson State. He was a 6th round pick. What am I missing? How much did Prime develop this young man?

Huh? He did nothing at UF. He goes to JSU gets moved to another position that highlights his strengths becomes a 6th round pick and had 8 sacks this year. He wasn’t going to get drafted or signed at UF

Advertisement
I hope he rots...Dude has multiple Lawsuits against him in regards to his treatment of women. I have a family member who owns a Production/Content House company in NYC.
He said Portnoy is a World Class POS...
iu

Prime was going to elevate HBCUs. Nope. Prime was there for the long haul. Nope. Prime has sent people to the league beyond the 6th round. Nope.
Huh? He did nothing at UF. He goes to JSU gets moved to another position that highlights his strengths becomes a 6th round pick and had 8 sacks this year. He wasn’t going to get drafted or signed at UF

One player. One. Yet recruits are not paying attention to that. They pay attention to the fluff. Would you send your kid to Prime? I would not. No way.

Prime was going to elevate HBCUs. Nope. Prime was there for the long haul. Nope. Prime has sent people to the league beyond the 6th round. Nope.

One player. One. Yet recruits are not paying attention to that. They pay attention to the fluff. Would you send your kid to Prime? I would not. No way.
Prime was there to do well and move on to a bigger job. Like c'mon everyone does it, your at a place to further your career in that field.

Advertisement
most notable thing prime has done in the last few years is announce a fight between a duck and a goat IS ON !!!!!!!!

He was there for 2 full seasons. His young recruits hasn’t graduated yet. The other kids were fbs castoffs/burnouts who had underwhelming careers prior to his arrival. Even with that he had like 6 players in nfl camps last year. Those players would not have had that if they didn’t transfer. Come that’s an argument with no context and Houston actually makes him looks good. Kid had more sacks than Kaivon, Walker, and until the last 2 weeks Hutchinson.

Advertisement
I think it’s pretty clear between what happened on Friday with the coaches showing up and then a lot of the “on insiders and podcastsI think it’s pretty clear between what happened on Friday with the coaches showing up and then a lot of the “on “insiders and podcasts” That the staff is sending out signals that they’re pretty much done with Cormommy barring something completely unexpected.

Maybe it’s just calling a bluff but I think this is done done done done

He was there for 2 full seasons. His young recruits hasn’t graduated yet. The other kids were fbs castoffs/burnouts who had underwhelming careers prior to his arrival. Even with that he had like 6 players in nfl camps last year. Those players would not have had that if they didn’t transfer. Come that’s an argument with no context and Houston actually makes him looks good. Kid had more sacks than Kaivon, Walker, and until the last 2 weeks Hutchinson.

Two seasons! Wow! The moment he had the chance, he bailed. Cool.

You do you. I would never send me kid to Prime. No way.

Advertisement
The only thing I feel comfortable about with this whole situation is I think we’ve done our part

Maybe that’s naive but I think we have

If he opts elsewhere, then oh well

My only gripes in the past were losing kids from a complete lack of awareness or effort

If we lose this kid I don’t see it being indicative of a bigger problem from within so I’m fine with it, no sour grapes or coping mechanisms

You don’t have to. That’s not what I’m discussing.

The proof is there at a very early stage, dont disagree. But the sample size is miniscule. Also, Hutch helped Houston a lot. I watch the Lions closely (sadly). And so did the DC considering their lack of LB depth and quality.

But Prime, IMO, is kinda a grifter. So many ethical concerns and issues.

Advertisement
From what I heard the whole 15th thing was mega CAP that wasn't ever happening.
I do think it got twisted but IMO he was going to flip to CO on the 15th or sign a financial document and continue a troll to later flip.

Look at the timeline.... At the under armour game Navarro dropped a tweet that he was "signing" on the 15th. Everyone jumped on him saying BS nothing to sign on the 15th and Navarro responded it is what Cormani told him.

Fast forward to the in-game interview Cormani said himself he was "announcing" on the 15th and the reporter then used "signing" interchangeably with his follow-up question. The kid or his camp def. had something planned for the 15th, why else say that was the date only to do nothing? Just dont say anything at all but the kid himself said it. Even with the documentary I could see that as being a lie just to stop interviews but lying about something happening on a random date? What is the benefit? I agree whatever it was could not be anything formal or official unless he was just planning to enroll somewhere so I guess possible he was still trying to get credits right but the first two options seem more probable.

By then it appears Miami wasn’t about to play this game (regardless of if DVD was in Mario’s plans for being on-field) as it didn’t fit the timeline of change.

So again, it sounds as if the deal ultimately fell apart due to McClain wanting Cristobal to follow through on his promise that DVD would be the on-field coach.

Correct me if I'm wrong here on the narrative you laid out. Just before he was supposed to sign, Colorado came in with a NIL deal that was bigger than Miami's. McClain told UM about the Colorado offer and that he may want to delay signing to think about it (he didn't decommit though). Miami matched the offer. McClain then asked for one more thing- that DVD get moved to an on-field coach. This was something that had already been directly promised to him by Cristobal. Cristobal had also told DVD he'd be an on-field coach.

But this "demand" - which was basically making sure his CB coach was locked in (so he could avoid having to request a release from his commitment if Cristobal chose to keep Addae as the CB coach) was just a bridge too far because it messed with Cristobals timetable.

for soap opera purposes, did the staff show up unannounced bc they knew he may be taking an OV somewhere or did he coordinate to meet with them and left.
So Mario brings the entire defensive staff unannounced with a kid who’s committed and doesn’t tell him? Please stop it.

Let’s say that’s true then why would the kid lie and say he was in Tampa?

Why visit somewhere in secret when you are committed to another school unless you’re being deceitful?

Bain took a visit to FSU…You don’t think the staff knew they wouldn’t be available that weekend? And Bain hadn’t even verbally commited to us when he took the visit.

Sometimes you have to see someone for what he is….a troll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back